- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 975170, 7 pages
Optimal Power Flow Using Adaptive Fuzzy Logic Controllers
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, King Abdulaziz University Jeddah, P.O. Box 80230, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
Received 27 December 2012; Accepted 13 January 2013
Academic Editor: Jian Li
Copyright © 2013 Abdullah M. Abusorrah. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Huneault and F. D. Galiana, “A survey of the optimal power flow literature,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 762–770, 1991.
- W. Dommel and F. Tinney, “Optimal power flow solutions,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. PAS-87, pp. 1866–11876, 1968.
- M. O. Mansour and T. M. Abdel-Rahman, “Non-linear var optimization using decomposition and coordination,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 246–255, 1984.
- M. Lebow, R. Rouhani, R. Nadira et al., “A hierarchical approach to reactive volt ampere (VAR) optimization system planning,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. PAS-104, no. 8, pp. 2051–2057, 1985.
- A. Bhattacharya and P. K. Chattopadhyay, “Biogeography-based optimization for solution of optimal power flow problem,” in Proceedings of the 7th Annual International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON '10), pp. 435–439, May 2010.
- D. I. Sun, B. Ashley, B. Brewer, A. Hughes, and W. F. Tinney, “Optimal power flow by Newton approach,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. PER-4, no. 10, pp. 2864–2880, 1984.
- S. M. Shahidehpour and N. I. Deeb, “An Overview of the reactive power allocation in electric power systems,” Electric Machines and Power Systems, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 495–518, 1990.
- A. E. Hammad, “Comparing the voltage control capabilities of present and future VAr compensating techniques in transmission systems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 475–481, 1996.
- K. R. Padiyar, FACTS Controllers in Power Transmission and Distribution, New Age International Pvt Ltd Publishers, New Delhi, India, 1st edition, 2007.
- B. Mahdad, K. Srairi, and T. Bouktir, “Optimal power flow for large-scale power system with shunt FACTS using efficient parallel GA,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 507–517, 2010.
- E. W. Kimbark, “Improvement of system stability by switched series capacitors,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems Apparatus and Systems, vol. PAS-5, no. 2, pp. 180–188, 1986.
- L. Gyugi, C. D. Schauder, S. L. Williams, T. R. Rietman, D. R. Torgerson, and A. Edris, “The Unified power flow controller: a new approach to power transmission control,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 1085–1093, 1995.
- G. Rogers, Power System Oscillations, Kluwer, 2000.
- C. D. Schauder, L. Gyugyi, M. R. Lund et al., “Operation of unified power flow controller (UPFC) under practical constraints,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 630–637, 1998.
- N. G. Hingorani and L. Gyugyi, Understanding FACTS: Concepts and Technology of Flexible AC Transmission System, IEEE Press, 2000.
- R. M. Mathur and R. K. Verma, Thyristor-Based FACTS Controllers For Electrical Transmission Systems, IEEE Press, 2002.
- A.-F. Attia, A. Yusuf Al-Turki, and F. Hussein Soliman, “Genetic algorithm-based fuzzy controller for improving the dynamic performance of self-excited induction generator,” Arabian Journal For Science and Engineering, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 665–682, 2012.
- A. Yusuf Al-Turki, A.-F. Attia, and H. F. Soliman, “Optimization of fuzzy logic controller for supervisory power system stabilizers,” Acta Polytechnica, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 7–16, 2012.
- A. F. Attia, E. Mahmoud, H. I. Shahin, and A. M. Osman, “A modified genetic algorithm for precise determination the geometrical orbital elements of binary stars,” New Astronomy, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 285–293, 2009.