- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 458276, 15 pages
Therapeutic Targeting of Redox Signaling in Myofibroblast Differentiation and Age-Related Fibrotic Disease
1Department of Experimental Urology, Medical University of Innsbruck, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
2Institute for Biomedical Aging Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Received 29 June 2012; Accepted 18 September 2012
Academic Editor: Paula Ludovico
Copyright © 2012 Natalie Sampson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Pedro Cisternas, Juan P. Henriquez, Enrique Brandan, and Nibaldo C. Inestrosa, “Wnt Signaling in Skeletal Muscle Dynamics: Myogenesis, Neuromuscular Synapse and Fibrosis,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2013.
- Andrea Dueregger, Fabian Guggenberger, Jan Barthelmes, Günther Stecher, Markus Schuh, Daniel Intelmann, Gudrun Abel, Jutta Haunschild, Helmut Klocker, Reinhold Ramoner, and Natalie Sampson, “Attenuation of nucleoside and anti-cancer nucleoside analog drug uptake in prostate cancer cells by Cimicifuga racemosa extract BNO-1055,” Phytomedicine, 2013.
- Alessandro Siani, and Nicola Tirelli, “Myofibroblast differentiation: main features, biomedical relevance and the role of Reactive Oxygen Species,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, pp. 131126162643002, 2013.
- Olubukola Babalola, Andrew Mamalis, Hadar Lev-Tov, and Jared Jagdeo, “NADPH oxidase enzymes in skin fibrosis: molecular targets and therapeutic agents,” Archives of Dermatological Research, vol. 306, no. 4, pp. 313–330, 2013.
- Martin Hermann, Eugen Plas, Helmut Klocker, Peter Berger, Georg Schaefer, Natalie Sampson, Christoph Zenzmaier, and Martin Heitz, “Stromal Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein 3 (IGFBP3) Is Elevated in the Diseased Human Prostate and Promotes ex Vivo Fibroblast-to-Myofibroblast Differentiation,” Endocrinology, vol. 154, no. 8, pp. 2586–2599, 2013.
- Yueh-Te Lin, Jhih-Sian Chen, Ming-Heng Wu, I-Shan Hsieh, Chen-Hsien Liang, Cheng-Lung Hsu, Tse-Ming Hong, and Yuh-Ling Chen, “Galectin-1 Accelerates Wound Healing by Regulating the Neuropilin-1/Smad3/NOX4 Pathway and ROS Production in Myofibroblasts,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 2014.
- Zhi-Wei Ye, Jie Zhang, Danyelle M. Townsend, and Kenneth D. Tew, “Oxidative Stress, Redox Regulation and Diseases of Cellular Differentiation,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, 2014.
- Anjali Shroff, Andrew Mamalis, and Jared Jagdeo, “Oxidative Stress and Skin Fibrosis,” Current Pathobiology Reports, 2014.
- Fan Jiang, Guei-Sheung Liu, Gregory J. Dusting, and Elsa C. Chan, “NADPH oxidase-dependent redox signaling in TGF-β-mediated fibrotic responses,” Redox Biology, 2014.
- Fan Jiang, Guei-Sheung Liu, Gregory J. Dusting, and Elsa C. Chan, “NADPH oxidase-dependent redox signaling in TGF-beta-mediated fibrotic responses,” Redox Biology, vol. 2, pp. 267–272, 2014.
- Natalie Sampson, Peter Berger, and Christoph Zenzmaier, “Redox Signaling as a Therapeutic Target to Inhibit Myofibroblast Activation in Degenerative Fibrotic Disease,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.
- Christoph Zenzmaier, Johann Kern, Martin Heitz, Eugen Plas, Werner Zwerschke, Monika Mattesich, Peter Sandner, and Peter Berger, “Activators and stimulators of soluble guanylate cyclase counteract myofibroblast differentiation of prostatic and dermal stromal cells,” Experimental Cell Research, 2015.
- Abdelouahid Elkhattouti, Mohamed Hassan, and Christian R. Gomez, “Stromal Fibroblast in Age-Related Cancer: Role in Tumorigenesis and Potential as Novel Therapeutic Target,” Frontiers in Oncology, vol. 5, 2015.
- Christian Beyer, Christoph Zenzmaier, Katrin Palumbo-Zerr, Rossella Mancuso, Alfiya Distler, Clara Dees, Pawel Zerr, Jingang Huang, Christiane Maier, Milena L. Pachowsky, Andreas Friebe, Peter Sandner, Oliver Distler, Georg Schett, Peter Berger, and Joerg H. W. Distler, “Stimulation of the soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC) inhibits fibrosis by blocking non-canonical TGF beta signalling,” Annals Of The Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 1408–1416, 2015.
- Tracy R. Luckhardt, and Victor J. Thannickal, “Systemic sclerosis-associated fibrosis,” Current Opinion in Rheumatology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 571–576, 2015.
- Marta Fierro-Fernández, Verónica Miguel, and Santiago Lamas, “Role of RedoximiRs in fibrogenesis,” Redox Biology, 2015.
- Pawel Olczyk, Łukasz Mencner, and Katarzyna Komosinska-Vassev, “Diverse Roles of Heparan Sulfate and Heparin in Wound Repair,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–7, 2015.