- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 502357, 4 pages
The Cellient System for Paraffin Histology Can Be Combined with HPV Testing and Morphotyping the Vaginal Microbiome Thanks to BoonFixing
Leiden Cytology and Pathology Laboratory (LCPL), P.O. Box 16084, 2301 GB Leiden, The Netherlands
Received 6 September 2012; Accepted 25 December 2012
Academic Editor: Robert Coleman
Copyright © 2013 Mathilde E. Boon. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. G. Wagner, D. K. Russell, J. M. Benson, A. E. Schneider, R. S. Hoda, and T. A. Bonfiglio, “Cellient automated cell block versus traditional cell block preparation: a comparison of morphologic features and immunohistochemical staining,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 39, pp. 730–736, 2011.
- L. G. Koss and M. R. Melamed, Eds., Koss’ Diagnostic Cytology and Its Histopathologic Bases, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 5th edition, 2006.
- D. Solomon, D. Davey, R. Kurman et al., “The 2001 Bethesda System: terminology for reporting results of cervical cytology,” JAMA, vol. 287, no. 16, pp. 2114–2119, 2002.
- M. E. Boon, J. A. M. Dols, N. Butamanya, and G. Reid, “The Cellient system for cytohistology to analyze p16 positive dyskeratocytes in paraffin sections of HPV-positive cervical scrapes,” Journal of Analytical Oncology, vol. 1, pp. 88–94, 2012.
- B. Kleter, L. J. Van Doorn, L. Schrauwen et al., “Development and clinical evaluation of a highly sensitive PCR-reverse hybridization line probe assay for detection and identification of anogenital human papillomavirus,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 2508–2517, 1999.
- J. A. M. Dols, G. Reid, R. Kort et al., “PCR-based identification of eight Lactobacillus species and 18 hr-HPV genotypes in fixed cervical samples of South African women at risk of HIV and BV,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 40, pp. 472–477, 2012.
- M. E. Boon and A. J. H. Suurmeijer, The Pap Smeared, Harwood Academic, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 3rd edition, 1996.
- M. E. Boon, E. Ouwerkerk-Noordam, A. J. H. Suurmeijer, and L. P. Kok, “Diagnostic parameters in liquid-based cervical cytology using a coagulant suspension fixative,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 513–519, 2005.
- M. E. Boon and L. P. Kok, “Theory and practice of combining coagulant fixation and microwave histoprocessing,” Biotechnic and Histochemistry, vol. 83, no. 6, pp. 261–277, 2008.
- M. E. Boon and L. P. Kok, Microwave Cookbook of Pathology: The Art of Microscopic Visualization, Coulomb Press Leyden, Leiden, The Netherlands, 1987.
- L. P. Kok and M. E. Boon, Microwaves for the Art of Microscopy, Coulomb Press Leyden, Leiden, The Netherlands, 4th edition, 2003.
- E. K. J. Risse, E. Ouwerkerk-Noordam, E. M. Meijer-Marres, and M. E. Boon, “Exploiting the residual of cervical thin layer brush samples through cytohistology in cases with invasive carcinoma with application of antibodies,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 175–182, 2010.
- A. P. F. Lambert, F. Anschau, and V. M. Schmitt, “p16INK4A expression in cervical premalignant and malignant lesions,” Experimental and Molecular Pathology, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 192–196, 2006.
- N. Missaoui, S. Hmissa, L. Frappart et al., “p16INK4A overexpression and HPV infection in uterine cervix adenocarcinoma,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 448, no. 5, pp. 597–603, 2006.
- T. Yoshida, T. Fukuda, T. Sano, T. Kanuma, N. Owada, and T. Nakajima, “Usefulness of liquid-based cytology specimens for the immunocytochemical study of p16INK4a expression and human papillomavirus testing: a comparative study using simultaneously sampled histology materials,” Cancer, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 100–108, 2004.
- M. T. Galgano, P. E. Castle, K. A. Atkins, W. K. Brix, S. R. Nassau, and M. H. Stoler, “Using Biomarkers as objective standards in the diagnosis of cervical biopsies,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1077–1087, 2010.
- J. A. M. Dols, G. Reid, J. M. Brown et al., “HPV type distribution and cervical cytology among HIV-positive African women,” ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 2012, Article ID 514146, 5 pages, 2012.