- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 601836, 8 pages
Yeast Colonies: A Model for Studies of Aging, Environmental Adaptation, and Longevity
1Institute of Microbiology of the ASCR, v.v.i., 142 20 Prague 4, Czech Republic
2Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague, 128 44 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Received 1 June 2012; Accepted 9 July 2012
Academic Editor: Heinz D. Osiewacz
Copyright © 2012 Libuše Váchová et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Katya Uzunova, Milena Georgieva, and George Miloshev, “Saccharomyces cerevisiae Linker Histone—Hho1p Maintains Chromatin Loop Organization during Ageing,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- E.-M. Rivas, E. Gil de Prado, P. Wrent, M.-I. de Silóniz, P. Barreiro, E.C. Correa, F. Conejero, A. Murciano, and J.M. Peinado, “A simple mathematical model that describes the growth of the area and the number of total and viable cells in yeast colonies,” Letters in Applied Microbiology, 2014.
- Elena Gil de Prado, Eva-María Rivas, María-Isabel de Silóniz, Belén Diezma, Pilar Barreiro, and José M. Peinado, “Quantitative analysis of morphological changes in yeast colonies growing on solid medium: the eccentricity and Fourier indices,” Yeast, 2014.
- Dominika M Wloch-Salamon, “Sociobiology of the budding yeast,” Journal of Biosciences, 2014.
- Niki Chondrogianni, Marianthi Sakellari, Maria Lefaki, Nikoletta Papaevgeniou, and Efstathios S. Gonos, “Proteasome Activation Delays Aging in Vitro and in Vivo,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2014.
- S. Nagarajan, A. L. Kruckeberg, K. H. Schmidt, E. Kroll, M. Hamilton, K. McInnerney, R. Summers, T. Taylor, and F. Rosenzweig, “Uncoupling reproduction from metabolism extends chronological lifespan in yeast,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 111, no. 15, pp. E1538–E1547, 2014.