- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 967358, 8 pages
A Neural Network Model for Driver’s Lane-Changing Trajectory Prediction in Urban Traffic Flow
1Department of Transportation Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
2Institut für Verkehrssystemtechnik, Deutsche Zentrum für Luft-und Raumfahrt, Lilienthalplatz 7, 38108 Braunschweig, Germany
Received 13 September 2012; Accepted 10 November 2012
Academic Editor: Huimin Niu
Copyright © 2013 Chenxi Ding et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. H. Wang, Q. Cao, K. Ikeuchi, and H. Bubb, “Reliability and safety analysis methodology for identification of drivers' erroneous actions,” International Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 873–881, 2010.
- P. Varaiya, “Smart cars on smart roads: problems of control,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 195–207, 1993.
- M. Peden, R. Scurfield, D. Sleet et al., World Report on Road Traffic Injury Prevention, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2004.
- S. E. Lee, E. C. B. Olsen, and W. W. Wienville, A Comprehensive Examination of Naturalistic Lane-Changes, Virginia Tech Transportation Institute I National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, Blacksburg, Va, USA, 2004.
- T. Kumagai, Y. Sakaguchi, M. Okuwa, et al., “Prediction of driving behavior through probabilistic inference,” in Proceedings of the International conference on Engineering Application of Neural Networks (EANN '03), pp. 117–123, Malaga, Spain.
- S. Tezuka, H. Soma, and K. Tanifuji, “A study of driver behavior inference model at time of lane change using Bayesian Networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT '06), pp. 2308–2313, Mumbai, India, December 2006.
- N. Kuge, T. Yamamura, and O. Shimoyama, A Driver Behavior Recognition Method Based on a Driver Model framework, SAE, Warrendale, Pa, USA, 1998.
- A. Sathyanarayana, P. Boyraz, and J. H. L. Hansen, “Driver behavior analysis and route recognition by hidden Markov models,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety (ICVES '08), pp. 276–281, Columbus, Ohio, USA, September 2008.
- A. Pentland and L. Andrew, “Modeling and prediction of human behavior,” Neural Computation, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 229–242, 1999.
- C. C. Macadam and G. E. Johnson, “Application of elementary neural networks and preview sensors for representing driver steering control behaviour,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 3–30, 1996.
- R. M. H. Cheng, J. W. Xiao, and S. LeQuoc, “Neuromorphic controller for AGV steering,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2057–2062, May 1992.
- R. S. Tomar, S. Verma, and G. S. Tomar, “Prediction of lane change trajectories through neural network,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN '10), pp. 249–253, Bhopal, India, November 2010.
- W. Wang, H. Guo, H. Bubb, and K. Ikeuchi, “Numerical simulation and analysis procedure for model-based digital driving dependability in intelligent transport system,” KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 891–898, 2011.
- W. Wang, X. Jiang, S. Xia, and Q. Cao, “Incident tree model and incident tree analysis method for quantified risk assessment: an in-depth accident study in traffic operation,” Safety Science, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 1248–1262, 2010.
- W. Wang, W. Zhang, H. Guo, H. Bubb, and K. Ikeuchi, “A safety-based approaching behavioural model with various driving characteristics,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1202–1214, 2011.
- W. H. Wang, C. X. Ding, G. D. Feng, and X. B. Jiang, “Simulation modelling of longitudinal safety spacing in inter-vehicles dynamics interactions,” Journal of Beijing Institute of Technology, vol. 19, supplement 2, pp. 55–60, 2010.
- A. H. H. A. Memar, P. Z. H. Bagher, and M. Keshmiri, “Mechanical design and motion planning of a modular reconfigurable robot,” in Proceedings of 11th International of Conference on Climbing and Walking Robots and the Support Technologies for Mo, pp. 1090–1097, 2008.
- T. Kohonen, “An introduction to neural computing,” Neural Networks, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–16, 1988.
- E. G. Tsionas, P. G. Michaelides, and A. T. Vouldis, “Global approximations to cost and production functions using artificial neural networks,” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 132–139, 2009.
- E. Zio, “Neural networks simulation of the transport of contaminants in groundwater,” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 267–276, 2009.
- Gowrishankar and P. S. Satyanarayana, “Neural network based traffic prediction for wireless data networks,” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 379–389, 2008.
- B. Yegnanarayana, Artificial Neural Networks, PHI, New Delhi, India, 2005.
- T. Kaya, E. Aktaş, I. Topçu, and B. Ülengin, “Modeling toothpaste brand choice: an empirical comparison of artificial neural networks and multinomial probit model,” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 674–687, 2010.
- M. R. K. Baumann, D. Rosier, and J. F. Krems, “Situation awareness and secondary task performance while driving,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Ergonomics (EPCE '07), vol. 4562 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 256–263, Beijing, China, 2007.