- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Modelling and Simulation in Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 934982, 15 pages
Implicit LES for Supersonic Microramp Vortex Generator: New Discoveries and New Mechanisms
Math Department, University of Texas at Arlington, 411 S. Nedderman Drive, Arlington, TX 76019-0408, USA
Received 6 October 2010; Accepted 12 January 2011
Academic Editor: Guan Yeoh
Copyright © 2011 Qin Li and Chaoqun Liu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Lin, “Review of research on low-profile vortex generators to control boundary-layer separation,” Progress in Aerospace Sciences, vol. 38, no. 4-5, pp. 389–420, 2002.
- P. R. Ashill, J. L. Fulker, and K. C. Hackett, “A review of recent developments in flow control,” Aeronautical Journal, vol. 109, no. 1095, pp. 205–232, 2005.
- B. H. Anderson, J. Tinapple, and L. Surber, “Optimal control of shock wave turbulent boundary layer interactions using micro-array actuation,” in Proceedings of the 3rd AIAA Flow Control Conference, pp. 880–893, San Francisco, Calif, USA, June 2006, AIAA paper 2006-3197.
- H. A. Holden and H. Babinsky, “Vortex generators near shock/ boundary layer interactions,” in Proceedings of the 42nd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, pp. 9975–9983, Reno, Nev, USA, January 2004, AIAA paper 2004-1242.
- H. Holden and H. Babinsky, “Effect of microvortex generators on separated normal shock/boundary layer interactions,” Journal of Aircraft, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 170–174, 2007.
- C. W. P. Ford and H. Babinsky, “Micro-ramp control for oblique shock wave / boundary layer interactions,” in Proceedings of the 37th AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference, pp. 972–985, Reno, Nev, USA, June 2007, AIAA paper 2007-4115.
- H. Babinsky, Y. Li, and C. W. P. Ford, “Microramp control of supersonic oblique shock-wave/boundary-layer interactions,” AIAA Journal, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 668–675, 2009.
- S. Ghosh, J. I. Choi, and J. R. Edwards, “Numerical simulations of effects of micro vortex generators using immersed-boundary methods,” AIAA Journal, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 92–103, 2010.
- S. Lee and E. Loth, “Supersonic boundary-layer interactions with various micro-vortex generator geometries,” in Proceedings of the 39th AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference, June 2009, AIAA paper 2009-3712.
- S. Lee, M. K. Goettke, E. Loth, J. Tinapple, and J. Benek, “Microramps upstream of an oblique-shock/boundary-layer interaction,” AIAA Journal, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 104–118, 2010.
- M. S. Loginov, N. A. Adams, and A. A. Zheltovodov, “Large-eddy simulation of shock-wave/turbulent-boundary-layer interaction,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 565, pp. 135–169, 2006.
- Q. Li and C. Liu, “Numerical investigations on the effects of the declining angle of the trailing-edge of MVG,” in Proceedings of the 48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Orlando, Fla, USA, 2010, AIAA 2010-714.
- F. Lu, A. Pierce, and Y. Shih, “Experimental study of near wake of micro vortex generators in supersonic flow,” AIAA paper 2010-4623.
- G. S. Jiang and C. W. Shu, “Efficient implementation of weighted ENO schemes,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 126, no. 1, pp. 202–228, 1996.
- C. Liu and L. Chen, “Study of mechanism of ring-like vortex formation in late flow transition,” AIAA Paper 2010-1456.