- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 726721, 10 pages
Fractional Resonance-Based Filters
1Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB, T2N 1N4, Canada
2Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Sharjah, P.O. Box 27272, Sharjah, UAE
Received 17 September 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: József Kázmér Tar
Copyright © 2013 Todd J. Freeborn et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. S. Elwakil, “Fractional-order circuits and systems: an emerging interdisciplinary research area,” IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 40–50, 2010.
- J. A. Tenreiro Machado, I. S. Jesus, A. Galhano, and J. Boaventura Cunha, “Fractional order electromagnetics,” Signal Processing, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 2637–2644, 2006.
- N. Sebaa, Z. E. A. Fellah, W. Lauriks, and C. Depollier, “Application of fractional calculus to ultrasonic wave propagation in human cancellous bone,” Signal Processing, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 2668–2677, 2006.
- J. Sabatier, M. Aoun, A. Oustaloup, G. Grégoire, F. Ragot, and P. Roy, “Fractional system identification for lead acid battery state of charge estimation,” Signal Processing, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 2645–2657, 2006.
- J. D. Gabano and T. Poinot, “Fractional modelling and identification of thermal systems,” Signal Processing, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 531–541, 2011.
- A. G. Radwan, A. S. Elwakil, and A. M. Soliman, “Fractional-order sinusoidal oscillators: design procedure and practical examples,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 2051–2063, 2008.
- A. G. Radwan, A. S. Elwakil, and A. M. Soliman, “On the generalization of second-order filters to the fractional-order domain,” Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 361–386, 2009.
- A. Soltan, A. G. Radwan, and A. M. Soliman, “Butterworth passive filter in the fractional order,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Microelectronics (ICM '11), pp. 1–5, Hammamet, Tunisia, 2011.
- P. Ahmadi, B. Maundy, A. S. Elwakil, and L. Belostostski, “High-quality factor asymmetric-slope band-pass filters: a fractional-order capacitor approach,” IET Circuits, Devices & Systems, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 187–197, 2012.
- A. Lahiri and T. K. Rawat, “Noise analysis of single stage fractional-order low pass filter using stochastic and fractional calculus,” ECTI Transactions on Electronics and Communications, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 136–143, 2009.
- A. Radwan, “Stability analysis of the fractional-order circuit,” Journal of Fractional Calculus and Applications, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- T. J. Freeborn, B. Maundy, and A. S. Elwakil, “Field programmable analogue array implementations of fractional step filters,” IET Circuits, Devices & Systems, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 514–524, 2010.
- B. Maundy, A. S. Elwakil, and T. J. Freeborn, “On the practical realization of higher-order filters with fractional stepping,” Signal Processing, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 484–491, 2011.
- T. J. Freeborn, B. Maundy, and A. S. Elwakil, “Fractional-step Tow-Thomas biquad filters,” Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications, IEICE (NOLTA), vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 357–374, 2012.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations: An Introduction to Fractional Derivatives, Fractional Differential Equations, to Methods of Their Solution and some of Their Applications, vol. 198, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- M. Nakagawa and K. Sorimachi, “Basic characteristics of a fractance device,” IEICE—Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences E, vol. 75, pp. 1814–1819, 1992.
- M. Sivarama Krishna, S. Das, K. Biswas, and B. Goswami, “Fabrication of a fractional order capacitor with desired spec- ifications: a study on process identification and characterization,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 4067–4073, 2011.
- T. Haba, G. Ablart, T. Camps, and F. Olivie, “Influence of the electrical parameters on the input impedance of a fractal structure realised on silicon,” Chaos, Solitons Fractals, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 479–490, 2005.
- J. J. Quintana, A. Ramos, and I. Nuez, “Identification of the fractional impedance of ultracapacitors,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications (IFAC '06), pp. 289–293, 2006.
- A. Dzieliński, G. Sarwas, and D. Sierociuk, “Comparison and validation of integer and fractional order ultracapacitor models,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2011, article 11, 2011.
- I. Podlubny, I. Petráš, B. M. Vinagre, P. O'Leary, and L'. Dorčák, “Analogue realizations of fractional-order controllers,” Nonlinear Dynamics: An International Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos in Engineering Systems, vol. 29, no. 1–4, pp. 281–296, 2002.
- B. Krishna and K. Reddy, “Active and passive realization of fractance device of order 1/2,” Active and Passive Electronic Components, vol. 2008, Article ID 369421, 5 pages, 2008.
- R. Schaumann and M. E. Van Valkenburg, Design of Analog Filters, Oxford University Press, 2001.
- L. T. Bruton, “Network transfer functions using the concept of frequency-dependent negative resistance,” IEEE Transactions on Circuit Theory, vol. CT-16, no. 3, pp. 406–408, 1969.