- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 852061, 29 pages
Robotic Surgery in Gynecology: An Updated Systematic Review
Department of OB/GYN and Women's Health Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Desk A-81, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Received 9 August 2011; Accepted 25 August 2011
Academic Editor: Howard D. Homesley
Copyright © 2011 Lori Weinberg et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [36 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Dimitri Sarlos, LaVonne Kots, Nebojsa Stevanovic, Stefanie von Felten, and Gabriel Schaer, “Robotic Compared With Conventional Laparoscopic Hysterectomy A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Obstetrics And Gynecology, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 604–611, 2012.
- Amir E. Ibrahim, Karim A. Sarhane, Joe S. Baroud, and Bishara S. Atiyeh, “Robotics in plastic surgery, a review,” European Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 571–578, 2012.
- Teresa L. Rutledge, “Advances in Surgical Care,” Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 145–+, 2012.
- Roland Csorba, “Robotsebészet a nőgyógyászatban,” Orvosi Hetilap, vol. 153, no. 25, pp. 967–972, 2012.
- Nabeel A. Arain, Genevieve Dulan, Deborah C. Hogg, Robert V. Rege, Cathryn E. Powers, Seifu T. Tesfay, Linda S. Hynan, and Daniel J. Scott, “Comprehensive proficiency-based inanimate training for robotic surgery: reliability, feasibility, and educational benefit,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 2740–2745, 2012.
- James T. Broome, Sharon Pomeroy, and Carmen C. Solorzano, “Expense of Robotic Thyroidectomy A Cost Analysis at a Single Institution,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 147, no. 12, pp. 1102–1106, 2012.
- Rudy L. De Wilde, and Anja Herrmann, “Robotic surgery – Advance or gimmick?,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 457–469, 2013.
- Senem Ates, and Togas Tulandi, “Malpractice claims and avoidance of complications in endoscopic surgery,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 349–361, 2013.
- Robert E. Bristow, “Robotic Surgery Gynecologic Oncology,” Cancer Journal, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 167–176, 2013.
- V. Cela, L. Freschi, G. Simi, M. Ruggiero, R. Tana, and N. Pluchino, “Robotic single-site hysterectomy: feasibility, learning curve and surgical outcome,” Surgical Endoscopy, 2013.
- Joseph Ng, “Robotics in Endometrial Cancer Care,” Robotics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 198–202, 2013.
- Kirsten Foell, Antonio Finelli, Kazuhiro Yasufuku, Marcus Q. Bernardini, Thomas K. Waddell, Kenneth T. Pace, R. John D. 'A. Honey, and Jason Y. Lee, “Robotic surgery basic skills training: Evaluation of a pilot multidisciplinary simulation-based curriculum,” Cuaj-Canadian Urological Association Journal, vol. 7, no. 11-12, pp. 430–434, 2013.
- Sangini B. Sheth, Robert L. Giuntoli, Ana I. Tergas, Abigail D. Winder, Amanda N. Fader, and Isabel C. Green, “A Pilot Study of Surgical Training Using a Virtual Robotic Surgery Simulator,” Jsls-Journal Of The Society Of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 219–226, 2013.
- M. Carbonnel, H. Abbou, H. T. N’Guyen, S. Roy, G. Hamdi, A. Jnifen, and J. M. Ayoubi, “Robotically Assisted Hysterectomy versus Vaginal Hysterectomy for Benign Disease: A Prospective Study,” Minimally Invasive Surgery, vol. 2013, pp. 1–4, 2013.
- Pluvio J. Coronado, María Fasero, Javier F. Magrina, Miguel A. Herraiz, and José A. Vidart, “Comparison of Perioperative Outcomes and Cost Between Robotic-Assisted and Conventional Laparoscopy for Transperitoneal Infrarenal Para-aortic Lymphadenectomy (TIPAL),” Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 674–681, 2014.
- Soorena Fatehchehr, Ghazaleh Rostaminia, Michael O. Gardner, Elisa Ramunno, and Nora M. Doyle, “Robotic Surgery Training in Gynecologic Fellowship Programs in the United States,” Jsls-Journal Of The Society Of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, vol. 18, no. 3, 2014.
- Julie Goetgheluck, Marie Carbonnel, and Jean Marc Ayoubi, “Robotically Assisted Gynecologic Surgery: 2-Year Experience in the French Foch Hospital,” Frontiers in Surgery, vol. 1, 2014.
- Jiajie Yu, Yingqiang Wang, Youping Li, Xianglian Li, Cuicui Li, and Jiantong Shen, “The safety and effectiveness of Da Vinci surgical system compared with open surgery and laparoscopic surgery: a rapid assessment,” Journal of Evidence-Based Medicine, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 121–134, 2014.
- Nallapothula Kathya, Chaitanya Mallireddy, Seema S. Puntambekar, Geetanjali Agarwal, Saurabh Joshi, Rahul Kenawadekar, and Akhil Lawande, “Indian Experience of Robotics in Gynecology,” Journal of Minimal Access Surgery, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 80–83, 2014.
