- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 750896, 7 pages
Development of a Refined Rollover Model That Recognizes the Effects of Suspension and Tire Deformation
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310027, China
Received 13 November 2012; Accepted 15 December 2012
Academic Editor: Tsung-Chih Lin
Copyright © 2013 Xiaowen Song et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, “An analysis of motor vehicle rollover crashes and injury outcomes,” DOT HS 810 741, 2007.
- A. Hac, “Rollover stability index including effects of suspension design,” SAE Paper 2002-01-0965, 2002.
- N. Bouton, R. Lenain, B. Thuilot, and J. C. Fauroux, “A rollover indicator based on the prediction of the load transfer in presence of sliding: application to an all terrain vehicle,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '07), pp. 1158–1163, Roma, Italy, April 2007.
- K. Yi, J. Yoon, and D. Kim, “Model-based estimation of vehicle roll state for detection of impending vehicle rollover,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '07), pp. 1624–1629, New York, NY, USA, July 2007.
- Seongjin Yim, “Design of a preview controller for vehicle rollover prevention,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 4217–4226, 2011.
- R. Mathieu, L. Roland, T. Benoit, and D. Christophe, “On-line estimation of a stability metric including grip conditions and slope: application to rollover prevention for All-Terrain Vehicles,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '11), pp. 4569–4574, 2011.
- B.-C. Chen and H. Peng, “Differential-braking-based rollover prevention for sport utility vehicles with human-in-the-loop evaluations,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 36, no. 4-5, pp. 359–389, 2001.
- S. B. Lu, S. B. Choi, Y. N. Li, M. S. Seong, and J. S. Han, “Global integrated control of vehicle suspension and chassis key subsystems,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers D, vol. 224, no. 4, pp. 423–441, 2010.
- S. Solmaz, M. Corless, and R. Shorten, “A methodology for the design of robust rollover prevention controllers for automotive vehicles: part 1-differential braking,” in Proceedings of the 45th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control 2006 (CDC '06), pp. 1739–1744, San Diego, Calif, USA, December 2006.
- V. Cherian, R. Shenoy, and T. D. Gillespie, “Model-Based Design of a SUV anti-rollover control system,” SAE Paper 2008-01-0579, 2008.
- V. Tsourapas, D. Piyabongkarn, A. C. Williams, and R. Rajamani, “New method of identifying real-time predictive lateral load transfer ratio for rollover prevention systems,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '09), pp. 439–444, St. Louis, Mo, USA, June 2009.
- H. Peiman, “Fuzzy logic controller designing of an active roll control system for medium and large size vehicles,” Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 110–116, pp. 4845–4855, 2012.
- H. Peiman, “Fuzzy logic controller designing of an active roll control system for medium and large size vehicles,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (ICMAE '11), July 2011.
- J. Garrick Forkenbrock, W. Riley Garrott, M. Mark Heitz, and B. C. O’Harra, “An experimental examination of J-Turn and Fishhook manenvers that may induce on-road, untripped, light vehicle rollover,” SAE Paper 2003-01-1008, 2003.
- R. C. Lin, D. Cebon, and D. J. Cole, “Active roll control of articulated vehicles,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 17–43, 1996.
- D. Thomas Gillespie, Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics, SAE International, 1992.