- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 760939, 17 pages
Vibrations due to Flow-Driven Repeated Impacts
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ottawa, 161 Louis Pasteur, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1N 6N5
Received 15 March 2013; Accepted 21 May 2013
Academic Editor: Jia-Jang Wu
Copyright © 2013 Sumin Jeong and Natalie Baddour. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Dempsey, “Research trends in ice mechanics,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 37, no. 1-2, pp. 131–153, 2000.
- K. A. Blenkarn, “Measurement and analysis of ice forces on cook inlet structures,” in Proceedings of the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC '70), pp. 365–378, 1970.
- Y. Toyama, T. Sensu, M. Minami, and N. Yashima, “Model tests on ice-induced self-excited vibration of cylindrical structures,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions, vol. 2, pp. 834–844, 1983.
- M. Ranta and R. Räty, “On the analytic solution of ice-induced vibrations in a marine pile structure,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions, vol. 2, pp. 901–908, 1983.
- A. Barker, G. Timco, H. Gravesen, and P. Vølund, “Ice loading on Danish wind turbines—part 1: dynamic model tests,” Cold Regions Science and Technology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 1–23, 2005.
- D. S. Sodhi, “Ice-induced vibrations of structures,” Special Report 89-5, International Association for Hydraulic Research Working Group on Ice Forces, 1989.
- D. S. Sodhi and C. E. Morris, “Characteristic frequency of force variations in continuous crushing of sheet ice against rigid cylindrical structures,” Cold Regions Science and Technology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 1986.
- D. S. Sodhi, C. E. Morris, and G. F. N. Cox, “Dynamic analysis of failure modes on ice sheets encountering sloping structures,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, vol. 4, pp. 281–284, 1987.
- H. R. Peyton, “Sea ice forces,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Ice Pressure against Structures, 1966.
- C. R. Neill, “Dynamic ice forces on piers and piles. an assessment of design guidelines in the light of recent research,” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 305–341, 1976.
- G. Matlock, W. Dawkins, and J. Panak, “Analytical model for ice-structure interaction,” Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, pp. 1083–11092, 1971.
- M. M. Määttänen, “Ice-induced vibrations of structures self-excitation,” Special Report 89-5, International Association for Hydraulic Research Working Group on Ice Forces, 1989.
- M. M. Määttänen, “Numerical simulation of ice-induced vibrations in offshore structures,” in Proceedings of the 14th Nordic Seminar on Computational Mechanics, 2001, Keynote lecture.
- J. Xu and L. Wang, “Ice force oscillator model and its numerical solutions,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Offshore Machanics and Arctic Engineering, pp. 171–176, 1988.
- G. Tsinker, Marine Structures Engineering, Chapman-Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1st edition, 1995.
- G. Huang and P. Liu, “A dynamic model for ice-induced vibration of structures,” Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, vol. 131, no. 1, Article ID 011501, 6 pages, 2009.
- R. Frederking and J. Schwarz, “Model tests of ice forces on fixed and oscillating cones,” Cold Regions Science and Technology, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 61–72, 1982.
- K. Hirayama and I. Obara, “Ice forces on inclined structures,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, pp. 515–520, 1986.
- Q. Yue and X. Bi, “Full-scale test and analysis of dynamic interaction between ice sheet and conical structure,” in Proceedings of the 14th International Association for Hydraulic Research (IAHR) Symposium on Ice, vol. 2, 1998.
- Q. Yue and X. Bi, “Ice-induced jacket structure vibrations in Bohai Sea,” Journal of Cold Regions Engineering, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 81–92, 2000.
- Y. Qu, Q. Yue, X. Bi, and T. Kärnä, “A random ice force model for narrow conical structures,” Cold Regions Science and Technology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 148–157, 2006.
- X. Liu, G. Li, R. Oberlies, and Q. Yue, “Research on short-term dynamic ice cases for dynamic analysis of ice-resistant jacket platform in the Bohai Gulf,” Marine Structures, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 457–479, 2009.
- X. Liu, G. Li, Q. Yue, and R. Oberlies, “Acceleration-oriented design optimization of ice-resistant jacket platforms in the Bohai Gulf,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 36, no. 17-18, pp. 1295–1302, 2009.
- B. Munson, D. Young, and T. Okiishi, Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics, John Wiley & Sons, Ames, Iowa, USA, 4th edition, 2002.
- S. Salapaka, M. V. Salapaka, M. Dahleh, and I. Mezic, “Complex dynamics in repeated impact oscillators,” in Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '98), pp. 2053–2058, December 1998.
- A. Bedford and W. Fowler, Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics, Addison Wesley Longman, Inc., Menlo Park, Calif, USA, 2nd edition, 1999.
- T. Kärnä and R. Turunen, “Dynamic response of narrow structures to ice crushing,” Cold Regions Science and Technology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 173–187, 1989.
- E. Eranti, F. D. Hayes, M. M. Määttänen, and T. T. Soong, “Dynamic ice-structure interaction analysis for narrow vertical structures,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions, vol. 1, pp. 472–479, 1981.
- L. Y. Shih, “Analysis of ice-induced vibrations on a flexible structure,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 15, no. 11-12, pp. 632–638, 1991.
- T. K. Kärnä, “Steady-state vibrations of offshore structures,” Hydrotechnical Construction, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 446–453, 1994.
- C. W. de Silva, Vibration: Fundamentals and Practice, CRC Press LLC, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1st edition, 1999.
- H. J. Weaver, Applications of Discrete and Continuous Fourier Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1st edition, 1983.