- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 356301, 4 pages
Decrease of Total Antioxidative Capacity in Developed Low Cardiac Output Syndrome
1Özel Yaşam Hastanesi Life Hospital, Antalya, Turkey
2Özel Çekirge Kalp ve Artimi Hastanesi, Bursa, Turkey
Received 23 June 2012; Accepted 14 October 2012
Academic Editor: Manikandan Panchatcharam
Copyright © 2012 Alper Sami Kunt and Mehmet Halit Andac. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. S. Dhalla, A. B. Elmoselhi, T. Hata, and N. Makino, “Status of myocardial antioxidants in ischemia-reperfusion injury,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 446–456, 2000.
- K. K. Griendling and R. W. Alexander, “Oxidative stress and cardiovascular disease,” Circulation, vol. 96, no. 10, pp. 3264–3265, 1997.
- P. Kaplán, J. Lehotský, and P. Račay, “Role of sarcoplasmic reticulum in the contractile dysfunction during myocardial ischaemia and reperfusion,” Physiological Research, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 333–339, 1997.
- A. B. Elmoselhi, A. Lukas, P. Ostadal, and N. S. Dhalla, “Preconditioning attenuates ischemia-reperfusion-induced remodeling of Na+-K+-ATPase in hearts,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 285, no. 3, pp. H1055–H1063, 2003.
- S. Suzuki, M. Kaneko, D. C. Chapman, and N. S. Dhalla, “Alterations in cardiac contractile proteins due to oxygen free radicals,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1074, no. 1, pp. 95–100, 1991.
- O. Erel, “A novel automated method to measure total antioxidant response against potent free radical reactions,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 112–119, 2004.
- O. Erel, “A novel automated direct measurement method for total antioxidant capacity using a new generation, more stable ABTS radical cation,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 277–285, 2004.
- V. Rao, J. Ivanov, R. D. Weisel, G. Cohen, M. A. Borger, and D. A. G. Mickle, “Lactate release during reperfusion predicts low cardiac output syndrome after coronary bypass surgery,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 71, no. 6, pp. 1925–1930, 2001.
- M. Harma, M. Harma, and O. Erel, “Measurement of the total antioxidant response in preeclampsia with a novel automated method,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 47–51, 2005.
- P. Biglioli, A. Cannata, F. Alamanni et al., “Biological effects of off-pump versus on-pump coronary artery surgery: focus on inflammation, hemostasis and oxidative stress,” European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 260–269, 2003.
- L. Hadjinikolaou, C. Alexiou, A. S. Cohen, R. D. L. Standbridge, A. J. McColl, and W. Richmond, “Early changes in plasma antioxidant and lipid peroxidation levels following coronary artery bypass surgery: a complex response,” European Journal of Cardio-thoracic Surgery, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 969–975, 2003.
- S. Persad, V. Panagia, and N. S. Dhalla, “Role of H2O2 in changing β-adrenoceptor and adenylyl cyclase in ischemia-reperfused hearts,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 186, no. 1-2, pp. 99–106, 1998.
- R. Ferrari, L. Agnoletti, L. Comini et al., “Oxidative stress during myocardial ischaemia and heart failure,” European Heart Journal, vol. 19, pp. B2–B11, 1998.