- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 612817, 6 pages
Pathways of Metastases from Primary Organs to the Ovaries
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Otsu Red-Cross Hospital, 1-1-35 Nagara, Otsu, Shiga 520-0046, Japan
2Department of Pathology, Otsu Red-Cross Hospital, 1-1-35 Nagara, Otsu, Shiga 520-0046, Japan
Received 2 February 2011; Revised 7 July 2011; Accepted 11 July 2011
Academic Editor: Peter E. Schwartz
Copyright © 2011 Yukio Yamanishi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Novak and L. A. Gray, “Krukenberg tumor of the ovary: clinical and pathological study of four cases,” Surgery Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 157–167, 1938.
- R. H. Young and W. R. Hart, “Metastases from carcinomas of the pancreas simulating primary mucinous tumors of the ovary. A report of seven cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 748–756, 1989.
- R. H. Young and R. E. Scully, “Metastatic tumors in the ovary: a problem-oriented approach and review of the recent literature,” Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 250–276, 1991.
- S. Khunamornpong, M. F. Lerwill, S. Siriaunkgul et al., “Carcinoma of extrahepatic bile ducts and gallbladder metastatic to the ovary: a report of 16 cases,” International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 366–379, 2008.
- A. Kondi-Pafiti, E. Kairi-Vasilatou, C. Iavazzo, et al., “Metastatic neoplasms of the ovaries: a clinicopathological study of 97 cases,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics. In press.
- T. Okamoto, N. Matsumura, M. Mandai et al., “Distinguishing primary from secondary mucinous ovarian tumors: an algorithm using the novel marker DPEP1,” Modern Pathology, vol. 24, pp. 267–276, 2011.
- R. T. Parker and J. L. Currier, “Metastatic tumors of ovary,” in Gynecologic Oncology, M. Coppleson, Ed., pp. 987–1000, Churchill Livingstone, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- O. M. Al-Agha and A. D. Nicastri, “An in-depth look at Krukenberg tumor: an overview,” Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, vol. 130, no. 11, pp. 1725–1730, 2006.
- H. J. Kahn, D. Bailey, and A. Marks, “Monoclonal antibody D2-40, a new marker of lymphatic endothelium, reacts with Kaposi's sarcoma and a subset of angiosarcomas,” Modern Pathology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 434–440, 2002.
- R. H. Young and R. E. Scully, “Metastatic tumors of the ovary,” in Blaustein's Pathology of the Female Genital Tract, R. J. Kurman, Ed., pp. 742–768, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 3rd edition, 1987.
- R. G. Moore, M. Chung, C. O. Granai, W. Gajewski, and M. M. Steinhoff, “Incidence of metastasis to the ovaries from nongenital tract primary tumors,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 87–91, 2004.
- H. K. Kim, D. S. Heo, Y. J. Bang, and N. K. Kim, “Prognostic factors of Krukenberg's tumor,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 105–109, 2001.
- J. H. Cheong, W. J. Hyung, J. Chen, J. Kim, S. H. Choi, and S. H. Noh, “Survival benefit of metastasectomy for Krukenberg tumors from gastric cancer,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 477–482, 2004.
- S. J. Lee, J. H. Bae, A. W. Lee, S. Y. Tong, Y. G. Park, and J. S. Park, “Clinical characteristics of metastatic tumors to the ovaries,” Journal of Korean Medical Science, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 114–119, 2009.
- K. Sharma, A. K. Rathi, G. Sood et al., “Metastatic ovarian tumour in patient of carcinoma stomach,” Tropical Gastroenterology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 112–113, 2008.
- E. Petru, H. Pickel, M. Heydarfadai et al., “Nongenital cancers metastatic to the ovary,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 83–86, 1992.
- W. Y. Kim, T. J. Kim, S. E. Kim et al., “The role of cytoreductive surgery for non-genital tract metastatic tumors to the ovaries,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology & Reproductive Biology, vol. 149, no. 1, pp. 97–101, 2010.
- S. E. Akhan, G. Kilic, Y. Salihoglu, E. Bengisu, and S. Berkman, “Nongenital metastatic cancers of the ovary: a clinical analysis,” European Journal of Gynaecological Oncology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 379–383, 2001.
- I. Skírnisdóttir, H. Garmo, and L. Holmberg, “Non-genital tract metastases to the ovaries presented as ovarian tumors in Sweden 1990–2003: occurrence, origin and survival compared to ovarian cancer,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 166–171, 2007.