- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 649857, 6 pages
Accelerated Particle Swarm for Optimum Design of Frame Structures
1Marand Faculty of Engineering, University of Tabriz, Tabriz 51666-14766, Iran
2Department of Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Ahar Branch, Ahar 54516, Iran
3Department of Structural Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Shabestar Branch, Shabestar 57168-14758, Iran
Received 29 November 2012; Revised 29 December 2012; Accepted 30 December 2012
Academic Editor: Fei Kang
Copyright © 2013 S. Talatahari et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Kaveh and S. Talatahari, “Optimal design of skeletal structures via the charged system search algorithm,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 893–911, 2010.
- A. Kaveh, B. F. Azar, and S. Talatahari, “Ant colony optimization for design of space trusses,” International Journal of Space Structures, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 167–181, 2008.
- S. Talatahari, M. Kheirollahi, C. Farahmandpour, and A. H. Gandomi, “Optimum design of truss structures using multi stage particle swarm optimization,” Neural Computing & Applications, 2012.
- S. Chen, Y. Zheng, C. Cattani, and W. Wang, “Modeling of biological intelligence for SCM system optimization,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 769702, 10 pages, 2012.
- S. Chen, Y. Wang, and C. Cattani, “Key issues in modeling of complex 3D structures from video sequences,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 856523, 17 pages, 2012.
- S. Chen, W. Huang, C. Cattani, and G. Altieri, “Traffic dynamics on complex networks: a survey,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 732698, 23 pages, 2012.
- F. Kang, J. Li, and Z. Ma, “Rosenbrock artificial bee colony algorithm for accurate global optimization of numerical functions,” Information Sciences, vol. 181, no. 16, pp. 3508–3531, 2011.
- F. Kang, J. Li, and Z. Ma, “An artificial bee colony algorithm for locating the critical slip surface in slope stability analysis,” Engineering Optimization, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 207–223, 2013.
- P. Angeline, “Evolutionary optimization versus particle swarm optimization: philosophy and performance difference,” in Proceedings of the Evolutionary Programming Conference, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1998.
- Y. Shi and R. C. Eberhart, “Fuzzy adaptive particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 101–106, May 2001.
- Y. Liu, Z. Qin, Z. Shi, and J. Lu, “Center particle swarm optimization,” Neurocomputing, vol. 70, no. 4-6, pp. 672–679, 2007.
- M. Xi, J. Sun, and W. Xu, “An improved quantum-behaved particle swarm optimization algorithm with weighted mean best position,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 205, no. 2, pp. 751–759, 2008.
- B. Jiao, Z. Lian, and X. S. Gu, “A dynamic inertia weight particle swarm optimization algorithm,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 698–705, 2008.
- X. Yang, J. Yuan, J. Yuan, and H. Mao, “A modified particle swarm optimizer with dynamic adaptation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 189, no. 2, pp. 1205–1213, 2007.
- A. Kaveh and S. Talatahari, “A particle swarm ant colony optimization for truss structures with discrete variables,” Journal of Constructional Steel Research, vol. 65, no. 8-9, pp. 1558–1568, 2009.
- A. Kaveh and S. Talatahari, “Particle swarm optimizer, ant colony strategy and harmony search scheme hybridized for optimization of truss structures,” Computers and Structures, vol. 87, no. 5-6, pp. 267–283, 2009.
- P. C. Fourie and A. A. Groenwold, “The particle swarm optimization algorithm in size and shape optimization,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 259–267, 2002.
- A. Kaveh and S. Talatahari, “Hybrid algorithm of harmony search, particle swarm and ant colony for structural design optimization,” in Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol. 239, pp. 159–198, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2009.
- A. Hadidi, A. Kaveh, B. Farahnadazar, S. Talatahari, and C. Farahmandpour, “An efficient hybrid algorithm based on particle swarm and simulated annealing for optimal design of space trusses,” International Journal of Optimization in Civil Engineering, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 377–395, 2011.
- J. F. Schutte and A. A. Groenwold, “Sizing design of truss structures using particle swarms,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 261–269, 2003.
- F. Kang, J. Li, and Q. Xu, “Damage detection based on improved particle swarm optimization using vibration data,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 2329–2335, 2012.
- X. S. Yang, Nature-Inspired Metaheuristic Algorithms, Luniver Press, 2nd edition, 2010.
- A. Kaveh and S. Talatahari, “Charged system search for optimal design of frame structures,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 382–393, 2012.
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), Manual of Steel Construction Load Resistance Factor Design, AISC, Chicago, Ill, USA, 3rd edition, 2001.
- C. A. C. Coello, “Theoretical and numerical constraint-handling techniques used with evolutionary algorithms: a survey of the state of the art,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 191, no. 11-12, pp. 1245–1287, 2002.
- A. Kaveh and S. Talatahari, “An improved ant colony optimization for the design of planar steel frames,” Engineering Structures, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 864–873, 2010.
- J. Kennedy and R. C. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1948, December 1995.
- R. C. Eberhart and J. Kennedy, “A new optimizer using particle swarm theory,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Micro Machine and Human Science, pp. 39–43, Nagoya, Japan, October 1995.
- R. C. Eberhart and Y. Shi, “Comparing inertia weights and constriction factors in particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '00), pp. 84–88, July 2000.
- A. H. Gandomi, G. J. Yun, X. S. Yang, and S. Talatahari, “Combination of chaos and accelerated particle swarm optimization,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulations, vol. 18, pp. 327–340, 2013.
- C. V. Camp, S. Pezeshk, and G. Cao, “Optimized design of two-dimensional structures using a genetic algorithm,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 124, no. 5, pp. 551–559, 1998.
- A. Kaveh and S. Shojaee, “Optimal design of skeletal structures using ant colony optimization,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 563–581, 2007.
- A. Kaveh and S. Talatahari, “A discrete Big Bang—Big Crunch algorithm for optimal design of skeletal structures,” Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 103–122, 2010.
- A. Kaveh and S. Talatahari, “Optimum design of skeletal structures using imperialist competitive algorithm,” Computers and Structures, vol. 88, no. 21-22, pp. 1220–1229, 2010.