- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Modelling and Simulation in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 789563, 11 pages
CFD Prediction and Experimental Measurement of Blade Water Coverage in a Diesel Turbocharger
1School of Engineering, University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln LN6 7TS, UK
2Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, Kingston University, London SW15 3DW, UK
Received 14 April 2012; Revised 3 July 2012; Accepted 19 July 2012
Academic Editor: S. Taib
Copyright © 2012 Jun Yao and Yufeng Yao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Watson and M. S. Janota, Turbocharging the Internal Combustion Engine, Wiley/Macmillan, London, UK, 1982.
- A. Williams, Combustion of Sprays of Liquid Fuels, Elek Science, London, UK, 1976.
- J. P. Stalder and P. van Oosten, “Compressor washing maintains plant performance and reduces cost of energy production,” in Proceedings of the International Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Congress and Exposition, ASME paper 94-CT-436, June 1994.
- A. D. Mezheritsky and A. V. Sudarev, “Mechanism of fouling and the cleaning technique in application to flow parts of the power generation plant compressors,” in Proceedings of the International Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Congress and Exposition, ASME paper 90-GT-103, June 1990.
- H. Margolis, “U.S. Navy on-line compressor washing of marine gas turbine engines,” in Proceedings of the International Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Congress and Exposition, ASME paper 91-GT-309, June 1991.
- F. C. Mund and P. Pilidis, “A review of gas turbine online washing systems,” in Proceedings of ASME Turbomachinery Exposition: Power for Land, Sea, and Air, ASME paper GT2004-53224, June 2004.
- P. McDermott, “Method and apparatus for cleaning a gas turbine engine,” United States Patent 5, 011, 540, 1991.
- P. Lambart, R. Gordon, and M. Burnett, “Developments in on line gas turbine compressor cleaning,” in Proceedings of the Institution of Diesel and Gas Turbine Engineers 2nd Gas Turbine Conference, pp. 136–142, Milton Keynes, UK, 2003.
- E. Jeffs, “Compressor washing on line for large gas turbines,” Turbomachinery International, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 49–51, 1992.
- J. Hayward, G. Winson, and A. Raatrae, “Wash system for gas turbine compressors,” European Patent EP0933502A2, 1999.
- T. L. Pham and S. D. Heister, “Spray modeling using lagrangian droplet tracking in a homogeneous flow model,” Automization and Sprays, vol. 12, no. 5-6, pp. 687–707, 2002.
- P. Asplund, “A method of washing objects, such as turbine compressors,” World Intellectual Property Organization, Patent Cooperation Treaty, WO 96/40453, 1996.
- M. Salewski and L. Fuchs, “Consistency issues of Lagrangian particle tracking applied to a spray jet in crossflow,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 394–410, 2007.
- L. J. Molero de Blas, Pollutant formation and interaction in the combustion of heavy liquid fuels [Ph.D. thesis], University College, London, UK, 1998.
- R. S. Bunker, “A review of turbine blade tip heat transfer,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 934, pp. 64–79, 2001.
- ANSYS-CFX Release version 11.0, “ANSYS-CFX-Solver Theory Guide- particle transport theory: Lagrangian Tracking Implementation,” 2007.
- W. Holländer and S. K. Zaripov, “Hydrodynamically interacting droplets at small Reynolds numbers,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 53–68, 2005.
- J. Yao, Numerical and Experimental Studies of Gas/Liquid Two-phase Flow in a Turbocharger [Ph.D. thesis], Faculty of Engineering, Kingston University, London, UK, 2010.