- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 308609, 6 pages
Quality of Life in Endometrial Cancer Survivors: What Does Obesity Have to Do with It?
1Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Greater Baltimore Medical Center/Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21204, USA
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akron General Medical Center, Akron, OH 44302, USA
4Center for Science, Health and Society, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
5Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Summa Akron City Hospital, Akron, OH 44309, USA
Received 29 April 2011; Revised 1 August 2011; Accepted 7 September 2011
Academic Editor: Diane C. Bodurka
Copyright © 2011 Amanda Nickles Fader et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Angeles Alvarez Secord, and Paola A. Gehrig, “Obesity: Too big a problem to ignore,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 126, no. 2, pp. 274–276, 2012.
- K. H. Schmitz, M. L. Neuhouser, T. Agurs-Collins, K. A. Zanetti, L. Cadmus-Bertram, L. T. Dean, and B. F. Drake, “Impact of Obesity on Cancer Survivorship and the Potential Relevance of Race and Ethnicity,” JNCI Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 2013.
- Amelia M. Jernigan, Ana I. Tergas, Andrew J. Satin, and Amanda N. Fader, “Obesity management in gynecologic cancer survivors: provider practices and attitudes,” American Journal Of Obstetrics And Gynecology, vol. 208, no. 5, 2013.
- Charlotte S. Oldenburg, Dorry Boll, Kim A. H. Nicolaije, M. Caroline Vos, Johanna M. A. Pijnenborg, Jan-Willem Coebergh, Sandra Beijer, Lonneke V. van de Poll-Franse, and Nicole P. M. Ezendam, “The relationship of body mass index with quality of life among endometrial cancer survivors: A study from the population-based PROFILES registry,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 216–221, 2013.
- M.L. McCarroll, S. Armbruster, H.E. Frasure, M.D. Gothard, K.M. Gil, M.B. Kavanagh, S. Waggoner, and V.E. von Gruenigen, “Self-Efficacy, Quality of Life, and Weight Loss in Overweight/Obese Endometrial Cancer Survivors (SUCCEED): A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Gynecologic Oncology, 2013.
- Anke Smits, Alberto Lopes, Nagindra Das, Ruud Bekkers, and Khadra Galaal, “The impact of BMI on quality of life in obese endometrial cancer survivors: Does size matter?,” Gynecologic Oncology, 2013.
- Wenjing Tao, “Clinical management of obese patients with cancer,” Nature Reviews Clinical Oncology, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 519–533, 2013.
- Kemi M. Doll, Alison K. Kalinowski, Anna C. Snavely, Debra E. Irwin, Jeannette T Bensen, Victoria L. Bae-Jump, Kenneth H. Kim, Linda Van Le, Daniel L. Clarke-Pearson, and Paola A. Gehrig, “Obesity is associated with worse quality of life in women with gynecologic malignancies: An opportunity to improve patient-centered outcomes,” Cancer, 2014.
- Melek Serpil Talas, and Firat Ortac, “Functional Status in Turkish Women with Gynecological Cancer,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 2045–2049, 2014.
- Anke Smits, Alberto Lopes, Ruud Bekkers, and Khadra Galaal, “Body mass index and the quality of life of endometrial cancer survivors—A systematic review and meta-analysis,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 180–187, 2015.
- D. A. Koutoukidis, M. T. Knobf, and A. Lanceley, “Obesity, Diet, Physical Activity, and Health-Related Quality of Life in Endometrial Cancer Survivors,” Nutrition Reviews, 2015.
- Faina Linkov, Robert P. Edwards, Andrew Althouse, Jose A. Rauh-Hain, Marcela G. Del Carmen, Kyle E. Freese, Joseph L. Kelley, and Alexander B. Olawaiye, “Obesity, lymphadenectomy and survival outcomes in intermediate to high-risk, early-stage endometrial cancer patients,” Future Oncology, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 607–615, 2015.
- Amerigo Rossi, Alyson Moadel-Robblee, Carol Ewing Garber, Dennis Kuo, Gary Goldberg, Mark Einstein, and Nicole Nevadunsky, “Physical activity for an ethnically diverse sample of endometrial cancer survivors: a needs assessment and pilot intervention,” Journal of Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 141, 2015.