- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 349710, 13 pages
Exercise in the Metabolic Syndrome
1Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
2Physiology Research Center, Kashan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Kashan 87155/111, Iran
Received 27 March 2012; Accepted 13 May 2012
Academic Editor: Steve R. McAnulty
Copyright © 2012 Saeid Golbidi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ping-Ping Bao, Ying Zheng, Sarah Nechuta, Kai Gu, Hui Cai, Peng Peng, Xiao-Ou Shu, and Wei Lu, “Exercise after diagnosis and metabolic syndrome among breast cancer survivors: a report from the Shanghai Breast Cancer Survival Study,” Cancer Causes & Control, 2013.
- Fernanda R. Roque, Raquel Hernanz, Mercedes Salaices, and Ana M. Briones, “Exercise Training and Cardiometabolic Diseases: Focus on the Vascular System,” Current Hypertension Reports, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 204–214, 2013.
- Rosaria Acquaviva, Claudia Di Giacomo, Luca Vanella, Rosa Santangelo, Valeria Sorrenti, Ignazio Barbagallo, Carlo Genovese, Silvana Mastrojeni, Salvatore Ragusa, and Liliana Iauk, “Antioxidant Activity of Extracts of Momordica Foetida Schumach. et Thonn.,” Molecules, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 3241–3249, 2013.
- David R. Seaman, “Weight gain as a consequence of living a modern lifestyle: A discussion of barriers to effective weight control and how to overcome them,” Journal of Chiropractic Humanities, 2013.
- Douglas P. Millay, and Eric N. Olson, “Making Muscle or Mitochondria by Selective Splicing of PGC-1α,” Cell Metabolism, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 3–4, 2013.
- Carmine Finelli, “What about non-alcoholic fatty liver disease as a new criterion to define m etabolic syndrome?,” World Journal Of Gastroenterology, vol. 19, no. 22, pp. 3375–3384, 2013.
- Ho Kwon Yoo, Eun Young Choi, Eal Whan Park, Yoo-Seock Cheong, and Ri Ah Bae, “Comparison of Metabolic Characteristics of Metabolically Healthy but Obese (MHO) Middle-Aged Men According to Different Criteria,” Korean Journal of Family Medicine, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 19, 2013.
- A. F. Adeniyi, A. E. Uloko, O. O. Ogwumike, A. O. Sanya, and A. A. Fasanmade, “Time Course of Improvement of Metabolic Parameters after a 12 Week Physical Exercise Programme in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: The Influence of Gender in a Nigerian Population,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Saeid Golbidi, and Ismail Laher, “Exercise and the Aging Endothelium,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Nayara de Carvalho Leite, Thiago Rentz Ferreira, Sarah Rickli, Patricia Cristine Borck, Paulo Cezar de Freitas Mathias, Henriette Rosa de Oliveira Emilio, and Sabrina Grassiolli, “Glycolytic and Mitochondrial Metabolism in Pancreatic Islets from MSG-Treat ed Obese Rats Subjected to Swimming Training,” Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 31, no. 2-3, pp. 242–256, 2013.
- Jeena John, Sina Kavalakatt, Abdelkrim Khadir, Said Dermime, Preethi Cherian, Samia Warsame, Mohamed Abu-Farha, Fahad Al-Ghimlas, Irina Al-Khairi, Jehad Abubaker, Kazem Behbehani, Ali Tiss, Engin Baturcam, Naser Elkum, and Maha Hammad, “DNAJB3/HSP-40 Cochaperone Is Downregulated in Obese Humans and Is Restored by Physical Exercise,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.