- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 679026, 9 pages
A New Spectral Shape-Based Record Selection Approach Using and Genetic Algorithms
1Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa, Ciudad Universitaria, Calzada de las Américas y Boulevard Universitarios S/N, 80040 Culiacán Rosales, SIN, Mexico
2Coordinación de Mecánica Aplicada, Instituto de Ingeniería, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 Coyoacán, DF, Mexico
Received 27 September 2012; Revised 13 December 2012; Accepted 13 December 2012
Academic Editor: Wei-Chiang Hong
Copyright © 2013 Edén Bojórquez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Azarbakht and M. Dolšek, “Prediction of the median IDA curve by employing a limited number of ground motion records,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 36, no. 15, pp. 2401–2421, 2007.
- A. Azarbakht and M. Dolek, “Progresive incremental dynamic analysis for first-mode dominated structures,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 382–388, 2011.
- E. Kalkan and A. K. Chopra, “Modal-pushover-based ground-motion scaling procedure,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 298–310, 2011.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), “NEHRP recommended provisions for seismic regulations for new buildings and other structures,” Tech. Rep. no. 450, FEMA, Washington, DC, USA, 2004.
- CEN, European Committee for Standardization, “General rules, seismic actions and rules for buildings,” in Eurocode 8: Design Provisions for Earthquake Resistance of Structures, Part 1.1, 2003.
- G. W. Housner, “Spectrum intensities of strong motion earthquakes,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on Earthquake and Blast Effects on Structures, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, 1952.
- J. L. Von-Thun, L. H. Rochin, G. A. Scott, and J. A. Wilson, “Earthquake ground motions for design and analysis of dams,” in Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics: II. Recent Advance in Ground-Motion Evaluation, vol. 20, pp. 463–481, ASCE, New York, NY, USA, 1988.
- P. P. Cordova, G. G. Dierlein, S. S. F. Mehanny, and C. A. Cornell, “Development of a two parameter seismic intensity measure and probabilistic assessment procedure,” in Proceedings of the 2nd US Japan Workshop on Performance-Based Earthquake Engineering Methodology for Reinforce Concrete Building Structures, pp. 187–206, Sapporo, Japan, 2001.
- J. W. Baker and C. A. Cornell, “A vector-valued ground motion intensity measure consisting of spectral acceleration and epsilon,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1193–1217, 2005.
- E. Bojórquez and I. Iervolino, “Spectral shape proxies and nonlinear structural response,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 996–1008, 2011.
- N. Buratti, “Confronto tra le performance di diverse misure di intensità dello scuotimento sísmico,” in 14th Congreso Nacional de Ingeniería Sísmica Italiano, ANDIS, Bari, Italy, 2011.
- E. Bojrquez, I. Iervolino, A. Reyes-Salazar, and S. E. Ruiz, “Comparing vector-valued intensity measures for fragility analysis of steel frames in the case of narrow-band ground motions,” Engineering Structures, vol. 45, pp. 472–480, 2012.
- C. Camp, S. Pezeshk, and G. Cao, “Optimized design of two-dimensional structures using a genetic algorithm,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 124, no. 5, pp. 551–559, 1998.
- S. Pezeshk, C. V. Camp, and D. Chen, “Design of nonlinear framed structures using genetic optimization,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 387–388, 2000.
- M. B. Prendes-Gero and J. M. Drouet, “Micro-scale truss optimization using genetic algorithm,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 647–656, 2011.
- F. Naeim, A. Alimoradi, and S. Pezeshk, “Selection and scaling of ground motion time histories for structural design using genetic algorithms,” Earthquake Spectra, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 413–426, 2004.
- X. Ye and D. C. Wang, “Selection of real earthquake accelerograms for structural dynamic analysis and energy evaluation,” Science China, Technological Sciences, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 2878–2885, 2011.
- E. Bojrquez, J. Bojrquez, S. E. Ruiz, and A. Reyes-Salazar, “Prediction of inelastic response spectra using artificial neural networks,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 937480, 15 pages, 2012.
- X.-S. Yang, “Firefly algorithms for multimodal optimization,” in Stochastic algorithms: Foundations and Applications, vol. 5792 of Lectures notes in Computer Science, pp. 169–178, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2009.
- I. Iervolino, C. Galasso, R. Paolucci, and F. Pacor, “Engineering ground motion record selection in the Italian accelerometric archive,” Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1761–1778, 2011.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1975.
- D. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1989.
- A. Kuri-Morales and J. Galaviz-Casas, “Genetic algorithms,” Fondo de Cultura Econmica/UNAM/IPN, 2002.
- D. A. Coley, An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms for Scientists and Engineers, World Scientific, 1999.
- ASCE, Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures, ASCE/SEI 7-05, Supplement 1, Reston, Va, USA.
- N. Jayaram, T. Lin, and J. Baker, “A computational efficient ground motion selection algorithm for matching a target response spectrum mean and variance,” Earthquake Spectra, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 797–815, 2011.
- A. J. Carr, RUAUMOKO-Inelastic Dynamic Analysis Program, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand, 2008.
- J. R. Benjamin and C. A. Cornell, Probability, Statistic, and Decision for Civil Engineers, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1970.