- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 864950, 14 pages
A New Constellation Configuration Scheme for Communicating Architecture in Cislunar Space
1Department of Aerospace Engineering, School of Astronautics, Beihang University, Beijing 100191, China
2R. & D. Center, DFH Satellite Co., Ltd., Beijing 100094, China
Received 29 August 2012; Revised 2 December 2012; Accepted 10 December 2012
Academic Editor: Xing-Gang Yan
Copyright © 2013 Ming Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. R. Wertz and J. W. Larson, Space Mission Analysis and Design, Microcosm Press and Kluwer Academic, Boston, Mass, USA, 3rd edition, 1999.
- J. G. Walker, “Some circular orbit patterns providing continuous whole earth coverage,” Journal of British Interplanetary Society, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 369–384, 1971.
- A. H. Ballard, “Rosette constellations of earth satellites,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 656–673, 1980.
- R. Farquhar, “Lunar communications with libration-point satellites,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 1383–1384, 1967.
- R. Farquhar, “The utilization of Halo orbits in advanced lunar operations,” Rept. TND-365, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md, USA, 1971.
- N. Chow, E. Gralla, J. Chase, and N. J. Kasdin, “Low earth orbit constellation design using the earth-moon L2 point,” Advances in the Astronautical Sciences, vol. 119, pp. 2277–2294, 2005.
- D. Grebow, Generating periodic orbits in the circular restricted three-body problem with applications to lunar South Pole coverage [M.S. thesis], Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind, USA, 2006.
- K. Bhasin and J. L. Hayden, “Developing architectures and technologies for an evolvable NASA space communication infrastructure,” in Proceedings of the 22nd AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems Conference and Exhibit, pp. 1180–1191, Monterey, Calif, USA, May 2004.
- T. R. Kulkarni, A. Dharne, and D. Mortari, “Communication architecture and technologies for missions to moon, mars, and beyond,” in Proceedings of the 1st Space Exploration Conference: Continuing the Voyage of Discovery, pp. 1210–1217, Orlando, Fla, USA, February 2005.
- S. Lee, J. H. Kim, and S. P. Lee, “Communications satellite system by two trojan and one equilibrium orbit satellites of the earth-moon system,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Symposium on Space Flight Dynamics, Moscow, Russia, June 2003.
- S. Lee, J. H. Kim, and S. P. Lee, “Communications satellite system by using moon orbit satellite constellation,” Journal of Astronautical Space Science, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 313–318, 2003.
- D. J. Grebow, M. T. Ozimek, K. C. Howell, and D. C. Folta, “Multibody orbit architectures for lunar south pole coverage,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 344–358, 2008.
- M. Xu and S. Xu, “J2 invariant relative orbits via differential correction algorithm,” Acta Mechanica Sinica, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 585–595, 2007.
- M. Xu, Y. Wang, and S. Xu, “On the existence of J2 invariant relative orbits from the dynamical system point of view,” Celestial Mechanics & Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 112, no. 4, pp. 427–444, 2012.
- M. Xu and S. Xu, “Nonlinear dynamical analysis for displaced orbits above a planet,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 327–353, 2008.
- M. Xu, Spacecraft orbital dynamics and control based on libration point theories [Ph.D dissertation], Beihang University, Beijing, China, 2008.
- D. L. Richardson, “Analytic construction of periodic orbits about the collinear points,” Celestial Mechanics, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 241–253, 1980.
- M. Popescu and V. Cardoş, “The domain of initial conditions for the class of three-dimensional Halo periodical orbits,” Acta Astronautica, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 193–196, 1995.
- D. Folta and F. Vaughn, “A survey of earth-moon libration orbits: stationkeeping strategies and intra-orbit transfers,” in AIAA/AAS Astrodynamics Specialist Conference, pp. 87–106, Providence, RI, USA, August 2004, AIAA 2004-4741.
- M. Xu and S. Xu, “Study on stationkeeping for Halo orbits at EL1: dynamics modeling and controller designing,” Transactions of the Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 274–285, 2012.
- G. Gómez, K. C. Howell, J. Masdemont, and C. Simo, “Station-keeping strategies for translunar libration point orbits,” Advances in the Astronautical Sciences, vol. 99, no. 2, pp. 949–969, 1998.
- M. Xu and S. Xu, “Trajectory and correction maneuver during the transfer from Earth to Halo orbit,” Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 200–206, 2008.
- M. Xu, T. Tan, and S. Xu, “Stochastic optimal maneuver strategies for transfer trajectories,” Journal of Aerospace Engineering. In press.
- G. Gómez, A. Jorba, C. Simó, and J. Masdemont, Dynamics and Mission Design Near Libration Points.Vol. IV Advanced Methods for Triangular Libration Points, vol. 5 of World Scientific Monograph Series in Mathematics, World Scientific, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2001.
- M. Xu, T. Tan, and S. Xu, “Research on the transfers to Halo orbits from the view of invariant manifolds,” Science China Physics, Mechanics and Astronomy, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 671–683, 2012.
- W. S. Koon, M. W. Lo, J. E. Marsden, and S. D. Ross, “Low energy transfer to the Moon,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 81, no. 1-2, pp. 63–73, 2001.
- E. A. Belbruno and J. K. Miller, “Sun-perturbed earth-to-moon transfers with ballistic capture,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 770–775, 1993.