- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 707941, 11 pages
Does Vitamin C and E Supplementation Impair the Favorable Adaptations of Regular Exercise?
1Department of Physical Education and Sports Science at Serres, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 62110 Serres, Greece
2Department of Health, Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87109, USA
3Centre for Physiological Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Harrachgasse 21/II, 8010 Graz, Austria
4Department of Health, Leisure, and Exercise Science, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC 28608, USA
Received 1 April 2012; Revised 18 June 2012; Accepted 20 June 2012
Academic Editor: Felipe Dal-Pizzol
Copyright © 2012 Michalis G. Nikolaidis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Stanley Omaye, and Nabil Elsayed, “Antioxidants to Supplement or Not to Supplement That Is the Question,” Antioxidants, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–3, 2012.
- D. S. Senchina, L. M. Burke, S. J. Stear, and L. M. Castell, “A-Z of nutritional supplements: dietary supplements, sports nutrition foods and ergogenic aids for health and performance: part 39,” British Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 46, no. 16, pp. 1145–1146, 2012.
- Miki Tomoeda, Chiaki Kubo, Hidenori Yoshizawa, Michiko Yuki, Masanori Kitamura, Shigenori Nagata, Masahito Murakami, Yasuko Nishizawa, and Yasuhiko Tomita, “Role of antioxidant vitamins administration on the oxidative stress,” Central European Journal of Medicine, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 509–516, 2013.
- Matthew D. Muller, Rachel C. Drew, Jian Cui, Cheryl A. Blaha, Jessica L. Mast, and Lawrence I. Sinoway, “Effect of oxidative stress on sympathetic and renal vascular responses to ischemic exercise,” Physiological Reports, vol. 1, no. 3, 2013.
- Julie Schumacker, Francois Guerrero, Frauke Tillmans, Antoine Boutros, Kate Lambrechts, Aleksandra Mazur, Massimo Pieri, Peter Germonpre, and Costantino Balestra, “Dark chocolate reduces endothelial dysfunction after successive breath-hold dives in cool water,” European Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 113, no. 12, pp. 2967–2975, 2013.
- J.N. Cobley, G.K. Sakellariou, D.J. Owens, S. Murray, S. Waldron, W. Gregson, W.D. Fraser, J.G. Burniston, L.A. Iwanejko, A. McArdle, J.P. Morton, M.J. Jackson, and G.L. Close, “Lifelong training preserves some redox-regulated adaptive responses following an acute exercise stimulus in aged human skeletal muscle,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2014.