- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Nursing Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 469070, 10 pages
Major Depressive Disorder and Measures of Cellular Aging: An Integrative Review
Department of Family and Community Health Nursing, School of Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University, P.O. Box 980567, Richmond, VA 23298-0567, USA
Received 31 January 2013; Accepted 17 March 2013
Academic Editor: Susan Dorsey
Copyright © 2013 Patricia Anne Kinser and Debra E. Lyon. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Maria Luca, Antonina Luca, and Carmela Calandra, “Accelerated Aging in Major Depression: The Role of Nitro-Oxidative Stress,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Patricia A. Kinser, and Debra E. Lyon, “A conceptual framework of stress vulnerability, depression, and health outcomes in women: potential uses in research on complementary therapies for depression,” Brain and Behavior, 2014.
- Marcio Gerhardt Soeiro-de-Souza, Antonio L. Teixeira, Elvis C. Mateo, Marcus V. Zanetti, Flavia G. Rodrigues, Vanessa J. de Paula, Julia F. Bezerra, Ricardo A. Moreno, Wagner F. Gattaz, and Rodrigo Machado-Vieira, “Leukocyte Telomerase Activity and Antidepressant Efficacy in Bipolar Disorder,” European Neuropsychopharmacology, 2014.
- Nicole Vogelzangs, Hannie C. Comijs, Richard C. Oude Voshaar, Max L. Stek, and Brenda W. J. H. Penninx, “Late-life depression symptom profiles are differentially associated with immunometabolic functioning,” Brain Behavior and Immunity, vol. 41, pp. 109–115, 2014.
- Attila Szebeni, Katalin Szebeni, Timothy DiPeri, Michelle J. Chandley, Jessica D. Crawford, Craig A. Stockmeier, and Gregory A. Ordway, “Shortened telomere length in white matter oligodendrocytes in major depression: potential role of oxidative stress,” International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 1579–1589, 2014.
- Naomi M. Simon, Zandra E. Walton, Eric Bui, Jennifer Prescott, Elizabeth Hoge, Aparna Keshaviah, Noah Schwarz, Taylor Dryman, Rebecca A. Ojserkis, Benjamin Kovachy, David Mischoulon, John Worthington, Immaculata DeVivo, Maurizio Fava, and Kwok-Kin Wong, “Telomere length and telomerase in a well-characterized sample of individuals with major depressive disorder compared to controls,” Psychoneuroendocrinology, vol. 58, pp. 9–22, 2015.
- Daniel Lindqvist, Elissa S. Epel, Synthia H. Mellon, Brenda W. Penninx, Dóra Révész, Josine E. Verhoeven, Victor I. Reus, Jue Lin, Laura Mahan, Christina M. Hough, Rebecca Rosser, F. Saverio Bersani, Elizabeth H. Blackburn, and Owen M. Wolkowitz, “Psychiatric Disorders And Leukocyte Telomere Length: Underlying Mechanisms Linking Mental Illness With Cellular Aging,” Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2015.
- Meng Wang, Jianhua Chen, Kuanjun He, Qingzhong Wang, Zhiqiang Li, Jiawei Shen, Zujia Wen, Zhijian Song, Yifeng Xu, and Yongyong Shi, “The NVL gene confers risk for both major depressive disorder and schizophrenia in the Han Chinese population,” Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry, 2015.