- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 608478, 14 pages
ROS in Aging Caenorhabditis elegans: Damage or Signaling?
Laboratory for Aging Physiology and Molecular Evolution, Department of Biology, Ghent University, K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Received 16 May 2012; Accepted 3 July 2012
Academic Editor: Vitor Costa
Copyright © 2012 Patricia Back et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Christiaan F. Labuschagne, and Arjan B. Brenkman, “Current methods in quantifying ROS and oxidative damage in Caenorhabditis elegans and other model organism of aging,” Ageing Research Reviews, 2013.
- Grace Y. S. Goh, Katherine L. Martelli, Kulveer S. Parhar, Ada W. L. Kwong, Marcus A. Wong, Allan Mah, Nicole S. Hou, and Stefan Taubert, “ The conserved Mediator subunit MDT-15 is required for oxidative stress responses in Caenorhabditis elegans ,” Aging Cell, 2013.
- Asuka Nishino, Ryo Kanno, and Tetsuya Matsuura, “ The Role of Oxygen Intermediates in the Retention Time of Diacetyl Adaptation in the Nematode Caenorhabditis elegans ,” Journal of Experimental Zoology Part A: Ecological Genetics and Physiology, 2013.
- Jürgen Bereiter-Hahn, “Do we age because we have mitochondria?,” Protoplasma, 2013.
- Andrew R. Mendelsohn, and James W. Larrick, “Rejuvenation of Adult Stem Cells: Is Age-Associated Dysfunction Epigenetic?,” Rejuvenation Research, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 152–157, 2013.
- Bedoor Qabazard, Ling Li, Jan Gruber, Meng Teng Peh, Li Fang Ng, Srinivasan Dinesh Kumar, Peter Rose, Choon-Hong Tan, Brian W. Dymock, Feng Wei, Suresh C. Swain, Barry Halliwell, Stephen R. Stürzenbaum, and Philip K. Moore, “ Hydrogen Sulfide Is an Endogenous Regulator of Aging in Caenorhabditis elegans ,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, pp. 131121072603008, 2013.
- Gustavo Barja, “Updating the Mitochondrial Free Radical Theory of Aging: An Integrated View, Key Aspects, and Confounding Concepts,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1420–1445, 2013.
- V. A. Chistyakov, Yu. O. Smirnova, E. V. Prazdnova, and A. V. Soldatov, “Possible Mechanisms of Fullerene C60 Antioxidant Action,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–4, 2013.
- Natascha Castelein, Michael Muschol, Ineke Dhondt, Huaihan Cai, Winnok H. De Vos, Norbert A. Dencher, and Bart P. Braeckrnan, “Mitochondrial efficiency is increased in axenically cultured Caenorhabditis elegans,” Experimental Gerontology, vol. 56, pp. 26–36, 2014.
- Brenna S. McCauley, and Weiwei Dang, “Histone methylation and aging: Lessons learned from model systems,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Gene Regulatory Mechanisms, 2014.
- Yu Sanada, Shota Asai, Atsumi Ikemoto, Takahito Moriwaki, Nobuya Nakamura, Masahiro Miyaji, and Qiu-Mei Zhang-Akiyama, “ Oxidation resistance 1 (OXR1) is essential for protection against oxidative stress and participates in the regulation of aging in Caenorhabditis elegans ,” Free Radical Research, pp. 1–27, 2014.
- Veronika Michalkova, Geoffrey M. Attardo, Jan Medlock, and Serap Aksoy, “Amelioration of Reproduction-Associated Oxidative Stress in a Viviparous Insect Is Critical to Prevent Reproductive Senescence,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 4, 2014.
- P Jiang Ping, “Vascular Aging and The Corresponding Mechanisms,” Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 295–304, 2014.
- Leanne Sandieson, Jason T.K. Hwang, and Gregory M. Kelly, “Redox Regulation of Canonical Wnt Signaling Affects Extraembryonic Endoderm Formation,” Stem Cells and Development, pp. 140311125028009, 2014.
- Sin-Gu Jeong, and Goang-Won Cho, “Trichostatin a modulates intracellular reactive oxygen species through SOD2 and FOXO1 in human bone marrow-mesenchymal stem cells,” Cell Biochemistry and Function, 2014.
- Annette O. Estevez, Kathleen L. Morgan, Nathaniel J. Szewczyk, David Gems, and Miguel Estevez, “The neurodegenerative effects of selenium are inhibited by FOXO and PINK1/PTEN regulation of insulin/insulin-like growth factor signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans,” NeuroToxicology, 2014.
- Gary J. Hunter, Chi H. Trinh, Rosalin Bonetta, Emma E. Stewart, Diane E. Cabelli, and Therese Hunter, “ The structure of the Caenorhabditis elegans manganese superoxide dismutase MnSOD-3-azide complex ,” Protein Science, 2015.
- Timothy Truong, Zachary A. Karlinski, Christopher O'Hara, Maleen Cabe, Hongkyun Kim, and Joanna C. Bakowska, “Oxidative Stress in Caenorhabditis elegans: Protective Effects of Spartin,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015.
- Jan Gruber, Ce-Belle Chen, Sheng Fong, Li Fang Ng, Emelyne Teo, and Barry Halliwell, “ Caenorhabditis elegans : What We Can and Cannot Learn from Aging Worms ,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, pp. 150429074209008, 2015.
- Jiyun Lee, Gayeung Kwon, and Young-Hee Lim, “Elucidating the Mechanism of Weissella-dependent Lifespan Extension in Caenorhabditis elegans,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, 2015.
- B A Martinez, H Kim, A Ray, G A Caldwell, and K A Caldwell, “A bacterial metabolite induces glutathione-tractable proteostatic damage, proteasomal disturbances, and PINK1-dependent autophagy in C. elegans,” Cell Death and Disease, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. e1908, 2015.
- Swati Srivastava, Aakanksha Pant, Shalini Trivedi, and Rakesh Pandey, “Curcumin and β-caryophellene attenuate cadmium quantum dots induced oxidative stress and lethality in Caenorhabditis elegans model system,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, 2016.