- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 134962, 8 pages
Expression and Prognostic Significance of Wnt7a in Human Endometrial Carcinoma
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Harbin Red Cross Hospital, Harbin 150076, China
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, no. 23 Youzheng Street, Nangang Block, Harbin 150010, China
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Fifth Hospital of Daqing, Heilongjiang, China
Received 20 July 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editor: Robert Coleman
Copyright © 2012 Chunjie Peng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jemal, R. Siegel, E. Ward, T. Murray, J. Xu, and M. J. Thun, “Cancer statistics, 2007,” CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 43–66, 2007.
- D. M. Parkin, F. Bray, J. Ferlay, and P. Pisani, “Global cancer statistics, 2002,” CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 74–108, 2005.
- K. M. Cadigan and R. Nusse, “Wnt signaling: a common theme in animal development,” Genes and Development, vol. 11, no. 24, pp. 3286–3305, 1997.
- R. Nusse and H. E. Varmus, “Wnt genes,” Cell, vol. 69, no. 7, pp. 1073–1087, 1992.
- A. Wodarz and R. Nusse, “Mechanisms of Wnt signaling in development,” Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology, vol. 14, pp. 59–88, 1998.
- N. D. Hendrix, R. Wu, R. Kuick, D. R. Schwartz, E. R. Fearon, and K. R. Cho, “Fibroblast growth factor 9 has oncogenic activity and is a downstream target of Wnt signaling in ovarian endometrioid adenocarcinomas,” Cancer Research, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 1354–1362, 2006.
- K. S. Carmon and D. S. Loose, “Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 regulates two Wnt7a signaling pathways and inhibits proliferation in endometrial cancer cells,” Molecular Cancer Research, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 1017–1028, 2008.
- C. Miller and D. A. Sassoon, “Wnt-7a maintains appropriate uterine patterning during the development of the mouse female reproductive tract,” Development, vol. 125, no. 16, pp. 3201–3211, 1998.
- M. Mericskay, L. Carta, and D. Sassoon, “Diethylstilbestrol exposure in utero: a paradigm for mechanisms leading to adult disease,” Birth Defects Research Part A, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 133–135, 2005.
- R. A. Winn, M. Van Scoyk, M. Hammond et al., “Antitumorigenic effect of Wnt 7a and Fzd 9 in non-small cell lung cancer cells is mediated through ERK-5-dependent activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 281, no. 37, pp. 26943–26950, 2006.
- N. Sato, N. Fukushima, A. Maitra et al., “Discovery of novel targets for aberrant methylation in pancreatic carcinoma using high-throughput microarrays,” Cancer Research, vol. 63, no. 13, pp. 3735–3742, 2003.
- H. Kirikoshi and M. Katoh, “Expression of WNT7A in human normal tissues and cancer, and regulation of WNT7A and WNT7B in human cancer,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 895–900, 2002.
- M. A. Merritt, P. G. Parsons, T. R. Newton et al., “Expression profiling identifies genes involved in neoplastic transformation of serous ovarian cancer,” BMC Cancer, vol. 9, article 378, 2009.
- T. D. Bui, L. Zhang, M. C. P. Rees, R. Bicknell, and A. L. Harris, “Expression and hormone regulation of Wnt2, 3, 4, 5a, 7a, 7b and 10b in normal human endometrium and endometrial carcinoma,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 75, no. 8, pp. 1131–1136, 1997.
- C. Miller, A. Pavlova, and D. A. Sassoon, “Differential expression patterns of Wnt genes in the murine female reproductive tract during development and the estrous cycle,” Mechanisms of Development, vol. 76, no. 1-2, pp. 91–99, 1998.
- J. Wagner and L. Lehmann, “Estrogens modulate the gene expression of Wnt-7a in cultured endometrial adenocarcinoma cells,” Molecular Nutrition and Food Research, vol. 50, no. 4-5, pp. 368–372, 2006.
- J. K. Park, J. H. Song, T. C. He, S. W. Nam, J. Y. Lee, and W. S. Park, “Overexpression of Wnt-2 in colorectal cancers,” Neoplasma, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 119–123, 2009.
- L. B. Filho, C. T. F. Oshima, F. D. O. Lima et al., “Canonical and noncanonical Wnt pathway: a comparison among normal ovary, benign ovarian tumor and ovarian cancer,” Oncology Reports, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 313–320, 2009.
- R. Gaetje, U. Holtrich, T. Karn et al., “Characterization of WNT7A expression in human endometrium and endometriotic lesions,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 88, no. 6, pp. 1534–1540, 2007.
- S. Tulac, N. R. Nayak, L. C. Kao et al., “Identification, characterization, and regulation of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway in human endometrium,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 88, no. 8, pp. 3860–3866, 2003.
- M. K. Oehler, I. Z. MacKenzie, D. Wallwiener, R. Bicknell, and M. C. Rees, “Wnt-7a is upregulated by norethisterone in human endometrial epithelial cells: a possible mechanism by which progestogens reduce the risk of estrogen-induced endometrial neoplasia,” Cancer Letters, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 75–81, 2002.
- S. Li, T. C. Chiang, G. R. Davis, R. M. Williams, V. P. Wilson, and J. A. McLachlan, “Decreased expression of Wnt7a mRNA is inversely associated with the expression of estrogen receptor-α in human uterine leiomyoma,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 454–457, 2001.