- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 407978, 3 pages
Redox Biology of Exercise
1Department of Physical Education and Sports Science at Serres, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 62110 Serres, Greece
2Department of Health, Exercise and Sport Sciences, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
3Centre for Physiological Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Harrachgasse 21/II, 8010 Graz, Austria
4Department of Health, Leisure, and Exercise Science, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC 28608, USA
Received 26 August 2012; Accepted 26 August 2012
Copyright © 2012 Michalis G. Nikolaidis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Banerjee and W. Smith, “Thematic minireview series on redox sensing and regulation,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 287, no. 7, pp. 4395–4396, 2012.
- R. Bottinelli and H. Westerblad, “Reactive oxygen and nitrogen species in skeletal muscle: acute and long-term effects,” Journal of Physiology, vol. 589, no. 9, pp. 2117–2118, 2011.
- P. C. Dorrestein and K. S. Carroll, “'Omics' of natural products and redox biology,” Current Opinion in Chemical Biology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 3–4, 2011.
- C. Horst Lillig and C. Berndt, “Preface to the special issue on redox control of cell function,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1780, no. 11, p. 1169, 2008.
- M. B. Reid, “Editorial,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 1299–1300, 2007.
- H. J. Forman, M. Maiorino, and F. Ursini, “Signaling functions of reactive oxygen species,” Biochemistry, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 835–842, 2010.
- J. Stubbe and W. A. Van Der Donk, “Protein radicals in enzyme catalysis. [Chemical Reviews 1998, 98, 705–762],” Chemical Reviews, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 2661–2662, 1998.
- W. Lesniak, V. L. Pecoraro, and J. Schacht, “Ternary complexes of gentamicin with iron and lipid catalyze formation of reactive oxygen species,” Chemical Research in Toxicology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 357–364, 2005.
- M. Valko, D. Leibfritz, J. Moncol, M. T. D. Cronin, M. Mazur, and J. Telser, “Free radicals and antioxidants in normal physiological functions and human disease,” International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 44–84, 2007.
- J. Herrmann and D. Tobias, “Redox biology on the rise,” Biological Chemistry, vol. 393, no. 9, pp. 999–1004, 2012.