- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 875307, 6 pages
Correlations between Hippocampal Neurogenesis and Metabolic Indices in Adult Nonhuman Primates
1Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
2Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
3Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Unit # 126, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
4Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Nonhuman Primate Facility, Department of Psychiatry, Brooklyn, NY, USA
5Department of Surgery, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Received 19 November 2010; Revised 6 April 2011; Accepted 10 May 2011
Academic Editor: Anthony Hannan
Copyright © 2011 Tarique D. Perera et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Cristina García-Cáceres, Esther Fuente-Martín, Jesús Argente, and Julie A. Chowen, “Emerging role of glial cells in the control of body weight,” Molecular Metabolism, vol. 1, no. 1-2, pp. 37–46, 2012.
- Avik Roy, Malabendu Jana, Grant T. Corbett, Shilpa Ramaswamy, Jeffrey H. Kordower, Frank J. Gonzalez, and Kalipada Pahan, “Regulation of Cyclic AMP Response Element Binding and Hippocampal Plasticity-Related Genes by Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor α,” Cell Reports, 2013.
- Marianne A. Yon, Suzanna L. Mauger, and Lucy C. Pickavance, “Relationships between dietary macronutrients and adult neurogenesis in the regulation of energy metabolism,” British Journal Of Nutrition, vol. 109, no. 9, pp. 1573–1589, 2013.
- Mylin A. Torres, Thaddeus W. Pace, Tian Liu, Jennifer C. Felger, Donna Mister, Gregory H. Doho, Jordan N. Kohn, Andrea M. Barsevick, Qi Long, and Andrew H. Miller, “Predictors of depression in breast cancer patients treated with radiation: Role of prior chemotherapy and nuclear factor kappa B,” Cancer, vol. 119, no. 11, pp. 1951–1959, 2013.
- Tarique D. Perera, Lakshmi Thirumangalakudi, Erin Glennon, Sungshic Park, Michele Insanally, Michael Persky, Janaki Fonseka, Andrew J. Dwork, Harold A. Sackeim, Jeremy D. Coplan, and André A. Fenton, “Role of hippocampal neurogenesis in mnemonic segregation: implications for human mood disorders,” World Journal of Biological Psychiatry, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Ti-Fei Yuan, Jiang Li, Fei Ding, and Oscar Arias-Carrion, “Evidence of adult neurogenesis in non-human primates and human,” Cell and Tissue Research, 2014.
- Jeremy D. Coplan, Hassan M. Fathy, Chadi G. Abdallah, Sherif A. Ragab, John G. Kral, Xiangling Mao, Dikoma C. Shungu, and Sanjay J. Mathew, “Reduced hippocampal N-acetyl-aspartate (NAA) as a biomarker for overweight,” NeuroImage: Clinical, 2014.