- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 349710, 13 pages
Exercise in the Metabolic Syndrome
1Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
2Physiology Research Center, Kashan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Kashan 87155/111, Iran
Received 27 March 2012; Accepted 13 May 2012
Academic Editor: Steve R. McAnulty
Copyright © 2012 Saeid Golbidi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ping-Ping Bao, Ying Zheng, Sarah Nechuta, Kai Gu, Hui Cai, Peng Peng, Xiao-Ou Shu, and Wei Lu, “Exercise after diagnosis and metabolic syndrome among breast cancer survivors: a report from the Shanghai Breast Cancer Survival Study,” Cancer Causes & Control, 2013.
- David R. Seaman, “Body mass index and musculoskeletal pain: Is there a connection?,” Chiropractic and Manual Therapies, vol. 21, no. 1, 2013.
- Rosaria Acquaviva, Claudia Di Giacomo, Luca Vanella, Rosa Santangelo, Valeria Sorrenti, Ignazio Barbagallo, Carlo Genovese, Silvana Mastrojeni, Salvatore Ragusa, and Liliana Iauk, “Antioxidant Activity of Extracts of Momordica Foetida Schumach. et Thonn.,” Molecules, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 3241–3249, 2013.
- Fernanda R. Roque, Raquel Hernanz, Mercedes Salaices, and Ana M. Briones, “Exercise Training and Cardiometabolic Diseases: Focus on the Vascular System,” Current Hypertension Reports, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 204–214, 2013.
- Nasheeta Peer, Krisela Steyn, Carl Lombard, Nomonde Gwebushe, and Naomi Levitt, “A High Burden of Hypertension in the Urban Black Population of Cape Town: The Cardiovascular Risk in Black South Africans (CRIBSA) Study,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Chia-Ling Chang, Po-Tseng Lee, Wei-Ting Chang, Chin-Sung Chang, Jyh-Hong Chen, Liang-Miin Tsai, Chih-Hsing Wu, and Ping-Yen Liu, “The interplay between inflammation, physical activity and metabolic syndrome in a remote male geriatric community in Southern Taiwan: the Tianliao Old People (TOP) study 03,” Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, vol. 5, 2013.
- David R. Seaman, “Weight gain as a consequence of living a modern lifestyle: A discussion of barriers to effective weight control and how to overcome them,” Journal of Chiropractic Humanities, 2013.
- Douglas P. Millay, and Eric N. Olson, “Making Muscle or Mitochondria by Selective Splicing of PGC-1α,” Cell Metabolism, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 3–4, 2013.
- Nayara de Carvalho Leite, Thiago Rentz Ferreira, Sarah Rickli, Patricia Cristine Borck, Paulo Cezar de Freitas Mathias, Henriette Rosa de Oliveira Emilio, and Sabrina Grassiolli, “Glycolytic and Mitochondrial Metabolism in Pancreatic Islets from MSG-Treated Obese Rats Subjected to Swimming Training,” Cellular Physiology And Biochemistry, vol. 31, no. 2-3, pp. 242–256, 2013.
- Hidetaka Hamasaki, Hidekatsu Yanai, Shuichi Mishima, Tomoka Mineyama, Ritsuko Yamamoto-Honda, Masafumi Kakei, Osamu Ezaki, and Mitsuhiko Noda, “Correlations of non-exercise activity thermogenesis to metabolic parameters in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes,” Diabetology and Metabolic Syndrome, vol. 5, no. 1, 2013.
- A. F. Adeniyi, A. E. Uloko, O. O. Ogwumike, A. O. Sanya, and A. A. Fasanmade, “Time Course of Improvement of Metabolic Parameters after a 12 Week Physical Exercise Programme in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: The Influence of Gender in a Nigerian Population,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Saeid Golbidi, and Ismail Laher, “Exercise and the Aging Endothelium,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Jeena John, Sina Kavalakatt, Abdelkrim Khadir, Said Dermime, Preethi Cherian, Samia Warsame, Mohamed Abu-Farha, Fahad Al-Ghimlas, Irina Al-Khairi, Mohammed Dehbi, Jehad Abubaker, Kazem Behbehani, Ali Tiss, Engin Baturcam, Naser Elkum, and Maha Hammad, “DNAJB3/HSP-40 Cochaperone Is Downregulated in Obese Humans and Is Restored by Physical Exercise,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- Giovanni Tarantino, and Carmine Finelli, “What about non-alcoholic fatty liver disease as a new criterion to define metabolic syndrome?,” World Journal Of Gastroenterology, vol. 19, no. 22, pp. 3375–3384, 2013.
- Ho Kwon Yoo, Eun Young Choi, Eal Whan Park, Yoo-Seock Cheong, and Ri Ah Bae, “Comparison of Metabolic Characteristics of Metabolically Healthy but Obese (MHO) Middle-Aged Men According to Different Criteria,” Korean Journal of Family Medicine, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 19, 2013.
- Min-Sun Kwak, Donghee Kim, Goh Eun Chung, Won Kim, Yoon Jun Kim, and Jung-Hwan Yoon, “Role of physical activity in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in terms of visceral obesity and insulin resistance,” Liver International, 2014.