- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 282438, 12 pages
Nuclear and Mitochondrial DNA Repair in Selected Eukaryotic Aging Model Systems
1Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, The Complutense University, Plaza Ramón y Cajal s/n., 28040 Madrid, Spain
2Danish Center for Aging Research, Danish Center for Molecular Gerontology, and Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University, C.F. Møellers Allé 3, Building 1130, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Received 1 July 2012; Accepted 26 August 2012
Academic Editor: Heinz D. Osiewacz
Copyright © 2012 Ricardo Gredilla et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Haiqi Lu, Guangliang Li, Leiming Liu, Lifeng Feng, Xian Wang, and Hongchuan Jin, “Regulation and function of mitophagy in development and cancer,” Autophagy, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 1720–1736, 2013.
- Erlend A. Nagelhus, Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam, Linda H. Bergersen, Jan G. Bjaalie, Jens Eriksson, Vidar Gundersen, Trygve B. Leergaard, J. Preben Morth, Jon Storm-Mathisen, Reidun Torp, Kristine B. Walhovd, and Tone Tønjum, “The glia doctrine: Addressing the role of glial cells in healthy brain ageing,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, 2013.
- Victor Missirian, Phillip A. Conklin, Kevin M. Culligan, Neil D. Huefner, and Anne B. Britt, “High atomic weight, high-energy radiation (HZE) induces transcriptional responses shared with conventional stresses in addition to a core â€œDSBâ€ response specific to clastogenic treatments,” Frontiers in Plant Science, vol. 5, 2014.
- Joy Mitra, Erika Guerrero, Pavana Hegde, Haibo Wang, Istvan Boldogh, Kosagi Rao, Sankar Mitra, and Muralidhar Hegde, “New Perspectives on Oxidized Genome Damage and Repair Inhibition by Pro-Oxidant Metals in Neurological Diseases,” Biomolecules, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 678–703, 2014.
- Azhub I. Gaziev, Serzh Abdullaev, and Andrej Podlutsky, “Mitochondrial function and mitochondrial DNA maintenance with advancing age,” Biogerontology, 2014.
- Alexander T. Akhmedov, and José Marín-García, “Mitochondrial DNA maintenance: an appraisal,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 2015.
- Yuliya Mikhed, Andreas Daiber, and Sebastian Steven, “Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress, Mitochondrial DNA Damage and Their Role in Age-Related Vascular Dysfunction,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 15918–15953, 2015.
- Hae-Ok Byun, Young-Kyoung Lee, Jeong-Min Kim, and Gyesoon Yoon, “From cell senescence to age-related diseases: differential mechanisms of action of senescence-associated secretory phenotypes,” Bmb Reports, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 549–558, 2015.
- Ewelina Synowiec, Grazyna Hoser, Jolanta Bialkowska-Warzecha, Elzbieta Pawlowska, Tomasz Skorski, and Janusz Blasiak, “Doxorubicin Differentially Induces Apoptosis, Expression of Mitochondrial Apoptosis-Related Genes, and Mitochondrial Potential in BCR-ABL1-Expressing Cells Sensitive and Resistant to Imatinib,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.