- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 828615, 16 pages
A Nonoverlapping Domain Decomposition Method for an Exterior Anisotropic Quasilinear Elliptic Problem in Elongated Domains
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for NSLSCS, School of Mathematical Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210023, China
Received 2 September 2012; Accepted 17 December 2012
Academic Editor: Yong-Kui Chang
Copyright © 2013 Baoqing Liu and Qikui Du. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Ben-Porat and D. Givoli, “Solution of unbounded domain problems using elliptic artificial boundaries,” Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 735–741, 1995.
- Y. Boubendir, X. Antoine, and C. Geuzaine, “A quasi-optimal non-overlapping domain decomposition algorithm for the Helmholtz equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 231, no. 2, pp. 262–280, 2012.
- Q. Y. Hu, S. Shu, and J. Wang, “Nonoverlapping domain decomposition methods with a simple coarse space for elliptic problems,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 79, no. 272, pp. 2059–2078, 2010.
- A. Siahaan, C. H. Lai, and K. Pericleous, “A nonoverlapping domain decomposition method for nonlinear physical processes,” Proceedings in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 7, pp. 2140003–2140004, 2007.
- Q. Du and D. Yu, “A domain decomposition method based on natural boundary reduction for nonlinear time-dependent exterior wave problems,” Computing, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 111–129, 2002.
- D.-H. Yu, Natural Boundary Integral Method and its Applications, vol. 539 of Mathematics and its Applications, Science Press & Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2002.
- M. Yang and Q. Du, “A Schwarz alternating algorithm for elliptic boundary value problems in an infinite domain with a concave angle,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 199–220, 2004.
- D. H. Yu, “Domain decomposition method for unbounded domains,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Domain Decomposition Methods, pp. 125–132, Beijing, China, 1997.
- Q. K. Du and D. H. Yu, “Domain decomposition methods based on natural boundary reduction for wave equation,” Chinese Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 18, pp. 417–422, 2001.
- Q. Du and M. Zhang, “A non-overlapping domain decomposition algorithm based on the natural boundary reduction for wave equations in an unbounded domain,” Numerical Mathematics, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 121–132, 2004.
- H. Han, Z. Huang, and D. Yin, “Exact artificial boundary conditions for quasilinear elliptic equations in unbounded domains,” Communications in Mathematical Sciences, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 71–83, 2008.
- I. Hlaváček, M. Křížek, and J. Malý, “On Galerkin approximations of a quasilinear nonpotential elliptic problem of a nonmonotone type,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 184, no. 1, pp. 168–189, 1994.
- I. Hlaváček, “A note on the Neumann problem for a quasilinear elliptic problem of a nonmonotone type,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 365–369, 1997.
- D. Liu and D. Yu, “A FEM-BEM formulation for an exterior quasilinear elliptic problem in the plane,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 378–389, 2008.
- S. Meddahi, M. González, and P. Pérez, “On a FEM-BEM formulation for an exterior quasilinear problem in the plane,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1820–1837, 2000.
- D. N. Arnold, P. G. Ciarlet, and P. L. Lions, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Their Applications, North-Holland, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- J. B. Keller and M. J. Grote, “Exact non-reflecting boundary conditions,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 82, pp. 172–192, 1989.
- J. M. Wu and D. H. Yu, “The natural boundary element method for an exterior elliptic domain,” Mathematica Numerica Sinica, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 355–368, 2000 (Chinese).
- G. N. Gatica, G. C. Hsiao, and M. E. Mellado, “A domain decomposition method based on BEM and FEM for linear exterior boundary value problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 262, no. 1, pp. 70–86, 2001.
- D. B. Ingham and M. A. Kelmanson, Boundary Integral Equation Analyses of Singular, Potential, and Biharmonic Problems, vol. 7 of Lecture Notes in Engineering, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1984.
- V. Girault and P.-A. Raviart, Finite Element Methods for Navier-Stokes Equations, Theory and Algorithms, vol. 5 of Springer Series in Computational Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1986.