- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 196709, 4 pages
Unattended Home Labor until Complete Cervical Dilatation Ending with Hospital Delivery: Analysis of 238 Pregnancies
Zekai Tahir Burak Women's Education and Research Hospital, 62000 Ankara, Turkey
Received 1 September 2012; Revised 21 December 2012; Accepted 29 January 2013
Academic Editor: Gian Carlo Di Renzo
Copyright © 2013 Ozlem Gun Eryilmaz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. E. Anderson and P. A. Murphy, “Outcomes of 11,788 planned home births attended by certified nurse-midwives. A retrospective descriptive study,” Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 483–492, 1995.
- T. A. Wiegers, M. J. N. C. Keirse, J. van der Zee, and G. A. H. Berghs, “Outcome of planned home and planned hospital births in low risk pregnancies: prospective study in midwifery practices in the Netherlands,” The British Medical Journal, vol. 313, no. 7068, pp. 1309–1313, 1996.
- P. A. Murphy and J. Fullerton, “Outcomes of intended home births in nurse-midwifery practice: a prospective descriptive study,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 461–470, 1998.
- G. Chamberlain, A. Wraight, and P. Crowley, “Birth at home,” The Practising Midwife, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 35–39, 1999.
- S. Anthony, S. E. Buitendijk, P. M. Offerhaus, P. van Dommelen, and K. M. van der Pal-De Bruin, “Maternal factors and the probability of a planned home birth,” BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 112, no. 6, pp. 748–753, 2005.
- K. C. Johnson and B. A. Daviss, “Outcomes of planned home births with certified professional midwives: large prospective study in North America,” The British Medical Journal, vol. 330, no. 7505, p. 1416, 2005.
- E. K. Hutton, A. H. Reitsma, and K. Kaufman, “Outcomes associated with planned home and planned hospital births in low-risk women attended by midwives in Ontario, Canada, 2003–2006: a retrospective cohort study,” Birth, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 180–189, 2009.
- P. Chhabra, A. K. Sharma, and K. A. Tupil, “Obstetric and neonatal outcomes in women who live in an urban resettlement area of Delhi, India: a cohort study,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 567–573, 2006.
- M. P. Amelink-Verburg, S. P. Verloove-Vanhorick, R. M. A. Hakkenberg, I. M. E. Veldhuijzen, J. Bennebroek Gravenhorst, and S. E. Buitendijk, “Evaluation of 280 000 cases in Dutch midwifery practices: a descriptive study,” BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 570–578, 2008.
- P. A. Janssen, L. Saxell, L. A. Page, M. C. Klein, R. M. Liston, and S. K. Lee, “Outcomes of planned home birth with registered midwife versus planned hospital birth with midwife or physician,” Canadian Medical Association Journal, vol. 181, no. 6-7, pp. 377–383, 2009.
- A. de Jonge, B. Y. van der Goes, A. C. J. Ravelli et al., “Perinatal mortality and morbidity in a nationwide cohort of 529 688 low-risk planned home and hospital births,” BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 116, no. 9, pp. 1177–1184, 2009.
- D. Boucher, C. Bennett, B. McFarlin, and R. Freeze, “Staying home to give birth: why women in the United States choose home birth,” Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 119–126, 2009.
- J. Davies, E. Hey, W. Reid, and G. Young, “Prospective regional study of planned home births,” The British Medical Journal, vol. 313, no. 7068, pp. 1302–1306, 1996.
- S. Fordham, “Women’s view of the place of confinement,” The British Journal of General Practice, vol. 47, no. 415, pp. 77–80, 1997.
- K. Kukulu and S. Öncel, “Factors influencing women's decision to have a home birth in rural Turkey,” Midwifery, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 32–38, 2009.
- C. Sakala and M. P. Corry, “Listening to mothers II reveals maternity care quality chasm,” Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 183–185, 2007.