- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Modelling and Simulation in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 969248, 11 pages
A Software Tool for Optimal Sizing of PV Systems in Malaysia
1Department of Electrical, Electronic & System Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, The National University of Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
2Solar Energy Research Institute, The National University of Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 6 January 2012; Accepted 22 February 2012
Academic Editor: Bauke Vries
Copyright © 2012 Tamer Khatib et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Khatib, “A review of designing, installing and evaluating standalone photovoltaic power systems,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 10, no. 13, pp. 1212–1228, 2010.
- J. K. Kaldellis, “Optimum technoeconomic energy autonomous photovoltaic solution for remote consumers throughout greece,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 45, no. 17, pp. 2745–2760, 2004.
- S. H. El-Hefnawi, “Photovoltaic diesel-generator hybrid power system sizing,” Renewable Energy, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 33–40, 1998.
- R. Soler-Bientz, L. O. Ricalde-Cab, and L. E. Solis-Rodriguez, “Developing a mobile stand alone photovoltaic generator,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 47, no. 18-19, pp. 2948–2960, 2006.
- M. Lalwani, D. Kothari, and M. Singh, “Investigation of solar photovoltaic simulation softwares,” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 1, pp. 585–601, 2010.
- t. Khatib, A Mohamed, and K. Sopian, “Optimization of a PV/wind micro-grid for rural housing electrification using a hybrid iterative/genetic algorithm: case study of Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia,” Energy and Buildings, vol. 47, pp. 321–331, 2012.
- T. Khatib, A. Mohamed, K. Sopian, and M. Mahmoud, “A new approach for optimal sizing of standalone photovoltaic systems,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2012, Article ID 391213, 7 pages, 2012.
- T. Khatib, A. Mohamed, K. Sopian, and M. Mahmoud, “Optimal sizing of building integrated hybrid PV/diesel generator system for zero load rejection for Malaysia,” Energy and Buildings, vol. 43, pp. 3430–3435, 2011.
- M. Macagnan and E. Lorenzo, “On the optimal size of inverters for grid connected PV systems,” in Proceedings of the 11th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 1167–1170, Montreux, Switzerland, 1992.
- M. Jantsch, H. Schmidt, and J. Schmid, “Results of the concerted action on power conditioning and control,” in Proceedings of the 11th Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 1589–1593, Montreux, Switzerland, 1992.
- L. Keller and P. Affolter, “Optimizing the panel area of a photovoltaic system in relation to the static inverter-practical results,” Solar Energy, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 1995.
- W. Coppye, W. Maranda, Y. Nir, L. DeGheselle, and J. Nijs, “Detailed comparison of the inverter operation of two grid-connected PV demonstration systems in Belgium,” in Proceedings of the 13th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 1881–1884, Nice, France, 1995.