- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 185867, 14 pages
The Antioxidant Effects of a Polyphenol-Rich Grape Pomace Extract In Vitro Do Not Correspond In Vivo Using Exercise as an Oxidant Stimulus
1Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, University of Thessaly, 41221 Larissa, Greece
2Department of Physical Education and Sports Science at Serres, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Agios Ioannis, 62110 Serres, Greece
3Division of Pharmacognosy and Natural Products Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis Zografou, 15771 Athens, Greece
Received 22 January 2012; Accepted 26 March 2012
Academic Editor: Chad M. Kerksick
Copyright © 2012 Aristidis S. Veskoukis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ivo Juránek, Dragana Nikitovic, Dimitrios Kouretas, A. Wallace Hayes, and Aristidis M. Tsatsakis, “Biological importance of reactive oxygen species in relation to difficulties of treating pathologies involving oxidative stress by exogenous antioxidants,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2013.
- P. F. Surai, “Polyphenol compounds in the chicken/animal diet: from the past to the future,” Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition, 2013.
- Lisa S. McAnulty, Lindsey E. Miller, Peter A. Hosick, Alan C. Utter, John C. Quindry, and Steven R. McAnulty, “Effect of resveratrol and quercetin supplementation on redox status and inflammation after exercise,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, pp. 760–765, 2013.
- Dietmar R. Kammerer, Judith Kammerer, Regine Valet, and Reinhold Carle, “Recovery of Polyphenols from the By-products of Plant Food Processing and Application as Valuable Food Ingredients,” Food Research International, 2014.
- Kyohei Ishida, Yosuke Kishi, Kazato Oishi, Hiroyuki Hirooka, and Hajime Kumagai, “Effects of feeding polyphenol-rich winery wastes on digestibility, nitrogen utilization, ruminal fermentation, antioxidant status and oxidative stress in wethers,” Animal Science Journal, 2014.
- N. Goutzourelas, D. Stagos, N. Demertzis, P. Mavridou, H. Karterolioti, S. Georgadakis, E. Kerasioti, N. Aligiannis, L. Skaltsounis, A. Statiri, A. Tsioutsiouliti, A. M. Tsatsakis, A. W. Hayes, and D. Kouretas, “Effects of polyphenolic grape extract on the oxidative status of muscle and endothelial cells,” Human & Experimental Toxicology, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 1099–1112, 2014.
- Vasiliki G. Sapanidou, Ioannis Margaritis, Nektarios Siahos, Konstantinos Arsenopoulos, Eleni Dragatidou, Ioannis A. Taitzoglou, Ioannis A. Zervos, Alexandros Theodoridis, and Maria P. Tsantarliotou, “Antioxidant effect of a polyphenol-rich grape pomace extract on motility, viability and lipid peroxidation of thawed bovine spermatozoa,” Journal Of Biological Research-Thessaloniki, vol. 21, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Nikos V. Margaritelis, Aristidis S. Veskoukis, Vassilis Paschalis, Ioannis S. Vrabas, Konstantina Dipla, Andreas Zafeiridis, Antonios Kyparos, and Michalis G. Nikolaidis, “Blood reflects tissue oxidative stress: a systematic review,” Biomarkers, pp. 1–12, 2015.
- Benhong Zhou, Huilan Yi, Jun Tan, Yue Wu, Gang Liu, and Zhenpeng Qiu, “ Anti-Proliferative Effects of Polyphenols from Pomegranate Rind ( Punica granatum L.) on EJ Bladder Cancer Cells Via Regulation of p53/miR-34a Axis ,” Phytotherapy Research, 2015.