- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 376251, 5 pages
Use of Surgisis for Treatment of Anterior and Posterior Vaginal Prolapse
1Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University, Adelaide, SA 5042, Australia
2Geralton Regional Hospital, 51-85 Shenton Street, Geralton, WA 6531, Australia
Received 19 August 2011; Accepted 24 November 2011
Academic Editor: Papa Petros
Copyright © 2012 Sara Armitage et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. K. Sand, S. Koduri, R. W. Lobel et al., “Prospective randomized trial of polyglactin 910 mesh to prevent recurrence of cystoceles and rectoceles,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 184, no. 7, pp. 1357–1364, 2001.
- A. M. Weber, M. D. Walters, M. R. Piedmonte, and L. A. Ballard, “Anterior colporrhaphy: a randomised trial of 3 surgical techniques,” American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 185, pp. 1299–1306, 2001.
- A. L. Olsen, V. J. Smith, J. O. Bergstrom, J. C. Colling, and A. L. Clark, “Epidemiology of surgically managed pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 501–506, 1997.
- B. Jacquetin and M. Cosson, “Complications of vaginal mesh: our experience,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 893–896, 2009.
- X. Jia, C. Glazener, G. Mowatt et al., “Efficacy and safety of using mesh or grafts in surgery for anterior and/or posterior vaginal wall prolapse: systematic review and meta-analysis,” An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 115, no. 11, pp. 1350–1361, 2008.
- E. C. Trabuco, C. J. Klingele, and J. B. Gebhart, “Xenograft use in reconstructive pelvic surgery: a review of the literature,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 555–563, 2007.
- C. Chaliha, U. Khalid, L. Campagna, G. A. Digesu, B. Ajay, and V. Khullar, “SIS graft for anterior vaginal wall prolapse repair—a case-controlled study,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 492–497, 2006.
- P. C. Feldner, R. A. Castro, L. A. Cipolotti, C. A. Delroy, M. G. F. Sartori, and M. J. B. C. Girão, “Anterior vaginal wall prolapse: a randomized controlled trial of SIS graft versus traditional colporrhaphy,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1057–1063, 2010.
- L. Mouritsen, M. Kronschnabl, and G. Lose, “Long-term results of vaginal repairs with and without xenograft reinforcement,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 467–473, 2010.
- R. I. Reid and K. Luo, “Site-specific prolapse surgery. II. Vaginal paravaginal repair augmented with either synthetic mesh or remodelling xenograft,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 601–609, 2011.
- R. C. Bump, A. Mattiasson, K. Bo et al., “The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 175, no. 1, pp. 10–17, 1996.
- B. T. Haylen, R. M. Freeman, S. E. Swift et al., “An International Urogynecological Association (IUGA) / International Continence Society (ICS) joint terminology and classification of the complications related directly to the insertion of prostheses (meshes, implants, tapes) & grafts in female pelvic floor surgery,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 3–15, 2011.
- R. Foon, P. Toozs-Hobson, and P. M. Latthe, “Adjuvant materials in anterior vaginal wall prolapse surgery: a systematic review of effectiveness and complications,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1697–1706, 2008.
- C. Maher, B. Feiner, K. Baessler, E. J. Adams, S. Hagen, and C. M. Glazener, “Surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse in women,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, vol. 4, Article ID CD004014, 2010.
- J. N. Nguyen, “The use of grafts for anterior vaginal prolapse repair: pros and cons,” Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 501–505, 2008.
- C. C. G. Chen, B. Ridgeway, and M. F. R. Paraiso, “Biologic grafts and synthetic meshes in pelvic reconstructive surgery,” Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 383–411, 2007.
- K. Griffis and D. S. Hale, “Grafts in pelvic reconstructive surgery,” Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 713–723, 2005.
- J. Hodde, “Extracellular matrix as a bioactive material for soft tissue reconstruction,” ANZ Journal of Surgery, vol. 76, no. 12, pp. 1096–1100, 2006.
- M. F. R. Paraiso, M. D. Barber, T. W. Muir, and M. D. Walters, “Rectocele repair: a randomised trial of three surgical techniques including graft augmentation,” American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 195, pp. 1762–1771, 2006.
- P. E. P. Petros, The Female Pelvic Floor: Function, Dysfunction and Management According to the Integral Theory, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2011.
- H. P. Dietz, V. Chantarasorn, and K. L. Shek, “Levator avulsion is a risk factor for cystocele recurrence,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 76–80, 2010.
- B. L. Shull, C. Bachofen, K. W. Coates, and T. J. Kuehl, “A transvaginal approach to repair of apical and other associated sites of pelvic organ prolapse with uterosacral ligaments,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 183, no. 6, pp. 1365–1374, 2000.