- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 612182, 11 pages
B3: Fuzzy-Based Data Center Load Optimization in Cloud Computing
Department of Information Technology, PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu 624 622, India
Received 31 December 2012; Revised 24 February 2013; Accepted 25 February 2013
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2013 M. Jaiganesh and A. Vincent Antony Kumar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Modi, D. Patel, B. Borisaniya, H. Patel, A. Patel, and M. Rajarajan, “A survey of intrusion detection techniques in cloud,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 42–57, 2013.
- F. M. Aymerich, G. Fenu, and S. Surcis, “An approach to a cloud computing network,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on the Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies (ICADIWT '08), pp. 113–118, Ostrava, Czech Republic, August 2008.
- Enterasys Secure Networks, Data Center Networking-Managing Virtualized Environment, Enterasys Networks, Salem, NH, USA, 2011.
- I. Foster, Y. Zhao, I. Raicu, and S. Lu, “Cloud computing and grid computing 360-degree compared,” in Proceedings of the Grid Computing Environments Workshop (GCE '08), pp. 1–10, Austin, Tex, USA, November 2008.
- M. Jaiganesh and A. Vincent Antony Kumar, “JNLP based secure software as a service in cloud computing,” Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 283, pp. 495–504, 2012.
- M. Armbrust, A. Fox, R. Griffth et al., “Above the clouds: a berkeley view of cloud computing,” Tech. Rep. UCB/EESCS-2009-28, EECS Department; University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2009.
- M. Beckert, B. A. Ellison, and S. Krishnapura, “Intel it data center solutions: strategies to improve efficiency,” IT@ Intel White Paper, Intel Information Technology, Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, Calif, USA, 2009, 1–11.
- P. Stryer, “Understanding data centers and cloud computing,” Expert Reference Series of White Papers, Global Knowledge Training LLC, Cary, NC, USA, 2010, 1–7.
- R. Buyya, “Market-oriented cloud computing: vision, hype, and reality of delivering computing as the 5th utility,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGRID '09), pp. 1–13, Shanghai, China, May 2009.
- J. Varia, “Cloud architectures,” White Paper, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Company, 2008, 1–14.
- L. Wang, J. Zhan, W. Shi, Y. Liang, and L. Yuan, “In cloud, do MTC or HTC service providers benefit from the economies of scale?” in Proceedings of the 2nd ACM Workshop on Many-Task Computing on Grids and Supercomputers (MTAGS '09), pp. 7–11, November 2009.
- M. Jaiganesh and A. Vincent Antony Kumar, “ACDP: prediction of application cloud data center proficiency using fuzzy modeling,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Modeling, Optimization and Computing, Procedia Engineering, vol. 38, pp. 3005–3018, Elsevier Publications, 2012.
- B. J. S. Chee and C. Franklin, Cloud Computing—Technologies and Strategies of the Ubiquitous Data Center, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2010.
- C. Cattani, S. Chen, and G. Aldashev, “Information and modeling in complexity,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 868413, 3 pages, 2012.
- X. Jie, M. Li, W. Zhao, and S. Y. Chen, “Bound maxima as a traffic feature under DDOS flood attacks,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 419319, 20 pages, 2012.
- Y. Zheng, S.-Y. Chen, Y. Lin, and W.-L. Wang, “Bio-inspired optimization of sustainable energy systems: a review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 354523, 12 pages, 2013.
- M. Kutare, G. Eisenhauer, C. Wang, K. Schwan, V. Talwar, and M. Wolf, “Monalytics: online monitoring and analytics for managing large scale data centers,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Communications (ICAC '10), pp. 141–150, Washington, DC, USA, June 2010.
- P. Lu, S. Chen, and Y. Zheng, “Artificial intelligence in civil engineering,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 145974, 22 pages, 2012.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets and systems,” International Journal of General Systems, pp. 129–138, 1990.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Outline of new approach to the analysis of complex systems and decision processes,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. SMC-3, pp. 28–44, 1973.
- A. K. Lohani, R. Kumar, and R. D. Singh, “Hydrological time series modeling: a comparison between adaptive neuro-fuzzy, neural network and autoregressive techniques,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 442-443, pp. 23–35, 2012.
- E. H. Mamdani and S. Assilian, “Experiment in linguistic synthesis with a fuzzy logic controller,” International Journal of Man-Machine Studies, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 1975.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, Gaussian Self-Affinity and Fractals, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Abstract description of internet traffic of generalized Cauchy type,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Article ID 821215, 18 pages, 2012.
