- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 975953, 9 pages
A Bayesian Classifier Learning Algorithm Based on Optimization Model
Department of Mathematics, Xidian University, Xi'an 710071, China
Received 6 September 2012; Accepted 10 December 2012
Academic Editor: Cesar Cruz-Hernandez
Copyright © 2013 Sanyang Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Cai, S. Sun, S. Si, and B. Yannou, “Identifying product failure rate based on a conditional Bayesian network classifier,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 5036–5043, 2011.
- D. C. Kim, X. Wang, C. R. Yang, and J. Gao, “Learning biological network using mutual information and conditional independence,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 11, no. 3, article S9, 2010.
- N. C. Hsieh and L. P. Hung, “A data driven ensemble classifier for credit scoring analysis,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 534–545, 2010.
- S. Mukherjee and N. Sharma, “Intrusion detection using naive Bayes classifier with feature reduction,” Procedia Technology, vol. 4, pp. 119–128, 2012.
- Y. Sun, Y. Y. Tang, S. X. Ding, S. P. Lv, and Y. F. Cui, “Diagnose the mild cognitive impairment by constructing Bayesian network with missing data,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 442–449, 2011.
- V. Aquaro, M. Bardoscia, R. Bellotti, A. Consiglio, F. de Carlo, and G. Ferri, “A Bayesian networks approach to operational risk,” Physica A, vol. 389, no. 8, pp. 1721–1728, 2010.
- S. Nikolajewa, R. Pudimat, M. Hiller, M. Platzer, and R. Backofen, “BioBayesNet: a web server for feature extraction and Bayesian network modeling of biological sequence data,” Nucleic acids research, vol. 35, pp. W688–693, 2007.
- I. Ben-Gal, A. Shani, A. Gohr et al., “Identification of transcription factor binding sites with variable-order Bayesian networks,” Bioinformatics, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 2657–2666, 2005.
- N. Friedman, D. Geiger, and M. Goldszmidt, “Bayesian network classifiers,” Machine Learning, vol. 29, no. 2-3, pp. 131–163, 1997.
- P. Langley, W. Iba, and K. Thompson, “An analysis of Bayesian classifiers,” in Proceedings of the 10th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, P. Rosenbloom and P. Szolovits, Eds., pp. 223–228, AAAI Press, Menlo Park, Calif, USA, 1992.
- M. Minsky, “Steps toward artificial intelligence,” Proceedings of the Institute of Radio Engineers, vol. 49, pp. 8–30, 1961.
- L. Jiang, H. Zhang, and Z. Cai, “A novel bayes model: hidden naive bayes,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1361–1371, 2009.
- A. A. Balamurugan, R. Rajaram, S. Pramala, S. Rajalakshmi, C. Jeyendran, and J. Dinesh Surya Prakash, “NB+: an improved Naive Bayesian algorithm,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 563–569, 2011.
- L. Jiang, Z. Cai, D. Wang, and H. Zhang, “Improving tree augmented naive Bayes for class probability estimation,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 26, pp. 239–245, 2012.
- J. Cheng and R. Greiner, “Comparing Bayesian network classifiers,” in Proceedings of the 15th Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, K. B. Laskey and H. Prade, Eds., pp. 101–108, Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1999.
- M. G. Madden, “On the classification performance of TAN and general Bayesian networks,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 489–495, 2009.
- J. Pearl, Probabilistic Reasoning in Intelligent Systems, Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1988.
- D. M. Chickering, “Learning Bayesian networks is NP-Complete,” in Learning From Data: Artificial Intelligence and Statistics V, D. Fisher and H. Lenz, Eds., pp. 121–130, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- C. Borgelt, “A conditional independence algorithm for learning undirected graphical models,” Journal of Computer and System Sciences, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 21–33, 2010.
- A. M. Martínez-Rodríguez, J. H. May, and L. G. Vargas, “An optimization-based approach for the design of Bayesian networks,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 48, no. 7-8, pp. 1265–1278, 2008.
- L. M. de Campos, “A scoring function for learning Bayesian networks based on mutual information and conditional independence tests,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 7, pp. 2149–2187, 2006.
- X. W. Chen, G. Anantha, and X. T. Lin, “Improving bayesian network structure learning with mutual information-based node ordering in the K2 algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 628–640, 2008.
- W. J. Conover, Practical Nonparametric Statistics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- S. Kullback, Information Theory and Statistics, Dover, 1968.
- G. Chartrand and P. Zhang, Introduction to Graph Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- R. E. Neapolitan, Learning Bayesian Networks, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2004.
- D. M. Chickering and C. Meek, “On the incompatibility of faithfulness and monotone DAG faithfulness,” Artificial Intelligence, vol. 170, no. 8-9, pp. 653–666, 2006.
- A. Frank and A. Asuncion, UCI Machine Learning Repository, University of California, School of Information and Computer Science, Irvine, Calif, USA, 2010, http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/.
- K. P. Murphy, BaysNetToolbox For Matlab, 2007, https://code.google.com/p/bnt/.
- J. Demšar, “Statistical comparisons of classifiers over multiple data sets,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 7, pp. 1–30, 2006.