- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 732643, 5 pages
On Homogeneous Production Functions with Proportional Marginal Rate of Substitution
1Department of Information Technology, Mathematics and Physics, Petroleum-Gas University of Ploieşti, Bulevardul Bucureşti No. 39, 100680 Ploieşti, Romania
2Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Research Center in Geometry, Topology and Algebra, University of Bucharest, Street Academiei No. 14, Sector 1, 70109 Bucharest, Romania
3Department of Mathematical Modelling, Economic Analysis and Statistics, Petroleum-Gas University of Ploieşti, Bulevardul Bucureşti No. 39, 100680 Ploieşti, Romania
Received 11 December 2012; Accepted 10 February 2013
Academic Editor: Gradimir Milovanovic
Copyright © 2013 Alina Daniela Vîlcu and Gabriel Eduard Vîlcu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. B. Adinya, B. O. Offem, and G. U. Ikpi, “Application of a stochastic frontier production function for measurement and comparision of technical efficiency of mandarin fish and clown fish production in lowlands reservoirs, ponds and dams of Cross River State, Nigeria,” Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 595–600, 2011.
- E. Chassot, D. Gascuel, and A. Colomb, “Impact of trophic interactions on production functions and on the ecosystem response to fishing: a simulation approach,” Aquatic Living Resources, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2005.
- S. T. Cooper and E. Cohn, “Estimation of a frontier production function for the South Carolina educational process,” Economics of Education Review, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 313–327, 1997.
- M. E. Da Silva Freire and J. J. R. F. Da Silva, “The application of production functions to the higher education system—some examples from Portuguese universities,” Higher Education, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 447–460, 1975.
- J. M. Boussard, “Bio physical models as detailed engineering production functions,” in Bio-Economic Models Applied to Agricultural Systems, pp. 15–28, Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherland, 2011.
- T. G. Gowing, “Technical change and scale economies in an engineering production function: The case of steam electric power,” Journal of Industrial Economics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 135–152, 1974.
- J. Marsden, D. Pingry, and A. Whinston, “Engineering foundations of production functions,” Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 124–140, 1974.
- D. L. Martin, D. G. Watts, and J. R. Gilley, “Model and production function for irrigation management,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 149–164, 1984.
- C. W. Cobb and P. H. Douglas, “A theory of production,” American Economic Review, vol. 18, pp. 139–165, 1928.
- A. D. Vîlcu and G. E. Vîlcu, “On some geometric properties of the generalized CES production functions,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 1, pp. 124–129, 2011.
- G. E. Vîlcu, “A geometric perspective on the generalized Cobb-Douglas production functions,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 777–783, 2011.
- S. K. Mishra, “A brief history of production functions,” The IUP Journal of Managerial Economics, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 6–34, 2010.
- C. A. Ioan and G. Ioan, “A generalization of a class of production functions,” Applied Economics Letters, vol. 18, pp. 1777–1784, 2011.
- L. Losonczi, “Production functions having the CES property,” Acta Mathematica Academiae Paedagogicae Nyíregyháziensis, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 113–125, 2010.
- B.-Y. Chen, “Classification of h-homogeneous production functions with constant elasticity of substitution,” Tamkang Journal of Mathematics, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 321–328, 2012.
- B.-Y. Chen, “On some geometric properties of h-homogeneous production functions in microeconomics,” Kragujevac Journal of Mathematics, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 343–357, 2011.
- B.-Y. Chen, “On some geometric properties of quasi-sum production models,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 392, no. 2, pp. 192–199, 2012.
- B.-Y. Chen, “Geometry of quasy-sum production functions with constant elasticity of substitution property,” Journal of Advanced Mathematical Studies, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 90–97, 2012.
- B.-Y. Chen, “Classification of homothetic functions with constant elasticity of substitution and its geometric applications,” International Electronic Journal of Geometry, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 67–78, 2012.
- B.-Y. Chen and G. E. V. Vîlcu, “Geometric classifications of homogeneous production functions,” submitted.