- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 470795, 13 pages
Uterine Carcinosarcomas (Malignant Mixed Müllerian Tumours): A Review with Special Emphasis on the Controversies in Management
1Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 0W8
2Room 2868 G-Wing, Royal University Hospital, 103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 0W8
Received 20 July 2011; Accepted 2 August 2011
Academic Editor: Thomas Herzog
Copyright © 2011 Rani Kanthan and Jenna-Lynn Senger. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sree Harsha Tirumani, Vijayanadh Ojili, Alampady Krishna Prasad Shanbhogue, Najla Fasih, John G. Ryan, and Caroline Reinhold, “Current concepts in the imaging of uterine sarcoma,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 397–411, 2012.
- Brittany M. Rice, Nicholas W. Todd, Richard Jensen, Shannon M. Rush, and William Rogers, “Metastatic Calcaneal Lesion Associated with Uterine Carcinosarcoma,” The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2013.
- Dinesh Pradhan, and Sambit K. Mohanty, “Uterine Tumors Resembling Ovarian Sex Cord Tumors,” Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, vol. 137, no. 12, pp. 1832–1836, 2013.
- Hyun Joo Lee, Hye-Jung Choi, Heung-Mo Yang, You Min Kim, Jeeyun Lee, Dongil Chio, BoKyung Kim, Yoon-La Choi, and Sung Joo Kim, “Establishment of Primary Xenograft Model From Newly Characterized Patient Extrauterine Carcinosarcoma,” International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1552–1560, 2013.
- Seema Husain, and Gokce Toruner, “AKT, EGFR, C-ErbB-2, and C-Kit Expression in Uterine Carcinosarcoma,” International Journal Of Gynecological Pathology, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 493–500, 2013.
- Feng Chen, Chunjing Yu, Xuyang You, Boming Mi, and Weixing Wan, “Carcinosarcoma of the Uterine Corpus on 18F-FDG PET/CT in a Postmenopausal Woman With Elevated AFP,” Clinical Nuclear Medicine, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 803–805, 2014.
- Siân Jones, Nicolas Stransky, Christine L. McCord, Ethan Cerami, James Lagowski, Devon Kelly, Samuel V. Angiuoli, Mark Sausen, Lisa Kann, Manish Shukla, Rosemary Makar, Laura D. Wood, Luis A. Diaz, Christoph Lengauer, and Victor E. Velculescu, “Genomic analyses of gynaecologic carcinosarcomas reveal frequent mutations in chromatin remodelling genes,” Nature Communications, vol. 5, pp. 5006, 2014.
- Kemal Gungorduk, Aykut Ozdemir, Ibrahim E. Ertas, Mehmet Gokcu, Elcin Telli, Tufan Oge, Ahmet Sahbaz, Sevil Sayhan, Muzaffer Sanci, Mehmet Harma, and Sinan Ozalp, “Adjuvant Treatment Modalities, Prognostic Predictors and Outcomes of Uterine Carcinosarcomas,” Cancer Research and Treatment, 2014.
- Fatemeh Homaei Shandiz, Sima Kadkhodayan, Zohre Yousefi Roodsari, Malihe Hsanzade Mofrad, Noorieh Sharifi Sistani, Majid Nabizadeh Marvast, and Mahbobe Sadeghei, “Prolonged Survival of a Patient With Pelvic Recurrence of Ovarian Malignant Mixed Mullerian Tumor After Chemoradiotherapy,” Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal, vol. 16, no. 9, 2014.
- Y. Luo, Q. Yao, C. Ren, X. Ding, A. Hu, and C. Liu, “HPV infection status in cervical metaplastic carcinomas,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 170–172, 2014.
- Grazia Artioli, Jacopo Wabersich, Ludwig Kathrin, Marina Paola Gardiman, Lucia Borgato, and Franco Garbin, “Rare uterine cancer: carcinosarcomas. Review from histology to treatment,” Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, 2014.
- Andrzej Semczuk, Atanas Ignatov, Bogdan Obrzut, Jaume Reventos, and Tomasz Rechberger, “Role of p53 Pathway Alterations in Uterine Carcinosarcomas (Malignant Mixed Mullerian Tumors),” Oncology, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 193–204, 2014.
- P. Hernández Mateo, R. Méndez Fernández, and E. Serrano Tamayo, “Sarcoma uterino frente a adenocarcinoma: ¿es posible distinguirlos mediante resonancia magnética?,” Radiología, 2015.
- Vidya Monappa, Ranjini Kudva, and Roumina Hasan, “Uterine malignant mixed mullerian tumor camouflaging as pelvic sarcoma,” Journal Of Cancer Research And Therapeutics, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 997–999, 2015.
- Lei Zhang, David Shimizu, Jeffrey L. Killeen, Stacey A. Honda, Di Lu, Alexander Stanoyevitch, Fritz Lin, Beverly Wang, Edwin S. Monuki, and Michele Carbone, “Serous Carcinoma component championed by Heparin Binding-EGF Like Growth Factor (HB-EGF) Predisposing to Metastasis and Recurrence in Stage I Uterine Malignant Mixed Mullerian Tumor,” Human Pathology, 2016.
- Nicholas Mackrides, Parvin Ganjei-Azar, Roberto Perez, Tengijiao Cui, Norman Block, Andrew V. Schally, and Mehrdad Nadji, “GHRH Receptor Expression in Malignant Mixed Müllerian Tumors,” International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 142–146, 2016.
- Hamdullah Sozen, Rumeysa Çiftçi, Dogan Vatansever, Samet Topuz, Ahmet Cem Iyibozkurt, Hamza Ugur Bozbey, Cenk Yaşa, Halime Çali, Ekrem Yavuz, Seden Kucucuk, Adnan Aydiner, and Yavuz Salihoglu, “Combination of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiotherapy is associated with improved survival at early stage type II endometrial cancer and carcinosarcoma,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2016.
- Hyun Ju Lee, Jeong-Yeol Park, Jong Jin Lee, Mi Hyun Kim, Dae-Yeon Kim, Dae-Shik Suh, Jong-Hyeok Kim, Yong-Man Kim, Young-Tak Kim, and Joo-Hyun Nam, “Comparison of MRI and 18F-FDG PET/CT in the preoperative evaluation of uterine carcinosarcoma,” Gynecologic Oncology, 2016.