- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Nursing Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 695729, 8 pages
Improvement Research Priorities: USA Survey and Expert Consensus
1Academic Center for Evidence-Based Practice, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
2Steering Council Member, Improvement Science Research Network, USA
3Medical Management Centre, The Karolinska Institutet, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Received 2 March 2013; Revised 3 June 2013; Accepted 25 June 2013
Academic Editor: Deborah Vincent
Copyright © 2013 Kathleen R. Stevens and John Ovretveit. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Wensing, J. M. Grimshaw, and M. P. Eccles, “Does the world need a scientific society for research on how to improve healthcare?” Implementation Science, vol. 7, no. 1, article 10, 2012.
- T. Speroff and G. T. O'Connor, “Study designs for PDSA quality improvement research,” Quality management in health care, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 17–32, 2004.
- C. M. Clancy and D. M. Berwick, “The science of safety improvement: learning while doing,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 154, no. 10, pp. 699–701, 2011.
- P. Batalden, P. Bate, D. Webb, and V. McLoughlin, “Planning and leading a multidisciplinary colloquium to explore the epistemology of improvement,” BMJ Quality and Safety, vol. 20, supplement 1, pp. i1–i4, 2011.
- J. Øvretveit, “Understanding the conditions for improvement: research to discover which context influences affect improvement success,” BMJ Quality and Safety, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. i18–i23, 2011.
- M. Marshall and J. Øvretveit, “Can we save money by improving quality?” BMJ Quality and Safety, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 293–296, 2011.
- K. R. Stevens, “A research network for improvement science: the improvement science research network ($3.1 million NIH 1 RC2 NR011946-01),” National Institutes of Health, 2009, http://recovery.nih.gov/Stories/ViewStory.aspx?id=65.
- K. R. Stevens, “Delivering on the promise of EBP,” Nursing Management, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 19–21, 2012.
- The Joint Commission (TJC), The Joint Commission, Oakbrook Terrace, Ill, USA, 2012, http://www.jointcommission.org/contact_directory/default.aspx.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, “AHRQ health care innovations exchange,” Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Rockville, Md, 2012, http://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement, “The 100,000 lives campaign: setting a goal and a deadline for improving health care quality,” Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Cambridge, Ma, USA, 2011, http://www.ihi.org/knowledge/Pages/Publications/100000LivesCampaignSettingaGoalandaDeadline.aspx.
- D. A. Dillman, J. D. Symyth, and L. M. Christian, Internet, Mail, and Mixed-Mode Surveys: The Tailored Design Methoded, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2008.
- Rand Corporation, “Delphi method,” Rand Corporation, Santa Monica, Calif, USA, 2011, http://www.rand.org/topics/delphi-method.html.
- US Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), “Health Resources Registered nurse population: findings from the 2008 national sample survey of registered nurses,” Source, 2010.
- A. Young, H. J. Chaudhry, J. Rhyne, and M. Dugan, “A census of actively licensed physicians in the United States, 2010,” Journal of Medical Licensure and Discipline, vol. 96, no. 4, pp. 10–20, 2010.
- Improvement Science Research Network, “Network study pipeline,” Network News, Fall, article 6, 2012, http://isrn.net/improvement/index.asp and http://isrn.net/sites/isrn.net/files/documents/newsletter/ISRN_NetworkNews_Fall2012.pdf.