- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 914653, 15 pages
Design, Dynamics, and Workspace of a Hybrid-Driven-Based Cable Parallel Manipulator
1School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou, Jiangsu 221116, China
2Chair of Mechanics and Robotics, University of Duisburg-Essen, 47057 Duisburg, Germany
3G-SCOP Laboratory, Grenoble-INP/UJF-Grenoble 1/CNRS, 46 Avenue Félix Viallet, 38031 Grenoble Cedex 1, France
Received 8 September 2012; Revised 9 December 2012; Accepted 27 December 2012
Academic Editor: G. Rega
Copyright © 2013 Bin Zi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Zi, Z. C. Zhu, and J. L. Du, “Analysis and control of the cable-supporting system including actuator dynamics,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 491–501, 2011.
- W. B. Lim, G. Yang, S. H. Yeo, and S. K. Mustafa, “A generic force-closure analysis algorithm for cable-driven parallel manipulators,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 1265–1275, 2011.
- S. R. Oh and S. K. Agrawal, “A reference governor-based controller for a cable robot under input constraints,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 639–645, 2005.
- A. Alikhani, S. Behzadipour, A. Alasty, and S. A. S. Vanini, “Design of a large-scale cable-driven robot with translational motion,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 357–366, 2011.
- A. D. Dimarogonas, Machine Design: A CAD Approach, John Wiley & Sons, New York , NY, USA, 2001.
- N. Zrnic, K. Hoffmann, and S. Bosnjak, “A note on the history of handling in ports: from ancient to medieval cranes,” in Proceedings of the 12th IFToMM World Congress, Besancon, France, 2007.
- T. G. Chondros, “Archimedes life works and machines,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 1766–1775, 2010.
- B. Y. Duan, Y. Y. Qiu, F. S. Zhang, and B. Zi, “On design and experiment of the feed cable-suspended structure for super antenna,” Mechatronics, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 503–509, 2009.
- M. H. Korayem and M. Bamdad, “Dynamic load-carrying capacity of cable-suspended parallel manipulators,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 44, no. 7-8, pp. 829–840, 2009.
- S. Lahouar, E. Ottaviano, S. Zeghoul, L. Romdhane, and M. Ceccarelli, “Collision free path-planning for cable-driven parallel robots,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 1083–1093, 2009.
- C. M. Gosselin and G. Barrette, “Kinematic analysis of planar parallel mechanisms actuated with cables,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on Mechanisms, Machines and Mechatronics, Quebec, Canada, 2001.
- E. Ottaviano, M. Ceccarelli, A. Paone, and G. Carbone, “A low-cost easy operation 4-cable driven parallel manipulator,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '05), pp. 4008–4013, Barcellona, Spain, April 2005.
- T. Heyden and C. Woernle, “Dynamics and flatness-based control of a kinematically undetermined cable suspension manipulator,” Multibody System Dynamics, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 155–177, 2006.
- O. Baser and E. I. Konukseven, “Theoretical and experimental determination of capstan drive slip error,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 815–827, 2010.
- Y. Li and Q. Xu, “Kinematic analysis and design of a new 3-DOF translational parallel manipulator,” Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 128, no. 4, pp. 729–737, 2006.
- S. Bouchard and C. M. Gosselin, “Workspace optimization of a very large cable-driven parallel mechanism for a radiotelescope application,” in Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, pp. 963–970, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, September 2007.
- R. Yao, X. Tang, J. Wang, and P. Huang, “Dimensional optimization design of the four-cable-driven parallel manipulator in fast,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 932–941, 2010.
- K. Kozak, Q. Zhou, and J. Wang, “Static analysis of cable-driven manipulators with non-negligible cable mass,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 425–433, 2006.
- P. H. Borgstrom, N. P. Borgstrom, M. J. Stealey et al., “Design and implementation of NIMS3D, a 3-D cabled robot for actuated sensing applications,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 325–339, 2009.
- L. Cheng, Y. Lin, Z.-G. Hou, M. Tan, J. Huang, and W. J. Zhang, “Adaptive tracking control of hybrid machines: a Closed-Chain Five-Bar Mechanism Case,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 99, pp. 1–9, 2010.
- P. R. Ouyang, Q. Li, W. J. Zhang, and L. S. Guo, “Design, modeling and control of a hybrid machine system,” Mechatronics, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1197–1217, 2004.
- B. Zi, J. B. Cao, and Z. C. Zhu, “Dynamic simulation of hybrid-driven planar five-bar parallel mechanism based on Simmechanics and tracking control,” International Journal of Advanced Robotic System, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 28–33, 2011.
- B. Zi, X. Wu, J. Lin, and Z. C. Zhu, “Inverse kinematics and singularity analysis for a 3-DOF hybrid-driven cable-suspended parallel robot,” International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, vol. 9, no. 133, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- C. M. Anupoju, C. Y. Su, and M. Oya, “Adaptive motion tracking control of uncertain nonholonomic mechanical systems including actuators dynamics,” IEE Proceedings-Control Theory and Applications, 152, no. 5, pp. 575–580, 2005.
- G. Castelli, E. Ottaviano, and M. Ceccarelli, “A fairly general algorithm to evaluate workspace characteristics of serial and parallel manipulators,” Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 14–33, 2008.
- C. B. Pham, S. H. Yeo, G. Yang, and I. M. Chen, “Workspace analysis of fully restrained cable-driven manipulators,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 901–912, 2009.
- O. Altuzarra, J. Aginaga, A. Hernández, and I. Zabalza, “Workspace analysis of positioning discontinuities due to clearances in parallel manipulators,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 577–592, 2011.
- J. Pusey, A. Fattah, S. Agrawal, and E. Messina, “Design and workspace analysis of a 6-6 cable-suspended parallel robot,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 761–778, 2004.