- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Organic Chemistry International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 360810, 5 pages
Synthesis, Antimicrobial, and Anticoagulant Activities of 2-(Arylsulfonyl)indane-1,3-diones
1Post Graduate and Research Department of Chemistry, Sri Paramakalyani College, Alwarkurichi, Tirunelveli 627 412, India
2Department of Natural Products Chemistry, School of Chemistry, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai 625 021, India
Received 7 April 2011; Accepted 7 June 2011
Academic Editor: William Ogilvie
Copyright © 2011 Malaichamy Jeyachandran and Penugonda Ramesh. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Dubers, “Organic and physical chemistry of 1,3-indanedione and related compounds,” in Progress in Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 10, p. 121, North Holland Publication, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- J. A. Durden, “Biocidal activity of 1,3-indanedione and related compounds,” in Progress in Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 10, p. 143, North Holland Publication, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- V. Enchev, G. Ivanova, G. Pavlovi, M. Rogojerov, A. Ahmedova, and M. Mitewa, “Quantum chemical and spectroscopic study of the structure of 2-acetylindan-1,3-dione complexes with metal(II) ions,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 654, pp. 11–20, 2003.
- A. R. S. Babu, R. Raghunathan, G. Gayatri, and G. N. Sastry, “A highly regioselective synthesis of 1-N-methyl-spiro-[2,3‴]- oxindole-spiro-[3,2″]indane-1″, 3″-dione-4-arylpyrrolidines through 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition protocol,” Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 1467–1472, 2009.
- V. I. Nikulin, N. Y. Lugovskaya, N. N. Sveshnikov, et al., “Imidazole derivatives—synthesis and radioprotective activity of substituted phenacylthioimidazoline and 3-phenyl-5,6-dihydroimidazo[2,1-B]thiazole hydrochlorides,” Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal, vol. 28, pp. 13–15, 1994.
- M. Katarzyna and B. Magdalena, “Synthesis and pharmacological properties of 5-[-(1,3-dioxo-2-indanyl)aryl]barbituric acids and 2-(arylmethylene)indan-1,3-diones,” Czasopismo Techniczne—Politechnika Krakowska, vol. 104, pp. 105–115, 2007 (Polish).
- S. Robert-Piessard, D. Leblois, J. Courant, G. L. E. Baut, and J. Y. Petit, “Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of 3-(2 and 4- pyridinyl)indane-1,3-diones and structuraly related compounds exerting potential anti-inflammatory and antitumoral activities,” Annales Pharmaceutiques Francaises, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 160–168, 1998.
- A. L. F. Fathy, M. M. Mohamaed, and E. Gawish, “Synthesis of heterocycles through reactions of nucleophiles with acrylonitriles. Part 15. Synthesis of some new functionalized benzopyrans and indeno[1,2-]pyrans of potential biological activity,” Journal of Chemical Research, Synopses, vol. 5, pp. 178–179, 1995.
- M. Mashaly, “One-pot synthesis of new indeno[1,2-b]-4H-pyrans of potential biological activity,” Zhonghua Yaoxue Zazhi, vol. 45, pp. 175–177, 1993.
- Y. Liu, A. Saldivar, J. Bess et al., “Investigating the origin of the slow-binding inhibition of HCV NS3 serine protease by a novel substrate based inhibitor,” Biochemistry, vol. 42, no. 29, pp. 8862–8869, 2003.
- B. H. Dieter, “2-[-(Phenylsulfonyl)phenyl]-1,3-indandione and its tautomer,” US 3356732, p 3, 1967.
- B. Gabriel and O. Katsuyuki, “Ethyl (Phenylsulfonyl)acetate,” in Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, vol. 12, p. 1639, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 2001.
- L. Horst and P. Heinrich, “1,3-Indandione derivatives,” Ger. Patent DE 2045466, p 4, 1972.
- B. S. Furniss, A. J. Hannaford, V. Rogers, P. W. G. Smith, and A. R. Tatchell, Vogel’s Text Book of Practical Organic Chemistry including Qualatitative Organic Analysis, The English Language Book Society and Longman, London, UK, 4th edition, 1978.
- L. F. Fiesher and M. Fiesher, Advanced Organic Chemistry, Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, New York, NY, USA, 1961.
- NCCLS: National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards, Approved Standard M7-A4, NCCLS, Wayne, Pa, USA, 1997.
- NCCLS: National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards, Approved Standard M27, NCCLS, Wayne, Pa, USA, 1997.
- Remington, Science and Practice of Pharmacy, vol. 2, chapter, Mack Publishing Company, Pa, USA, 1995.
- J. L. Miller, Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods, WB Saunders Company, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2001.
- C. Hansch and A. J. Leo, Substituent Constants for Correlation Analysis in Chemistry and Biology, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1979.