- D. Veitch, N. Hohn, and P. Abry, “Multifractality in TCP/IP traffic: the case against,” Computer Networks, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 293–313, 2005.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Visiting power laws in cyber-physical networking systems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 302786, 13 pages, 2012.
- P. Abry, R. Baraniuk, P. Flandrin, R. Riedi, and D. Veitch, “Multiscale nature of network traffic,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 28–46, 2002.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1368–1372, 2010.
- G. Terdik and T. Gyires, “Lévy flights and fractal modeling of internet traffic,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 120–129, 2009.
- A. Iosup, S. Ostermann, N. Yigitbasi, R. Prodan, T. Fahringer, and D. Epema, “Performance analysis of cloud computing services for many-tasks scientific computing,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 931–945, 2011.
- R. Moreno-Vozmediano, R. S. Montero, and I. M. Llorente, “Multicloud deployment of computing clusters for loosely coupled MTC applications,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 924–930, 2011.
- X. Dutreilh, N. Rivierre, A. Moreau, J. Malenfant, and I. Truck, “From data center resource allocation to control theory and back,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD '10), pp. 410–417, Miami, Fla, USA, July 2010.
- Y. O. Yazir, “Visual assessment of cloud resource consolidation managers using convex hulls,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Eighth World Congress on Services, pp. 293–300, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, June 2012.
- M. Litoiu, M. Woodside, J. Wong, J. Ng, and G. Iszlai, “A business driven cloud optimization architecture,” in Proceedings of the 25th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC '10), pp. 380–385, ACM, New York, NY, USA, March 2010.
- S. W. Liao, T. H. Hung, D. Nguyen, H. Zhou, C. Chou, and C. Tu, “Prefetch optimizations on large-scale applications via parameter value prediction,” in Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS '09), pp. 519–520, Yorktown Heights, NY, USA, June 2009.
- A. Patel, M. Taghavi, K. Bakhtiyari, and J. C. Jnior, “An intrusion detection and prevention system in cloud computing: a systematic,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 25–41, 2013.
- G. Reese, Cloud Application Architectures: Building Applications and Infrastructure in the Cloud, O’Reilly Media Publications, Gravenstein Highway North Sebastopol, Calif, USA, 2009.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Asymptotic identity in min-plus algebra: a report on CPNS,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, Article ID 154038, 11 pages, 2012.
- M. Malekzadeh, A. A. A. Ghani, and S. Subramaniam, “A new security model to prevent denial-of-service attacks and violation of availability in wireless networks,” International Journal of Communication Systems, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 903–925, 2012.
- The parallel Workloads archive Team, “The parallel Workloads Archive logs January,” 2009.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “A model to partly but reliably distinguish DDOS flood traffic from aggregated one,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 860569, 12 pages, 2012.
- M. Mirahmadi and A. Shami, “Traffic-prediction-assisted dynamic bandwidth assignment for hybrid optical wireless networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 244–259, 2012.
- H. S. Kim and N. B. Shroff, “The notion of end-to-end capacity and its application to the estimation of end-to-end network delays,” Computer Networks, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 475–488, 2005.
- The HPCC Team, “HPC challenge results,” 2009.
- H. Liu and D. Orban, “GridBatch: cloud computing for large-scale data-intensive batch applications,” in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGRID '08), pp. 295–305, Lyon, France, May 2008.
- A. Iosup, H. Li, M. Jan et al., “The grid workloads archive,” Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 672–686, 2008.
- A. Rizk and M. Fidler, “Non-asymptotic end-to-end performance bounds for networks with long range dependent fBm cross traffic,” Computer Networks, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 127–141, 2012.
- X. Jie, M. Li, and W. Zhao SY Chen, “Bound maxima as a traffic feature under DDOS flood attacks,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 419319, 20 pages, 2012.
- M. Maurer, I. Brandic, and R. Sakellariou, “Self-adaptive and resource-efficient SLA enactment for cloud computing infrastructures,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 5th International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD), pp. 368–3375, 2012.
- M. Armbrust, A. Fox, R. Griffth et al., “Above the clouds: a berkeley view of cloud computing,” Tech. Rep. UCB/EESCS-2009-28, EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2009.
- L. Youseff, M. Butrico, and D. Da Silva, “Toward a unified ontology of cloud computing,” in Proceedings of the Grid Computing Environments Workshop (GCE '08), Austin, Tex, USA, November 2008.
- M. Saleem Khan, “Fuzzy time control modeling of discrete event systems,” in Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, International Association of Engineers (IAENG '08), pp. 683–688, 2008.
- W. Duch, R. Adamczak, and K. Gra bczewski, “A new methodology of extraction, optimization and application of crisp and fuzzy logical rules,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 277–306, 2001.