- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 943232, 4 pages
A Comparison between Adomian’s Polynomials and He’s Polynomials for Nonlinear Functional Equations
1Department of Mathematics, University of Mazandaran, P.O. Box 47416-95447, Babolsar, Iran
2International Institute for Symmetry Analysis and Mathematical Modelling, Department of Mathematical Sciences, North-West University, Mafikeng Campus, Mmabatho 2735, South Africa
Received 20 March 2013; Revised 11 May 2013; Accepted 2 June 2013
Academic Editor: Mufid Abudiab
Copyright © 2013 Hossein Jafari et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Öziş and A. Yıldırım, “Comparison between Adomian's method and He's homotopy perturbation method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 1216–1224, 2008.
- J.-L. Li, “Adomian's decomposition method and homotopy perturbation method in solving nonlinear equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 228, no. 1, pp. 168–173, 2009.
- A. Ghorbani, “Beyond Adomian polynomials: he polynomials,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 1486–1492, 2009.
- N. Bellomo and R. A. Monaco, “Comparison between Adomian’s decomposition methods and perturbation techniques for onlinear random differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 110, pp. 495–502, 1985.
- R. Rach, “On the Adomian (decomposition) method and comparisons with Picard's method,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 480–483, 1987.
- H. Sadat, “Equivalence between the Adomian decomposition method and a perturbation method,” Physica Scripta, vol. 82, no. 4, Article ID 045004, 2010.
- S. Liang and D. J. Jeffrey, “Comparison of homotopy analysis method and homotopy perturbation method through an evolution equation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 4057–4064, 2009.
- M. Sajid and T. Hayat, “Comparison of HAM and HPM methods in nonlinear heat conduction and convection equations,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 2296–2301, 2008.
- G. Adomian, Y. Cherruault, and K. Abbaoui, “A nonperturbative analytical solution of immune response with time-delays and possible generalization,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 89–96, 1996.
- K. Abbaoui and Y. Cherruault, “Convergence of Adomian's method applied to differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 103–109, 1994.
- J.-H. He, “Some asymptotic methods for strongly nonlinear equations,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1141–1199, 2006.
- J.-H. He, “A coupling method of a homotopy technique and a perturbation technique for non-linear problems,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2000.
- J.-H. He, “New interpretation of homotopy perturbation method,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 20, no. 18, pp. 2561–2568, 2006.
- S. J. Liao, “An approximate solution technique not depending on small parameters: a special example,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 371–380, 1995.
- A. H. Nayfeh, Introduction to Perturbation Techniques, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- H. Jafari and S. Momani, “Solving fractional diffusion and wave equations by modified homotopy perturbation method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 370, no. 5-6, pp. 388–396, 2007.
- H. Jafari, M. Alipour, and H. Tajadodi, “Convergence of homotopy perturbation method for solving integral equations,” Thai Journal of Mathematics, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 511–520, 2010.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- Y. Zhu, Q. Chang, and S. Wu, “A new algorithm for calculating Adomian polynomials,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 169, no. 1, pp. 402–416, 2005.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, Linear and Nonlinear Integral Equations: Methods and Applications, Springer, 1st edition, 2011.