- Lior Lowenstein, Mona Mustafa, Yechiel Z. Burke, Susana Mustafa, Dror Segal, and Amir Weissman, “Steep Trendelenburg position during robotic sacrocolpopexy and heart rate variability,” European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, 2014.
- Anna-Maija Tapper, Mikko Hannola, Rainer Zeitlin, Jaana Isojärvi, Harri Sintonen, and Tuija S. Ikonen, “A systematic review and cost analysis of robot-assisted hysterectomy in malignant and benign conditions,” European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, 2014.
- R. Kimmig, B. Aktas, and M. Heubner, “„Robotic surgery“ in der Gynäkologie,” Der Gynäkologe, 2014.
- Luisa Beckmeier, Ruediger Klapdor, Phillip Soergel, Sudip Kundu, Peter Hillemanns, and Hermann Hertel, “Evaluation of active camera control systems in gynecological surgery: construction, handling, comfort, surgeries and results,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 289, no. 2, pp. 341–348, 2014.
- Jeanette R. Bauchat, and Ashraf S. Habib, “Evidence-Based Anesthesia for Major Gynecologic Surgery,” Anesthesiology Clinics, 2014.
- Yuki Horise, Toshinobu Matsumoto, Hiroki Ikeda, Yuta Nakamura, Makoto Yamasaki, Genta Sawada, Yukiko Tsukao, Yujiro Nakahara, Masaaki Yamamoto, Shuji Takiguchi, Yuichiro Doki, Masaki Mori, Fumio Miyazaki, Mitsugu Sekimoto, Toshikazu Kawai, and Atsushi Nishikawa, “A novel locally operated master-slave robot system for single-incision laparoscopic surgery,” Minimally Invasive Therapy & Allied Technologies, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 326–332, 2014.
- Pedro F. Escobar, Pilar E. Silva, Joshua A. Makhoul, and Martin A. Martino, “Robotic Surgery in Gynecologic Oncology: Updates and Innovations,” Current Obstetrics and Gynecology Reports, 2014.
- Sangini S. Sheth, Amanda N. Fader, Ana I. Tergas, Christina L. Kushnir, and Isabel C. Green, “Virtual Reality Robotic Surgical Simulation: An Analysis of Gynecology Trainees,” Journal of Surgical Education, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 125–132, 2014.
- Junya Kojima, Hiroe Ito, Reiko Zaitsu, Keiko Hatano, Yotaro Takaesu, Tetsuya Moritake, and Keiichi Isaka, “Experience with the use of AIRSEAL® System,” Japanese Journal Of Gynecologic And Obstetric Endoscopy, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 121–126, 2014.
- A. Sivaraman, R. Sanchez-Salas, D. Prapotnich, E. Barret, A. Mombet, N. Cathala, F. Rozet, M. Galiano, and X. Cathelineau, “Robotics in urological surgery: Evolution, current status and future perspectives,” Actas Urológicas Españolas (English Edition), vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 435–441, 2015.
- Magdi Hanafi, “Comparative Study of Vaginal, Abdominal, and Robotic Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: Clinical Outcome and Cost,” Journal of Gynecologic Surgery, pp. 150715090941009, 2015.
- John K. Chan, Austin B. Gardner, Katie Taylor, Kevin Blansit, Caroline A. Thompson, Rebecca Brooks, Xinhua Yu, and Daniel S. Kapp, “The centralization of robotic surgery in high-volume centers for endometrial cancer patients — A study of 6560 cases in the U.S.,” Gynecologic Oncology, 2015.
- A. Sivaraman, R. Sanchez-Salas, D. Prapotnich, E. Barret, A. Mombet, N. Cathala, F. Rozet, M. Galiano, and X. Cathelineau, “La robótica en la cirugía urológica: evolución, estado actual y perspectivas futuras,” Actas Urológicas Españolas, 2015.
- David W. Doo, Matthew Powell, Akiva Novetsky, Jeanelle Sheeder, and Saketh R. Guntupalli, “Preparedness of Ob/Gyn residents for fellowship training in gynecologic oncology,” Gynecologic Oncology Reports, 2015.
- Immaculate F. Nevis, Bahareh Vali, Caroline Higgins, Irfan Dhalla, David Urbach, and Marcus Q. Bernardini, “Robot-assisted hysterectomy for endometrial and cervical cancers: a systematic review,” Journal of Robotic Surgery, 2016.
- Mark Meier, Kevin Horton, and Hubert John, “Da Vinci© Skills Simulator™: is an early selection of talented console surgeons possible?,” Journal of Robotic Surgery, 2016.
- Sean S. Jacob, S. P. Somashekhar, Rajshekhar Jaka, K. R. Ashwin, and Rohit Kumar, “Robotic-Assisted Pelvic and High Para-aortic Lymphadenectomy (RPLND) for Endometrial Cancer and Learning Curve,” Indian Journal of Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 14, no. 2, 2016.