- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 973074, 7 pages
Decomposition of China’s Carbon Emissions Intensity from 1995 to 2010: An Extended Kaya Identity
Department of Economic Management, North China Electric Power University, No. 689 Huadian Road, Baoding 071003, China
Received 18 November 2013; Accepted 7 December 2013
Academic Editor: Tadeusz Kaczorek
Copyright © 2013 Wei Li and Qing-Xiang Ou. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Statistical Yearbook of the People's Republic of China, National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China, 2011, http://www.stats.gov.cn/tjsj/Ndsj/2011/indexch.htm.
- Y. Fan and Y. Xia, “Exploring energy consumption and demand in China,” Energy, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 23–30, 2012.
- “China accelerates energy efficiency goal,” Environmental Leader, 2011.
- Xinhua, “China prepares to end GDP obsession,” China Daily, 2011.
- B. W. Ang and F. Q. Zhang, “A survey of index decomposition analysis in energy and environmental studies,” Energy, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 1149–1176, 2000.
- B. W. Ang and F. L. Liu, “A new energy decomposition method: perfect in decomposition and consistent in aggregation,” Energy, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 537–548, 2001.
- B. W. Ang, F. L. Liu, and E. P. Chew, “Perfect decomposition techniques in energy and environmental analysis,” Energy Policy, vol. 31, no. 14, pp. 1561–1566, 2003.
- B. W. Ang, “Decomposition analysis for policymaking in energy: which is the preferred method?” Energy Policy, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1131–1139, 2004.
- B. W. Ang, “The LMDI approach to decomposition analysis: a practical guide,” Energy Policy, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 867–871, 2005.
- L. A. Greening, M. Ting, and W. B. Davis, “Decomposition of aggregate carbon intensity for freight: trends from 10 OECD countries for the period 1971–1993,” Energy Economics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 331–361, 1999.
- G. P. Peters and E. G. Hertwich, “CO2 embodied in international trade with implications for global climate policy,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1401–1407, 2008.
- R. Pani and U. Mukhopadhyay, “Identifying the major players behind increasing global carbon dioxide emissions: a decomposition analysis,” Environmentalist, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 183–205, 2010.
- L. A. Greening, M. Ting, and T. J. Krackler, “Effects of changes in residential end-uses and behavior on aggregate carbon intensity: comparison of 10 OECD countries for the period 1970 through 1993,” Energy Economics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 153–178, 2001.
- L. A. Greening, “Effects of human behavior on aggregate carbon intensity of personal transportation: comparison of 10 OECD countries for the period 1970–1993,” Energy Economics, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 1–30, 2004.
- S. C. Bhattacharyya and A. Ussanarassamee, “Decomposition of energy and CO2 intensities of Thai industry between 1981 and 2000,” Energy Economics, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 765–781, 2004.
- S. Paul and R. N. Bhattacharya, “CO2 emission from energy use in India: a decomposition analysis,” Energy Policy, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 585–593, 2004.
- T. H. Kwon, “Decomposition of factors determining the trend of CO2 emissions from car travel in Great Britain (1970–2000),” Ecological Economics, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 261–275, 2005.
- G. Ipek Tunç, S. Türüt-Aşik, and E. Akbostanci, “A decomposition analysis of CO2 emissions from energy use: Turkish case,” Energy Policy, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 4689–4699, 2009.
- I. Oh, W. Wehrmeyer, and Y. Mulugetta, “Decomposition analysis and mitigation strategies of CO2 emissions from energy consumption in South Korea,” Energy Policy, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 364–377, 2010.
- L. C. de Freitas and S. Kaneko, “Decomposition of CO2 emissions change from energy consumption in Brazil: challenges and policy implications,” Energy Policy, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 1495–1504, 2011.
- E. Hatzigeorgiou, H. Polatidis, and D. Haralambopoulos, “CO2 emissions in Greece for 1990–2002: a decomposition analysis and comparison of results using the arithmetic mean divisia index and logarithmic mean divisia index techniques,” Energy, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 492–499, 2008.
- T. O'Mahony, “Decomposition of Ireland’s carbon emissions from 1990 to 2010: an extended Kaya identity,” Energy Policy, vol. 59, pp. 573–581, 2013.
- D. Y. Song and Z. B. Lu, “The factor decomposition and periodic fluctuations of carbon emission in China,” China Population Resources and Environment, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 18–24, 2009 (Chinese).
- J. W. Sun, R. Q. Zhao, X. J. Huang, and Z. G. Chen, “Research on carbon emission estimation and factor decomposition of China from 1995 to 2005,” Journal of Natural Resources, vol. 25, pp. 1284–1295, 2010.
- Y. Zhang, J. Y. Zhang, Z. F. Yang, and S. S. Li, “Regional differences in the factors that influence China's energy-related carbon emissions, and potential mitigation strategies,” Energy Policy, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 7712–7718, 2011.
- S. S. Wang, D. Q. Zhou, P. Zhou, and Q. W. Wang, “CO2 emissions, energy consumption and economic growth in China: a panel data analysis,” Energy Policy, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 4870–4875, 2011.
- F. Wu, L. W. Fan, P. Zhou, and D. Q. Zhou, “Industrial energy efficiency with CO2 emissions in China: a nonparametric analysis,” Energy Policy, vol. 49, pp. 164–172, 2012.
- J. H. Xu, T. Fleiter, and W. Eichhammer, “Energy consumption and CO2 emissions in China’s cement industry: a perspective from LMDI decomposition analysis,” Energy Policy, vol. 50, pp. 821–832, 2012.
- M. Zhang, X. Liu, W. Wang, and M. Zhou, “Decomposition analysis of CO2 emissions from electricity generation in China,” Energy Policy, vol. 52, pp. 159–165, 2013.
- X. Zhao, N. Li, and C. Ma, “Residential energy consumption in urban China: a decomposition analysis,” Energy Policy, vol. 41, pp. 644–653, 2012.
- Y. Kaya, “Impact of carbon dioxide emission control on GNP growth: interpretation of proposed scenarios,” in Proceedings of the IPCC Energy and Industry Subgroup, Response Strategies Working Group, Paris, France, 1990.
- IPCC, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories, OECD, Paris, France, 1997.