- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 746781, 9 pages
Multi Objective Optimization of Coordinated Scheduling of Cranes and Vehicles at Container Terminals
1Department of Industrial Engineering, Lenjan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Zarinshahr, Esfahan 84741, Iran
2Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, UPM Serdang, 43400 Selangor, Malaysia
Received 20 March 2013; Revised 28 May 2013; Accepted 1 June 2013
Academic Editor: Wen-Jer Chang
Copyright © 2013 Seyed Mahdi Homayouni and Sai Hong Tang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Imai, E. Nishimura, and S. Papadimitriou, “Marine container terminal configurations for efficient handling of mega-containerships,” Transportation Research Part E, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 141–158, 2013.
- Europe Container Terminal, “ECT delta terminal,” 2013, http://www.ect.nl/en/content/ect-delta-terminal.
- K. H. Kim and Y.-M. Park, “A crane scheduling method for port container terminals,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 156, no. 3, pp. 752–768, 2004.
- R. Stahlbock and S. Voß, “Operations research at container terminals: a literature update,” OR Spectrum, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 1–52, 2008.
- P. J. M. Meersmans and A. P. M. Wagelmans, “Effective algorithms for integrated scheduling of handling equipment at automated container terminals,” Tech. Rep., Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 2001.
- H. Y. K. Lau and Y. Zhao, “Integrated scheduling of handling equipment at automated container terminals,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 665–682, 2008.
- D.-H. Lee, J. X. Cao, and Q. X. Shi, “Integrated Quay crane and yard truck schedule for inbound containers,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM '08), pp. 1219–1223, December 2008.
- J. Liu, Y.-W. Wan, and L. Wang, “Quay crane scheduling at container terminals to minimize the maximum relative tardiness of vessel departures,” Naval Research Logistics, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 60–74, 2006.
- L. Qiu, W.-J. Hsu, S.-Y. Huang, and H. Wang, “Scheduling and routing algorithms for AGVs: a survey,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 745–760, 2002.
- B. S. P. Reddy and C. S. P. Rao, “A hybrid multi-objective GA for simultaneous scheduling of machines and AGVs in FMS,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 31, no. 5-6, pp. 602–613, 2006.
- L. Chen, N. Bostel, P. Dejax, J. Cai, and L. Xi, “A tabu search algorithm for the integrated scheduling problem of container handling systems in a maritime terminal,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 181, no. 1, pp. 40–58, 2007.
- Q. Zeng and Z. Yang, “Integrating simulation and optimization to schedule loading operations in container terminals,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1935–1944, 2009.
- M. Grunow, H.-O. Günther, and M. Lehmann, “Strategies for dispatching AGVs at automated seaport container terminals,” in Container Terminals and Cargo Systems, K. H. Kim and H.-O. Günther, Eds., pp. 155–178, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2007.
- V. D. Nguyen and K. H. Kim, “A dispatching method for automated lifting vehicles in automated port container terminals,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 1002–1020, 2009.
- J. Cao, Q. Shi, and D.-H. Lee, “Integrated quay crane and yard truck schedule problem in container terminals,” Tsinghua Science and Technology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 467–474, 2010.
- J. Zhao and L. Tang, “The simultaneous quay crane and truck scheduling problem in container terminals,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation (ICICTA '11), pp. 279–282, March 2011.
- S. M. Homayouni, S. H. Tang, N. Ismail, and M. K. A. Ariffin, “Using simulated annealing algorithm for optimization of quay cranes and automated guided vehicles scheduling,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 6, no. 27, pp. 6286–6294, 2011.
- B. Skinner, S. Yuan, S. Huang et al., “Optimisation for job scheduling at automated container terminals using genetic algorithm,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 511–523, 2013.
- L. Chen, A. Langevin, and Z. Lu, “Integrated scheduling of crane handling and truck transportation in a maritime container terminal,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 225, no. 1, pp. 142–152, 2013.
- S. N. Sivanandam and S. N. Deepa, Introduction to Genetic Algorithms, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- G. B. Alvarenga and G. R. Mateus, “Hierarchical tournament selection genetic algorithm for the vehicle routing problem with time windows,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS '04), M. Geraldo Robsonn, Ed., pp. 410–415, Kitakyushu, Japan, December 2004.