- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 213689, 6 pages
Umbilical Coiling Index as a Marker of Perinatal Outcome: An Analytical Study
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry, No.3, E-Type Quarters, JIPMER Campus, India
Received 4 August 2011; Accepted 30 September 2011
Academic Editor: William A. Grobman
Copyright © 2012 T. Chitra et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. D. Chaurasia and B. M. Agarwal, “Helical structure of the human umbilical cord,” Acta Anatomica, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 226–230, 1979.
- R. V. Lacro, K. L. Jones, and K. Benirschke, “The umbilical cord twist: origin, direction, and relevance,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 157, no. 4, pp. 833–838, 1987.
- H. W. Edmonds, “The spiral twist of the normal umbilical cord in twins and in singletons,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 102–120, 1954.
- T. H. Strong Jr., J. P. Elliott, and T. G. Radin, “Non-coiled umbilical blood vessels: a new marker for the fetus at risk,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 409–411, 1993.
- J. Rana, G. A. Ebert, and K. A. Kappy, “Adverse perinatal outcome in patients with an abnormal umbilical coiling index,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 573–577, 1995.
- M. Ezimokhai, D. E. E. Rizk, and L. Thomas, “Abnormal vascular coiling of the umbilical cord in gestational diabetes mellitus,” Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 209–214, 2001.
- T. Ercal, S. Laun, S. Altunyurt, U. Saygili, O. Cinar, and A. Mumcu, “Umbilical coiling index: is it a marker for fetus at risk?” The British Journal of Clinical Practice, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 254–256, 1996.
- M. W. M. De Laat, A. Franx, M. L. Bots, G. H. A. Visser, and P. G. J. Nikkels, “Umbilical coiling index in normal and complicated pregnancies,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 107, no. 5, pp. 1049–1055, 2006.
- M. Ezimokhai, D. E. E. Rizk, and L. Thomas, “Maternal risk factors for abnormal vascular coiling of the umbilical cord,” American Journal of Perinatology, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 441–446, 2000.
- S. Gupta, M. M. A. Faridi, and J. Krishnan, “Umbilical coiling index,” The Journal of Obstetrics & Ganecology of India, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 315–319, 2006.
- G. A. Machin, J. Ackermann, and E. Gilbert-Barness, “Abnormal umbilical cord coiling is associated with adverse perinatal outcomes,” Pediatric and Developmental Pathology, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 462–471, 2000.
- M. W. de Laat, E. D. van Alderen, A. Franx, G. H. Visser, M. L. Bots, and P. G. Nikkels, “The umbilical coiling index in complicated pregnancy,” European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 70, no. 12, pp. 93–100, 2006.
- M. Kashanian, A. Akbarian, and J. Kouhpayehzadeh, “The umbilical coiling index and adverse perinatal outcome,” International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics, vol. 95, pp. 8–13, 2006.
- M. W. M. De Laat, A. Franx, E. D. Van Alderen, P. G. J. Nikkels, and G. H. A. Visser, “The umbilical coiling index, a review of the literature,” Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 93–100, 2005.
- T. H. Strong, D. L. Jarles, J. S. Vega, and D. B. Feldman, “The umbilical coiling index,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 170, no. 1, part 1, pp. 29–32, 1994.
- L. Raio, F. Ghezzi, E. Di Naro, et al., “Prenatal diagnosis of a lean umbilical cord: a simple marker of the fetuses at risk,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 157–160, 1999.