- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 745159, 10 pages
Cervical Ripening in The Netherlands: A Survey
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, MC Haaglanden, 2512 VA The Hague, The Netherlands
2Department of Obstetrics, K6-P-35, Leiden University Medical Center, P.O. Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ikazia Hospital, 3008 AA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Amsterdam Medical Center, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Received 20 November 2012; Accepted 28 May 2013
Academic Editor: William A. Grobman
Copyright © 2013 Claartje M. A. Huisman et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Nederland SPR, “Perinatale zorg in Nederland 2007,” Stichting Perinatale Registratie Nederland, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 2007.
- E. H. Bishop, “Pelvic scoring for elective induction,” Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 24, pp. 266–268, 1964.
- ACOG Committee on Practice Bulletins—Obstetrics, “ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 107: induction of Labor,” Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 114, no. 2, part 1, pp. 386–397, 2009.
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Obsterie en Gynaecologie, Richtlijn Inductie van de Baring, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 2006.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Birth after Previous Caesarean Birth. Green-Top Guideline Number 45, RCOG Press, London, UK, 2007.
- SOGC Clinical Practice Guidelines, “Guidelines for vaginal birth after previous caesarean birth. Number 155,” International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 319–331, 2005.
- A. Kwee, M. L. Bots, G. H. A. Visser, and H. W. Bruinse, “Obstetric management and outcome of pregnancy in women with a history of caesarean section in the Netherlands,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 132, no. 2, pp. 171–176, 2007.
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Obstetrie en Gynaecologie, Richtlijn Zwangerschap en Bevalling na een Voorgaande Sectio Caesarea, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 2010.
- M. Lydon-Rochelle, V. L. Holt, T. R. Easterling, and D. P. Martin, “Risk of uterine rupture during labor among women with a prior cesarean delivery,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 345, no. 1, pp. 3–8, 2001.
- “ACOG Practice Bulletin #54: vaginal birth after previous cesarean,” Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 203–212, 2004.
- M. B. Landon, J. C. Hauth, K. J. Leveno et al., “Maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean delivery,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 351, no. 25, pp. 2581–2589, 2004.
- D. J. Ravasia, S. L. Wood, and J. K. Pollard, “Uterine rupture during induced trial of labor among women with previous cesarean delivery,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 183, no. 5, pp. 1176–1179, 2000.
- E. Bujold, S. C. Blackwell, and R. J. Gauthier, “Cervical ripening with transcervical Foley catheter and the risk of uterine rupture,” Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 18–23, 2004.
- M. Reijers, M. G. K. Dijksterhuis, and J. W. de Leeuw, “Hoe leidt Nederland in?” Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Obstetrie en Gynaecologie, vol. 122, pp. 142–145, 2009.
- M. Jozwiak, K. O. Rengerink, M. Benthem et al., “Foley catheter versus vaginal prostaglandin E2 gel for induction of labour at term (PROBAAT trial): an open-label, randomised controlled trial,” The Lancet, vol. 378, no. 9809, pp. 2095–2103, 2011.
- P. Gupta, A. Elmardi, U. Bathula, S. Chandru, and D. Charlesworth, “Induction of labour in women with one previous caesarean section,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 131–133, 2011.
- J. Dodd and C. A. Crowther, “Vaginal birth after Caesarean section: a survey of practice in Australia and New Zealand,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 226–231, 2003.
- Y. Brill, J. Kingdom, J. Thomas et al., “The management of VBAC at term: a survey of Canadian obstetricians,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 300–310, 2003.
- Z. Vaknin, Y. Kurzweil, and D. Sherman, “Foley catheter balloon vs locally applied prostaglandins for cervical ripening and labor induction: a systematic review and metaanalysis,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 203, no. 5, pp. 418–429, 2010.
- J. D. Rozich, R. J. Howard, J. M. Justeson, P. D. Macken, M. E. Lindsay, and R. K. Resar, “Standardization as a mechanism to improve safety in health care,” Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Safety, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 5–14, 2004.
- J. C. Pham, M. S. Aswani, M. Rosen et al., “Reducing medical errors and adverse events,” Annual Review of Medicine, vol. 63, pp. 447–463, 2012.
- D. H. Kirkpatrick and R. T. Burkman, “Does standardization of care through clinical guidelines improve outcomes and reduce medical liability?” Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 116, no. 5, pp. 1022–1026, 2010.
- J. P. de Graaf, A. C. J. Ravelli, G. H. A. Visser et al., “Increased adverse perinatal outcome of hospital delivery at night,” BJOG, vol. 117, no. 9, pp. 1098–1107, 2010.
- J. J. Zwart, J. M. Richters, F. Öry, J. I. P. de Vries, K. W. M. Bloemenkamp, and J. van Roosmalen, “Uterine rupture in the Netherlands: a nationwide population-based cohort study,” BJOG, vol. 116, no. 8, pp. 1069–1078, 2009.
- M. B. Landon, S. Leindecker, C. Y. Spong et al., “The MFMU Cesarean Registry: factors affecting the success of trial of labor after previous cesarean delivery,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 193, no. 3, pp. 1016–1023, 2005.
- A. Kwee, M. L. Bots, G. H. A. Visser, and H. W. Bruinse, “Uterine rupture and its complications in the Netherlands: a prospective study,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 128, no. 1-2, pp. 257–261, 2006.
- S. I. Kayani and Z. Alfirevic, “Induction of labour with previous caesarean delivery: where do we stand?” Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 636–641, 2006.