- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 548327, 6 pages
Postcesarean Thromboprophylaxis with Two Different Regimens of Bemiparin
1Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, San Cecilio University Hospital, Avenida Madrid No. 16, 18012 Granada, Spain
2Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, School of Medicine, University of Granada, Spain
3Methodology and Statistics Department, FIBAO and San Cecilio University Hospital, Granada, Spain
Received 30 July 2011; Revised 18 October 2011; Accepted 18 October 2011
Academic Editor: Enrique Hernandez
Copyright © 2011 Milagros Cruz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Drife, “Thromboembolism,” British Medical Bulletin, vol. 67, pp. 177–190, 2003.
- P. A. Clyburn, “Editorial 2. Early thoughts on ‘why mothers die 2000–2002’,” Anaesthesia, vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 1157–1159, 2004.
- R. L. Andres and A. Miles, “Venous thromboembolism and pregnancy,” Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 613–630, 2001.
- A. H. James, V. F. Tapson, and S. Z. Goldhaber, “Thrombosis during pregnancy and the postpartum period,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 216–219, 2005.
- J. A. Heit, C. E. Kobbervig, A. H. James, T. M. Petterson, K. R. Bailey, and L. J. Melton, “Trends in the incidence of venous thromboembolism during pregnancy or postpartum: a 30-year population-based study,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 143, no. 10, pp. 697–706, 2005.
- M. De Swiet, “Maternal mortality: confidential enquiries into maternal deaths in the United Kingdom,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 182, no. 4, pp. 760–766, 2000.
- S. Gates, P. Brocklehurst, and L. J. Davis, “Prophylaxis for venous thromboembolic disease in pregnancy and the early postnatal period,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 2, p. CD001689, 2002.
- J. Chang, L. D. Elam-Evans, C. J. Berg et al., “Pregnancy-related mortality surveillance—United States, 1991–1999,” MMWR Surveillance Summaries, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 1–8, 2003.
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Netword (SIGN), Prevention and Management of Venous Thromboembolism, A National Clinical Guideline, 2010.
- O. P. Phillips, “Venous thromboembolism in the pregnant woman,” Journal of Reproductive Medicine for the Obstetrician and Gynecologist, vol. 48, no. 11, supplement, pp. 921–929, 2003.
- E. L. Simpson, R. A. Lawrenson, A. L. Nightingale, and R. D. T. Farmer, “Venous thromboembolism in pregnancy and the puerperium: incidence and additional risk factors from a London perinatal database,” British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 56–60, 2001.
- F. A. Anderson Jr. and F. A. Spencer, “Risk factors for venous thromboembolism,” Circulation, vol. 107, no. 23, supplement 1, pp. I9–I16, 2003.
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN), Prophylaxis of Venous Thromboembolism, Guideline, 2002.
- A. Romero, “Risk of venous thromboembolic disease in women. A qualitativ systematic review,” European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 121, no. 1, pp. 8–17, 2005.
- S. M. Bates, I. A. Greer, I. Pabinger, S. Sofaer, and J. Hirsh, “Venous thromboembolism, thrombophilia, antithrombotic therapy, and pregnancy: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (8th edition),” Chest, vol. 133, no. 6, supplement, 2008.
- Royal Collegue of Physicians, National Clinical Guideline Centre-Acute and Chronic Conditions. Venous Thromboembolism: Reducing the Risk of Venous Thromboembolism (Deep Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism) in Patients Admitted to Hospital, 2010.
- A. Gerhardt, R. E. Scharf, M. W. Beckmann et al., “Prothrombin and factor V mutations in women with a history of thrombosis during pregnancy and the puerperium,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 342, no. 6, pp. 374–380, 2000.
- J. Conard, M. H. Horellou, and M. M. Samama, “Pregnancy and venous thromboembolism. North-American and European guidelines. American College of Chest Physicians,” Journal des Maladies Vasculaires, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 300–313, 2009.
- A. C. Spyropoulos, “Emerging strategies in the prevention of venous thromboembolism in hospitalized medical patients,” Chest, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 958–969, 2005.
- A. J. Duhl, M. J. Paidas, S. H. Ural et al., “Antithrombotic therapy and pregnancy: consensus report and recommendations for prevention and treatment of venous thromboembolism and adverse pregnancy outcomes,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 197, no. 5, pp. 457.e1–457.e21, 2007.
- M. Cruz, A. Caño, E. Hidalgo, et al., “Maternal mortality in San Cecilio University Hospital during 1988–2000,” Clinical Investigation, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 324–329, 2001.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Reducing the Risk of Thrombosis and Embolism during Pregnancy and the Puerperium, Green-Top Guidelines, 2009.
- Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists, Thromboembolic Disease in Pregnancy and the Puerperium: Acute Management, Green-Top Guidelines, 2007.
- A. H. James, M. G. Jamison, L. R. Brancazio, and E. R. Myers, “Venous thromboembolism during pregnancy and the postpartum period: Incidence, risk factors, and mortality,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 194, no. 5, pp. 1311–1315, 2006.
- D. R. Danilenko-Dixon, J. A. Heit, M. D. Silverstein et al., “Risk factors for deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism during pregnancy or post partum: a population-based, case-control study,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 184, no. 2, pp. 104–110, 2001.
- I. Martinelli, C. Legnani, P. Bucciarelli, E. Grandone, V. De Stefano, and P. M. Mannucci, “Risk of pregnancy-related venous thrombosis in carriers of severe inherited thrombophilia,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 800–803, 2001.
- A. Seddighzadeh, U. Zurawska, R. Shetty, and S. Z. Goldhaber, “Venous thromboembolism in patients undergoing surgery: low rates of prophylaxis and high rates of filter insertion,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 98, no. 6, pp. 1220–1225, 2007.
- P. E. Marik and L. A. Plante, “Venous thromboembolic disease and pregnancy,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 359, no. 19, pp. 2025–2033, 2008.
- M. Bazzan and V. Donvito, “Low-molecular-weight heparin during pregnancy,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. V175–V186, 2001.
- J. Martinez-Gonzalez, L. Vila, and C. Rodriguez, “Bemiparin: second-generation, low-molecular-weight heparin for treatment and prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism,” Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy, vol. 6, pp. 793–802, 2008.
- A. M. Fernández, M. Cruz, P. Carretero, I. Rodríguez, L. Garrigosa, and A. Vizcaíno, “Obstetric thromboprophylaxis eficacy,” Revista de Obstetricia y Ginecología de Venezuela, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 215–221, 2008.
- A. Blanco-Molina, J. Trujillo-Santos, J. Criado et al., “Venous thromboembolism during pregnancy or postpartum: findings form the RIETE Registry,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 186–190, 2007.
- B. S. Andersen, F. H. Steffensen, H. T. Sorensen, G. L. Nielsen, and J. Olsen, “The cumulative incidence of venous thromboembolism during pregnancy and puerperium—an 11 year Danish population-based study of 63,300 pregnancies,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 170–173, 1998.
- M. Blondon, A. Perrier, M. Nendaz et al., “Thromboprophylaxis with low-molecular-weight heparin after cesarean delivery: a decision analysis,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 129–137, 2010.