- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Organic Chemistry International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 187372, 5 pages
Chemical Composition of Essential Oil from the Peel of Chinese Torreya grandis Fort
School of Perfume and Aroma Technology, Shanghai Institute of Technology, Shanghai 200235, China
Received 1 April 2011; Revised 8 June 2011; Accepted 16 June 2011
Academic Editor: William N. Setzer
Copyright © 2011 Tao Feng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Y. Yu, P. Li, X. Y. Dong, et al., “Aril Structure and Its Aromatic Oil in Torreya grandis Fort. ex Lindl,” Journal of Hangzhou University (Natural Science Edition), vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 347–351, 1986.
- M. K. Saeed, Y. Deng, Z. Parveen, R. Dai, W. Ahmad, and Y. Yu, “Studies on the chemical constituents of Torreya grandis Fort. Ex Lindl,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 269–273, 2007.
- B. Galli, F. Gasparrini, V. Lanzotti et al., “Grandione, a new heptacyclic dimeric diterpene from Torreya grandis Fort,” Tetrahedron, vol. 55, no. 37, pp. 11385–11394, 1999.
- X. F. Shi and X. N. Yuan, “Physical and chemical analysis of ths seed of Torreya grandis Fort,,” Journal of Fujian Forestry Colledge, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 85–88, 1989.
- B.-Q. Chen, X.-Y. Cui, X. Zhao et al., “Antioxidative and acute antiinflammatory effects of Torreya grandis,” Fitoterapia, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 262–267, 2006.
- Y. Minari, A. Fukumoto, N. Tokui, X. Guo, G. S. Zhu, and F. Uchiyama, Characteristics of Chinese Health Foods and Planning for Healthy Diet, VIII International People-Plant Symposium on Exploring Therapeutic Powers of Flowers, Greenery and Nature, ISHS Press, Leuven, Belgium, 2005.
- C.-C. Chyau, S.-Y. Tsai, J.-H. Yang et al., “The essential oil of Glossogyne tenuifolia,” Food Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 808–812, 2007.
- C. K. Shu, B. M. Lawrence, and E. M. Croom Jr., “Essential oil of Torreya taxifolia Arnott,” Journal of Essential Oil Research, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 71–72, 1995.
- F. Sefidkon and R. Kalvandi, “Chemical composition of the essential oil of Micromeria persica Boiss. from Iran,” Flavour and Fragrance Journal, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 539–541, 2005.
- F. Sefidkon and R. Kalvandi, “Essential oil analysis of Iranian Satureja edmondi and S. isophylla,” Flavor and Fragrance Journal, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 230–233, 2006.
- D. R. L. Caccioni, M. Guizzardi, D. M. Biondi, A. Renda, and G. Ruberto, “Relationship between volatile components of citrus fruit essential oils and antimicrobial action on Penicillium digitatum and Penicillium italicum,” International Journal of Food Microbiology, vol. 43, no. 1-2, pp. 73–79, 1998.
- L. R. Williams, J. K. Stockley, W. Yan, and V. N. Home, “Essential oils with high antimicrobial activity for therapeutic use,” International Journal of Aromatherapy, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 30–39, 1998.
- N. Filipowicz, M. Kamiński, J. Kurlenda, M. Asztemborska, and J. R. Ochocka, “Antibacterial and antifungal activity of juniper berry oil and its selected components,” Phytotherapy Research, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 227–231, 2003.
- A. Cakir, S. Kordali, H. Zengin, S. Izumi, and T. Hirata, “Composition and antifungal activity of essential oils isolated from Hypericum hyssopifolium and Hypericum heterophyllum,” Flavour and Fragrance Journal, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 62–68, 2004.
- M. L. Magwa, M. Gundidza, N. Gweru, and G. Humphrey, “Chemical composition and biological activities of essential oil from the leaves of Sesuvium portulacastrum,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 85–89, 2006.
- V. K. Bajpai, A. Rahman, and S. C. Kang, “Chemical composition and anti-fungal properties of the essential oil and crude extracts of Metasequoia glyptostroboides Miki ex Hu,” Industrial Crops and Products, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 28–35, 2007.