- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Modelling and Simulation in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 171953, 10 pages
Buckling Analysis of Laminated Composite Panel with Elliptical Cutout Subject to Axial Compression
Mechanical Department, Islamic Azad University, Shahrood Branch, Shahrood, Iran
Received 21 April 2012; Revised 25 September 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jing-song Hong
Copyright © 2012 Hamidreza Allahbakhsh and Ali Dadrasi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Hosseinzadeh, M. M. Shokrieh, and L. Lessard, “Damage behavior of fiber reinforced composite plates subjected to drop weight impacts,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 61–68, 2006.
- M. Zor, F. Şen, and M. E. Toygar, “An investigation of square delamination effects on the buckling behavior of laminated composite plates with a square hole by using three-dimensional FEM analysis,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1119–1130, 2005.
- I. Shufrin, O. Rabinovitch, and M. Eisenberger, “Buckling of laminated plates with general boundary conditions under combined compression, tension, and shear-A semi-analytical solution,” Thin-Walled Structures, vol. 46, no. 7-9, pp. 925–938, 2008.
- H. Akbulut and O. Sayman, “An investigation on buckling of laminated plates with central square hole,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 20, no. 13, pp. 1112–1124, 2001.
- F. K. Chang and L. B. Lessard, “Damage tolerance of laminated composites containing an open hole and subjected to compressive loadings—part I: analysis,” Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 2–43, 1991.
- P. Jain and A. Kumar, “Postbuckling response of square laminates with a central circular/elliptical cutout,” Composite Structures, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 179–185, 2004.
- M. Yazici, “Influence of cut-out variables on buckling behavior of composite plates,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 28, no. 19, pp. 2325–2339, 2008.
- S. B. Singh and D. Kumar, “Postbuckling response and failure of symmetric laminated plates with rectangular cutouts under uniaxial compression,” Structural Engineering and Mechanics, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 455–467, 2008.
- C. W. Kong, C. S. Hong, and C. G. Kim, “Postbuckling strength of composite plate with a hole,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 20, pp. 466–481, 2001.
- S. A. M. Ghannadpour, A. Najafi, and B. Mohammadi, “On the buckling behavior of cross-ply laminated composite plates due to circular/elliptical cutouts,” Composite Structures, vol. 75, no. 1–4, pp. 3–6, 2006.
- Y. H. Kim and A. K. Noor, “Buckling and postbuckling of composite panels with cutouts subjected to combined loads,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 163–185, 1996.
- U. K. Mallela and A. Upadhyay, “Buckling of laminated composite stiffened panels subjected to in-plane shear: a parametric study,” Thin-Walled Structures, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 354–361, 2006.
- L. S. Kistler and A. M. Waas, “Experiment and analysis on the response of curved laminated composite panels subjected to low velocity impact,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 711–736, 1998.
- C. Zhang, L. B. Lessard, and J. A. Nemes, “A closed-form solution for stresses at curved free edges in composite laminates: a variational approach,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 57, no. 9-10, pp. 1341–1354, 1997.
- H. T. Hu and J. S. Yang, “Buckling optimization of laminated cylindrical panels subjected to axial compressive load,” Composite Structures, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 374–385, 2007.
- S. Dash, A. V. Asha, and S. K. Sahu, “stability of laminated composite curved panels with cutout using finite element method,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Theoretical, Applied Computational and Experimental Mechanics, Kharagpur, India, 2004.
- E. Gal, R. Levy, H. Abramovich, and P. Pavsner, “Buckling analysis of composite panels,” Composite Structures, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 179–185, 2006.
- G. M. Stanley, Continuum-based shell elements [Ph.D. dissertation], Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, 1985.
- A. Sabik and I. Kreja, “Stability analysis of multilayered composite shells with cut-outs,” Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 195–207, 2011.
- H. Ghiasi, D. Pasini, and L. Lessard, “Optimum stacking sequence design of composite materials—part I: constant stiffness design,” Composite Structures, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2009.
- H. Ghiasi, K. Fayazbakhsh, D. Pasini, and L. Lessard, “Optimum stacking sequence design of composite materials—part II: variable stiffness design,” Composite Structures, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2010.
- M. Shariati, H. R. Allahbakhsh, J. Saemi, and M. Sedighi, “Optimization of foam filled spot-welded column for the crashworthiness design,” Mechanika, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 10–16, 2010.
- H. R. Allahbakhsh, J. Saemi, and M. Hourali, “Design optimization of square aluminium damage columns with crashworthiness criteria,” Mechanika, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 187–192, 2011.