- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 696597, 6 pages
A Possible Generalization of Acoustic Wave Equation Using the Concept of Perturbed Derivative Order
1Institute for Groundwater Studies, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein 9300, South Africa
2Department of Mathematics and Institute for Mathematical Research, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
Received 18 February 2013; Accepted 18 March 2013
Academic Editor: Guo-Cheng Wu
Copyright © 2013 Abdon Atangana and Adem Kılıçman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Aki and P. Richards, Quantitative Seismology, Theory and Methods: Freeman, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- A. D. Pierce, Acoustics: An Introduction to Its Physical Principles and Applications, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- W. Chen and S. Holm, “Fractional Laplacian time-space models for linear and nonlinear lossy media exhibiting arbitrary frequency dependency,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 115, no. 4, pp. 1424–1430, 2004.
- L. E. S. Ramirez and C. F. M. Coimbra, “On the selection and meaning of variable order operators for dynamic modeling,” International Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2010, Article ID 846107, 16 pages, 2010.
- L. E. S. Ramirez and C. F. M. Coimbra, “On the variable order dynamics of the nonlinear wake caused by a sedimenting particle,” Physica D, vol. 240, no. 13, pp. 1111–1118, 2011.
- B. Ross and S. Samko, “Fractional integration operator of variable order in the Hölder spaces ,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 777–788, 1995.
- S. Umarov and S. Steinberg, “Variable order differential equations with piecewise constant order-function and diffusion with changing modes,” Zeitschrift für Analysis und ihre Anwendungen, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 431–450, 2009.
- R. L. Magin, O. Abdullah, D. Baleanu, and X. J. Zhou, “Anomalous diffusion expressed through fractional order differential operators in the Bloch-Torrey equation,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 255–270, 2008.
- A. Atangana and J. F. Botha, “Generalized groundwater flow equation using the concept of variable order derivative,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2013, p. 53, 2013.
- H. G. Sun, W. Chen, and Y. Q. Chen, “Variable order fractional differential operators in anomalous diffusion modeling,” Physica A, vol. 388, no. 21, pp. 4586–4592, 2009.
- G. C. Wu, “New trends in the variational iteration method,” Communications in Fractional Calculus, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 59–75, 2011.
- L. Ya. Kobelev, L. Ya. Kobelev, and L. Yu. Klimontovicht " ", “Anomalous diffusion with time and coordinate-dependent memory,” Dokiady Physics, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 264–268, 2003.
- G. C. Wu and D. Baleanu, “Variational iteration method for the Burgers' flow with fractional derivatives-New Lagrange multipliers,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 6183–6190, 2013.
- G. C. Wu and D. Baleanu, “Variational iteration method for fractional calculus—a universal approach by Laplace transform,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2013, p. 18, 2013.
- S. A. El-Wakil, E. M. Abulwafa, M. A. Zahran, and A. A. Mahmoud, “Time-fractional KdV equation: formulation and solution using variational methods,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 65, no. 1-2, pp. 55–63, 2011.
- A. Atangana, A. Ahmed, and N. Bildik, “A generalized version of a low velocity impact between a rigid sphere and a transversely isotropic strain-hardening plate supported by a rigid substrate using the concept of non-integer derivatives,” Abstract Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 671321, 9 pages, 2013.
- A. Atangana and A. Secer, “Time-fractional coupled- the korteweg-de vries equations,” Abstract Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 947986, 8 pages, 2013.
- J. J. S. Duan, R. Rach, D. Bulean, and A. M. Wazwaz, “A review of the Adomian decomposition method and its applications to fractional differential equations,” Communications in Fractional Calculus, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 73–99, 2012.
- N. Bildik and A. Konuralp, “The use of variational iteration method, differential transform method and Adomian decomposition method for solving different types of nonlinear partial differential equations,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 65–70, 2006.
- Z. M. Odibat and S. Momani, “Application of variational iteration method to nonlinear differential equations of fractional order,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 27–34, 2006.
- M. Inokuti, H. Sekine, and T. Mura, “General use of the Lagrange multiplier in non-linear mathematical physics,” in Variational Method in the Mechanics of Solids, S. Nemat-Nasser, Ed., pp. 156–162, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1978.
- A. Atangana, “New class of boundary value problems,” Information Science Letters, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 67–76, 2012.
- P. M. Morse and H. Feshbash, Methods of Theoretical Physics, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1953.