- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 651483, 9 pages
A Numerical Study on the Supersonic Steam Ejector Use in Steam Turbine System
China Ship Development and Design Center, Wuhan, Hubei 433064, China
Received 11 October 2012; Revised 22 November 2012; Accepted 6 December 2012
Academic Editor: Zhijun Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Lin Cai and Miao He. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Akterian, “Improving the energy efficiency of traditional multi-stage steam-jet-ejector vacuum systems for deodorizing edible oils.,” Procedia Food Science, vol. 1, pp. 1785–11791, 2011.
- M. L. Ferrari, D. Bernardi, and A. F. Massardo, “Design and testing of ejectors for high temperature fuel cell hybrid systems,” Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 284–291, 2006.
- K. Zhang and F. Xue, “Experiment study and guidelines of high-pressure gas ejector,” Journal of Thermal Science and Technology, vol. 3, pp. 133–138, 2004.
- D. W. Sun and I. W. Eames, “Recent developments in the design theories and applications of ejectors—a review,” Journal of the Institute of Energy, vol. 68, no. 475, pp. 65–79, 1995.
- I. W. Eames, S. Aphornratana, and H. Haider, “A theoretical and experimental study of a small-scale steam jet refrigerator,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 378–386, 1995.
- B. J. Huang, J. M. Chang, C. P. Wang, and V. A. Petrenko, “A 1-D analysis of ejector performance,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 354–364, 1999.
- M. Ouzzane and Z. Aidoun, “Model development and numerical procedure for detailed ejector analysis and design,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 23, no. 18, pp. 2337–2351, 2003.
- Y. Bartosiewicz, Z. Aidoun, P. Desevaux, and Y. Mercadier, “Numerical and experimental investigations on supersonic ejectors,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 56–70, 2005.
- E. Rusly, L. Aye, W. W. S. Charters, and A. Ooi, “CFD analysis of ejector in a combined ejector cooling system,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 1092–1101, 2005.
- S. Pietrowicz and J. Kasperski, “The Thermo-flow processes proceeding during the two-phase flow in supersonic ejector applied in low power solar air conditioning Systems,” in Proceedings of the International Congress of Refrigeration, Beijing, China, 2007, ICR07-E1-1073.
- T. Sriveerakul, S. Aphornratana, and K. Chunnanond, “Performance prediction of steam ejector using computational fluid dynamics: part 1. Validation of the CFD results,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 812–822, 2007.
- K. Pianthong, W. Seehanam, M. Behnia, T. Sriveerakul, and S. Aphornratana, “Investigation and improvement of ejector refrigeration system using computational fluid dynamics technique,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 2556–2564, 2007.
- D. Scott, Z. Aidoun, O. Bellache, and M. Ouzzane, “CFD simulations of a supersonic ejector for use in refrigeration applications,” in Proceedings of the International Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Conference at Purdue, July 2008, paper 927.
- M. J. Moore and P. T. Walters, “Predicting the fog drop size in wet steam turbines,” in Proceedings of the Wet Steam 4 Conference, Institute of Mechanical Engineers (UK), University of Warwick, 1973, paper C37/73.
- W. Wagner, J. R. Cooper, A. Dittmann et al., “The IAPWS industrial formulation 1997 for the thermodynamic properties of water and steam,” Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 150–180, 2000.
- Y. Yang and S. Shen, “Numerical simulation on non-equilibrium spontaneous condensation in supersonic steam flow,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 902–907, 2009.
- M. J. Kermani and A. G. Gerber, “A general formula for the evaluation of thermodynamic and aerodynamic losses in nucleating steam flow,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 46, no. 17, pp. 3265–3278, 2003.