- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 485179, 17 pages
Circulating Unmetabolized Folic Acid: Relationship to Folate Status and Effect of Supplementation
The Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology/Toxicology and Nutrition Sciences, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X8
Received 12 August 2011; Accepted 25 October 2011
Academic Editor: Shannon Clark
Copyright © 2012 Carolyn Tam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Desiree Valera-Gran, Manuela Garcia de la Hera, Eva Maria Navarrete-Munoz, Ana Fernandez-Somoano, Adonina Tardon, Jordi Julvez, Joan Forns, Nerea Lertxundi, Jesus Maria Ibarluzea, Mario Murcia, Marisa Rebagliato, and Jesus Vioque, “Folic Acid Supplements During Pregnancy and Child Psychomotor Development After the First Year of Life,” Jama Pediatrics, vol. 168, no. 11, 2014.
- Elena Mantovani, Francesca Filippini, Renata Bortolus, and Massimo Franchi, “Folic Acid Supplementation and Preterm Birth: Results from Observational Studies,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- R. Jordan Price, Karen A. Lillycrop, and Graham C. Burdge, “Folic acid supplementation in vitro induces cell type–specific changes in BRCA1 and BRCA 2 mRNA expression, but does not alter DNA methylation of their promoters or DNA repair,” Nutrition Research, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 532–544, 2015.
- Tasfia Ahmed, Ilan Fellus, Jeremiah Gaudet, Amanda J. MacFarlane, Bénédicte Fontaine-Bisson, and Shannon Bainbridge, “Effect of folic acid on human trophoblast health and function in vitro,” Placenta, 2015.