- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 718491, 10 pages
Nutraceutical Interventions for Promoting Healthy Aging in Invertebrate Models
1Department of Biological Sciences, Clemson University, 132 Long Hall, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
2Institute for Engaged Aging, Clemson University, 535A Edwards Hall, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
3Laboratory of Experimental Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, 251 Bayview Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Received 22 June 2012; Revised 8 August 2012; Accepted 10 August 2012
Academic Editor: Heinz D. Osiewacz
Copyright © 2012 Yuqing Dong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- C. Wang, J. Yolitz, T. Alberico, M. Laslo, Y. Sun, C. T. Wheeler, X. Sun, and S. Zou, “Cranberry Interacts With Dietary Macronutrients to Promote Healthy Aging in Drosophila,” The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, 2013.
- Aikaterini Argyropoulou, Nektarios Aligiannis, Ioannis P. Trougakos, and Alexios-Leandros Skaltsounis, “Natural compounds with anti-ageing activity,” Natural Product Reports, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1412, 2013.
- Yaning Sun, Jason Yolitz, Thomas Alberico, Xiaoping Sun, and Sige Zou, “Lifespan extension by cranberry supplementation partially requires SOD2 and is life stage independent,” Experimental Gerontology, vol. 50, pp. 57–63, 2014.
- Sujay Guha, Ojas Natarajan, Cole Murbach, Jessica Dinh, Ethan Wilson, Min Cao, Sige Zou, and Yuqing Dong, “Supplement Timing of Cranberry Extract Plays a Key Role in Promoting Caenorhabditis elegans Healthspan,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 911–921, 2014.
- Charu Gupta, and Dhan Prakash, “Nutraceuticals for geriatrics,” Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine, 2014.
- Athanasios Pantavos, Rikje Ruiter, Edith F. Feskens, Catherine E. de Keyser, Albert Hofman, Bruno H. Stricker, Oscar H. Franco, and Jessica C. Kiefte-de Jong, “Total dietary antioxidant capacity, individual antioxidant intake and breast cancer risk: The Rotterdam study,” International Journal of Cancer, 2014.
- K. T. Chandrashekara, Sonam Popli, and M. N. Shakarad, “Curcumin enhances parental reproductive lifespan and progeny viability in Drosophila melanogaster,” Age, vol. 36, no. 5, 2014.
- Xiaoxia Wang, Lauren F. Cook, Lindsay M. Grasso, Min Cao, and Yuqing Dong, “Royal Jelly-Mediated Prolongevity and Stress Resistance in Caenorhabditis elegans Is Possibly Modulated by the Interplays of DAF-16, SIR-2.1, HCF-1, a,” Journals Of Gerontology Series A-Biological Sciences And Medical Sciences, vol. 70, no. 7, pp. 827–838, 2015.
- Barkat Khan, Naveed Akhtar, Abder Menaa, and Farid Menaa, “A Novel Cassia fistula (L.)-Based Emulsion Elicits Skin Anti-Aging Benefits in Humans,” Cosmetics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 368–383, 2015.
- Bruno J. Neves, Rodolpho C. Braga, Jose C. B. Bezerra, Pedro V. L. Cravo, and Carolina H. Andrade, “In Silico Repositioning-Chemogenomics Strategy Identifies New Drugs with Potential Activity against Multiple Life Stages of Schistosoma mansoni,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 9, no. 1, 2015.
- Karen L. Sweazea, Carol S. Johnston, Jessica Knurick, and Courtney D. Bliss, “Plant-Based Nutraceutical Increases Plasma Catalase Activity in Healthy Participants: A Small Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Proof of Concept Trial,” Journal of Dietary Supplements, pp. 1–14, 2016.
- Francisco E. B. Júnior, Giulianna Echeverria Macedo, Ana Paula Zemolin, Gustavo Felipe da Silva, Litiele Cezar da Cruz, Aline Augusti Boligon, Irwin R. A. de Menezes, Jeferson Luis Franco, and Thaís Posser, “ Oxidant effects and toxicity of Croton campestris in Drosophila melanogaster ,” Pharmaceutical Biology, pp. 1–10, 2016.
- Christopher T. Ford, Sian Richardson, Francis McArdle, Silvina B. Lotito, Alan Crozier, Anne McArdle, and Malcolm J. Jackson, “Identification of (poly)phenol treatments that modulate the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines by human lymphocytes,” British Journal Of Nutrition, vol. 115, no. 10, pp. 1699–1710, 2016.
- Ryuichi Yamada, Sonali A. Deshpande, Erin S. Keebaugh, Margaux R. Ehrlich, Alina Soto Obando, and William W. Ja, “ Mifepristone Reduces Food Palatability and Affects Drosophila Feeding and Lifespan ,” The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, pp. glw072, 2016.