- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 791248, 8 pages
Complications of Uterine Fibroids and Their Management, Surgical Management of Fibroids, Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy versus Hysterectomy, Haemorrhage, Adhesions, and Complications
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein, Campus Kiel, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Received 15 November 2011; Revised 18 January 2012; Accepted 8 February 2012
Academic Editor: Giovanni Scambia
Copyright © 2012 Liselotte Mettler et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Semm and L. Mettler, “Technical progress in pelvic surgery via operative laparoscopy,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 138, no. 2, pp. 121–127, 1980.
- P. P. Figdor, Philipp Bozzini: der Beginn der modernen Endoskopie : die Wiener und Frankfurter “Bozzini-Akte” und Publikationen der Jahre 1805 bis 1807, Endo-Press, 2002.
- H. J. Lindemann, “CO2-hysteroscopy today,” Endoscopy, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 94–100, 1979.
- S. Bettocchi, A. Di Spiezio Sardo, O. Ceci et al., “A new hysteroscopic technique for the preparation of partially intramural myomas in office setting (OPPIuM technique): a pilot study,” Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 748–754, 2009.
- F. D. Loffer, L. D. Bradley, A. I. Brill, et al., “Hysteroscopic fluid monitoring guidelines. The ad hoc committee on hysteroscopic training guidelines of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists,” The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 167–168, 2007.
- J. Cooper, et al., “A randomized, multicenter trial of safety and efficacy of the NovaSure system in the treatment of menorrhagia,” The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 418–428, 2002.
- A. Gallinat, “NovaSure impedance controlled system for endometrial ablation: three-year follow-up on 107 patients,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 191, no. 5, pp. 1585–1589, 2004.
- R. Campo, C. R. Molinas, L. Rombauts et al., “Prospective multicentre randomized controlled trial to evaluate factors influencing the success rate of office diagnostic hysteroscopy,” Human Reproduction, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 258–263, 2005.
- K. Wamsteker, M. H. Emanuel, and J. H. De Kruif, “Transcervical hysteroscopic resection of submucous fibroids for abnormal uterine bleeding: results regarding the degree of intramural extension,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 736–740, 1993.
- L. Mettler, Ed., Manual of New Hysterectomy Techniques, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, New Delhi, India, 2007.
- A. H. F. Barbour, On Vaginal Hysterectomy by Doyen’s Method: With Six Successful Cases, 1900, printed at Oliver and Boyd.
- M. De Falco, S. Staibano, M. Mascolo et al., “Leiomyoma pseudocapsule after pre-surgical treatment with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists: relationship between clinical features and immunohistochemical changes,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 44–47, 2009.
- D. Cohen, M. T. Mazur, M. A. Jozefczyk, and S. Z. A. Badawy, “Hyalinization and cellular changes in uterine leiomyomata after gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist therapy,” Journal of Reproductive Medicine for the Obstetrician and Gynecologist, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 377–380, 1994.
- V. Mais, S. Ajossa, S. Guerriero, M. Mascia, E. Solla, and G. B. Melis, “Laparoscopic versus abdominal myomectomy: a prospective, randomized trial to evaluate benefits in early outcome,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 174, no. 2, pp. 654–658, 1996.
- D. Faustin, H. Minkoff, and R. Schaffer, “Relationship of ultrasound findings after cesarean section to operative morbidity,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 195–198, 1985.
- R. Schnödewind, “Pelviskopische Behandlung und konsekutive Schwangerschaftsraten gutartiger Genitalerkrankungen mit Fokus auf Myome und Endometriose,” in Klinik für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe, pp. 1–130, Universitätsklinikum Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel, Germany, 2009.
- J. B. Dubuisson, C. Chapron, A. Fauconnier, and K. Babaki-Fard, “Laparoscopic myomectomy fertility results,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 943, pp. 269–275, 2001.
- J. B. Dubuisson, A. Fauconnier, C. Chapron, G. Kreiker, and C. Nørgaard, “Reproductive outcome after laparoscopic myomectomy in infertile women,” Journal of Reproductive Medicine for the Obstetrician and Gynecologist, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 23–30, 2000.
- S. Landi, A. Fiaccavento, R. Zaccoletti, F. Barbieri, R. Syed, and L. Minelli, “Pregnancy outcomes and deliveries after laparoscopic myomectomy,” Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 177–181, 2003.
- M. Malzoni, M. Rotondi, C. Perone et al., “Fertility after laparoscopic myomectomy of large uterine myomas: operative technique and preliminary results,” European Journal of Gynaecological Oncology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 79–82, 2003.
- J. Goldberg, L. Pereira, V. Berghella et al., “Pregnancy outcomes after treatment for fibromyomata: uterine artery embolization versus laparoscopic myomectomy,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 191, no. 1, pp. 18–21, 2004.
- A. Stubner, “Embolisation of uterine arteries or laparascopic uterine artery ligation as possible treatment of uterine leiomyoma,” Gynecological Surgery, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 69–76, 2004.
- C. H. Mwakirungu, “Laparoscopic myomectomy: does it have any advantages over conventional laparotomy?” World Journal of Laparoscopic Surgery, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 33–36, 2009.
- C. Chapron, A. Fauconnier, F. Goffinet, G. Bréart, and J. B. Dubuisson, “Laparoscopic surgery is not inherently dangerous for patients presenting with benign gynaecologic pathology. Results of a meta-analysis,” Human Reproduction, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1334–1342, 2002.
- A. Holzer, S. T. Jirecek, U. M. Illievich, J. Huber, and R. J. Wenzl, “Laparoscopic versus open myomectomy: a double-blind study to evaluate postoperative pain,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 102, no. 5, pp. 1480–1484, 2006.
- A. Rossetti, O. Sizzi, L. Soranna, F. Cucinelli, S. Mancuso, and A. Lanzone, “Long-term results of laparoscopic myomectomy: recurrence rate in comparison with abdominal myomectomy,” Human Reproduction, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 770–774, 2001.
- L. Mettler, T. Schollmeyer, E. Lehmann-Willenbrock, J. Dowaji, and A. Zavala, “Treatment of myomas by laparoscopic and laparotomic myomectomy and laparoscopic hysterectomy,” Minimally Invasive Therapy and Allied Technologies, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 58–64, 2004.
- L. Mettler, N. Ahmed-Ebbiary, and T. Schollmeyer, “Laparoscopic hysterectomy: challenges and limitations,” Minimally Invasive Therapy and Allied Technologies, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 145–159, 2005.
- L. Mettler, B. Sodhi, T. Schollmeyer, and P. Mangeshikar, “Ectopic pregnancy treatment by laparoscopy, a short glimpse,” Minimally Invasive Therapy and Allied Technologies, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 305–310, 2006.
- A. Gour and A. Zawiejska, “Hysteroscopy—current trends and challenges,” The Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of India, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 57–62, 2008.